ImageImageImageImageImage

1-800-SAVE-PAU

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

GeneralNash
Banned User
And1: 13

What about Pau coming off the bench as a Center for D12 

Post#21 » by GeneralNash » Wed Jan 2, 2013 9:43 pm

I think everyone seems to think pau is a better center than a PF. Having Pau come off the bench for Howard as a center could solve this issue. I would like to see Dantoni experiment with this.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Re: Pau couldn't start for any team 

Post#22 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jan 2, 2013 10:30 pm

destro wrote:looks like you got torn a new one for this very exact thread on the gb, can't say you don't deserve it especially when pau would start for over half the teams in the league. that's what you get when posting comes before thinking. anyway, it wasn't too long ago when pau lead team spain as their best player to the gold medal game in the olympics. and this is what i mean by a lot of people in this fan base treating pau like he's absolute ****. pau is still the most skilled big man sans dirk & duncan and he can still play at a high level. is it obvious that he needs to go? yeah it is, if not because it's clear he needs a change of scenery and go to a team where he can play a bigger role that's actually suited to his skillset, but also with the addition of howard he just doesn't fit in the equation anymore.

didn't watch the game last night, but there are plenty of reasons as to why we aren't title contenders. pau's play and total struggle of finding a role, dwight not being healthy, and d'antoni just being the wrong coach for the team.

I'll reiterate the same thing that I said in the gb thread. Olympic basketball ISN'T the same thing as NBA basketball. There's whole different level of drive where you're representing your country. As far as the Lakers are concerned, Pau hasn't played with the same motivation since 2009, and it has gotten progressively worse. Also the level of physicality is completely different in international play. There's a reason why alot of foreign plays cant transition to the NBA. And lets be real here, the talent pool is pretty awful compared to NBA basketball. Outside of maybe three or four teams (Spain and US included) there was a whole lot of mediocrity.
LAFan24
Junior
And1: 9

Post#23 » by LAFan24 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 10:42 pm

Package Pau for Lowry + Bargnani

Nash
Lowry
Kobe
Metta/Bargnani
Dwight

We get a starting line up that is younger, can play defense and got bargnani/hill/meeks coming off the bench.

+ Raptors get their Center
D Nice
Veteran
And1: 473

Post#24 » by D Nice » Wed Jan 2, 2013 10:43 pm

Nice to see people coming around to what I've been saying since 2011.
Uncle Jeff
Senior
And1: 32

Post#25 » by Uncle Jeff » Wed Jan 2, 2013 10:58 pm

LAFan24 wrote:Package Pau for Lowry + Bargnani

Nash
Lowry
Kobe
Metta/Bargnani
Dwight

We get a starting line up that is younger, can play defense and got bargnani/hill/meeks coming off the bench.

I rather keep bargs while keeping Lowry.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#26 » by hermes » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:05 pm

this is crazy, he's starting for our team isn't he?
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#27 » by Cashin out » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:18 pm

Nash
Lowry
Kobe
Metta/Bargnani
Dwight

I can see this trade happening especially since the Raptors came out and said they want to package Lowry with Bargnani just to get rid of Bargnani.Hopefully Mitch can pull it off soon.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#28 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:28 pm

Bulls fan here. Pau would definately start on atleast half the teams in the league, and thats a conservative guess. Pau still has mad game, but Dantonis just way too stubborn to use the man to his ability.

I think the trade that was rumored about a month back wouldve been great for you guys. Gasol for Calderon, Kleiza and Bargnani. I know Bargs has plenty of flaws in his game, but his strengths are the same strengths that Dantoni loves in a bigman. Kleiza would be a solid bench guy in that system, not spectacular obviously but solid. Calderon would be the biggest piece IMO. A great backup PG that would fit in extremely well with his pass-first mentality, plus would provide a great insurance policy if Nash were to get hurt again.

Problem is that Mitch did what our Gm/Gms are notorious for, holding onto his chips for too long while the value just deteriorates. Kind of a rare mistake for him though. Atleast your Gm doesnt do that frequntly, but he did drop the ball on that one
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Uncle Jeff
Senior

Post#29 » by Uncle Jeff » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:31 pm

Cashin out wrote:

Nash
Lowry
Kobe
Metta/Bargnani
Dwight

I can see this trade happening especially since the Raptors came out and said they want to package Lowry with Bargnani just to get rid of Bargnani.Hopefully Mitch can pull it off soon.

If we do trade bargs to the lakers, hes probably gonna be paried with calderon, not Lowry.
LAFan24
Junior

Post#30 » by LAFan24 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:44 pm

Uncle Jeff wrote:
Cashin out wrote:

Nash
Lowry
Kobe
Metta/Bargnani
Dwight

If we do trade bargs to the lakers, hes probably gonna be paried with calderon, not Lowry.

