ImageImageImageImageImage

1-800-SAVE-PAU

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

EnigmaticProblem
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#281 » by EnigmaticProblem » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:21 am

nashill wrote:if +/- is accurate, lakers becomes a better team just by losing Pau (with the last 4 games as a refernce).

thortorn + brooks is 1000 times better than meeks+duhon
hayes is a serviceable backup small forward

Do you even watch basketball? Hayes? At small forward?
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#282 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:23 am

:lol:

Celtics just waived 2 of their scrubs.....if LA follows suit it's clear as day what's happening
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
ShowTimeERA
Assistant Coach
And1: 208

Post#283 » by ShowTimeERA » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:45 am

Nothing is happening until Dwight's MRI results are in.
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#284 » by gotokyo » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:58 am

Please let that trade be real!
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#285 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:47 pm

Checking the salaries,that trade doesn't make sense(if we're indeed planning a 2014 run)

Both Hayes and Thornton have salaries after that year and wil be making almost 15 mil combined

T-Rob as we know,will be on the rookie scale and we'd have his option

How about a 4 team trade?Kings don't know what they'll do with Gasol,he's useless to them
Minny however,especially with Love out,would happily want Pau if they don't have to give up too much

Lakers out:Gasol,Jamison,Blake,Ebanks
Lakers in:Robinson,Terry,Ridnour,Brooks,Cunningham

Kings out:Cousins,Hayes,Brooks,Robinson
Kings in:D.Williams,Sullinger,Bradley,Melo,Blake,1st round picks from Celtics and Wolvez

Celtics out:Bradley,Sullinger,Melo,Terry,picks
Celtics in:Cousins,Hayes

Wolvez out:D.Williams,Ridnour,Cunningham,picks
Wolvez in:Gasol,Jamison,Ebanks

Celtics and Wolvez get what they want,Cousins and Gasol,taking a few other contracts in the process and sending a few 1st round picks to the Kings(we don't have any)

Lakers get nothing spectacular,but solid role players...we shore up our PG position and get a big prospect in Robinson and a scorer off the bench in Terry
The trade works better then the rumored one,only Terry has a contract running after 2014 but it's only 5 million,not 15 ,what Hayes+Thornton would be
We get rid of Blake's contract,and 2 bench warmers in Jamison and Ebanks in the process....waive DJO to have enough roster spots

Kings get a few young players (Williams,Sullinger,Melo,Bradley) and get rid of Hayes' ugly contract...they get multiple 1st round picks too in exchange for the headcase Cousins,who may walk out(very possible too ) for free after his rookie contract expires

The trade makes every team better right now(considering what they gave and what they received) except the Kings,who sucked anyway,and who'd get pieces for the future

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=at864j7

Only the Kings would hesitate to pull the thrigger IMO in that scenario....
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
EnigmaticProblem
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#286 » by EnigmaticProblem » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:33 pm

If I'm the Lakers, I try to