Hopefully this guy makes it happen

Uncle Jeff
Senior

Post#31 » by Uncle Jeff » Thu Jan 3, 2013 12:00 am

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#32 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Jan 3, 2013 12:12 am

Calderon and Nash on the same team? The two best shooting PGs in the league that don't shoot?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#33 » by TyCobb » Thu Jan 3, 2013 12:16 am

We don't have enough basketballs for them to pass around!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#34 » by DrewBynum77 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 2:08 am

overreaction.
LAFan24
Junior

Post#35 » by LAFan24 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 2:26 am

DrewBynum77 wrote:overreaction.

31 games in? Something has to change. This team needs to get younger and aquire depth and at this point, Pau should be expendable. Pau might have a good game once in a while but I can put money on the fact that he won't have more than 2 good games in a row.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#36 » by AcecardZ » Thu Jan 3, 2013 3:16 am

Three types of fans itt...

Rational Lakers fan.... Pau has been awful all year and Lakers absolutely must move him to have any hope of competing.

Rational Lakers fan but big Pau homer.... Pau hasn't looked great but he's helped us win two championships so no matter how awful he's looked this year, and I'll def admit he's been awful most of the season, we can't move or trade him because it wouldn't be fair to Pau.

NBA fan that hasn't watched every Lakers game... Pau will be fine. He's the lost skilled big man not named Duncan and Lakers fans are being irrational or overreacting to wanting to move the guy.

Anybody that's watched every Laker game this year can clearly see Pau is a huge liability in the court at this point. Sure he makes a nifty pass from time to time and with his length he stumbles into 6rebounds a game but he offers nothing more than that. The only way I keep him if I'm Mitch is if no teams have any interest or if a doctor tells me he's only struggling because of a minor foot ailment that should right itself within the next six weeks.

Pau looked great during the Olympics but that Olympic run came a the expense of his 2012-2013 NBA season. If he isn't moved the Lakers season is all but over.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
IamBBAnalysis
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#37 » by IamBBAnalysis » Thu Jan 3, 2013 3:18 am

destro wrote:looks like you got torn a new one for this very exact thread on the gb, can't say you don't deserve it especially when pau would start for over half the teams in the league. that's what you get when posting comes before thinking. anyway, it wasn't too long ago when pau lead team spain as their best player to the gold medal game in the olympics. and this is what i mean by a lot of people in this fan base treating pau like he's absolute ****. pau is still the most skilled big man sans dirk & duncan and he can still play at a high level. is it obvious that he needs to go? yeah it is, if not because it's clear he needs a change of scenery and go to a team where he can play a bigger role that's actually suited to his skillset, but also with the addition of howard he just doesn't fit in the equation anymore.

didn't watch the game last night, but there are plenty of reasons as to why we aren't title contenders. pau's play and total struggle of finding a role, dwight not being healthy, and d'antoni just being the wrong coach for the team.

You should have watched the game. Gasol got opportunities...he just looked "done". Its just one game though. He looked good against Portland though.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#38 » by Mirjalovic » Thu Jan 3, 2013 4:22 am

Nash
Lowry
Kobe
Metta/Bargnani
Dwight

i will keep Gasol.

no way i would want Bargnani, if you think Pau playing no defense or bad, Bargnani is much worse.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

stillflossin
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#39 » by stillflossin » Thu Jan 3, 2013 6:58 am

I think Pau is a complete defensive liability at this point. Just too immobile. And the moment last night where a play got whistled dead and Pau went up for a no-count, uncontested dunk and got stuffed by the rim.... That showed a lot. It can't be denied that he is a very valuable, if not downright great player on his good nights, but those are getting fewer and farther between.

However,

As Laker fans it seems like we have all (obviously not literally all, but largely) gotten into this mindset that you just trade your problems away, or just trade to get what you need, and I just don't think that's always the case. At this point, I really believe that a big move like trading Pau would be too much shake up for a team that has already been through so much this year. You need continuity, we saw that with the Heat, we see it every year with the Spurs, etc. At some point you have to roll with what you got. I'd love to see Pau's minutes get cut significantly, probably even bring him in off the bench, but I think from here on out, our team should be our team. Just face it, this team isn't very good and a lot needs to change for them to be good (resisting the urge to vent about Kobe...), but we as fans need to be patient and encouraging this year and hope that they figure out a way to get things done, as a team.
blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#40 » by blackham9258 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:35 am

As a jazz fan I keep hoping the jazz offer millsap/marvin/bell for pau. I think this is great value for you guys at this point, and I think most laser fans would jump at this opportunity. Right?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers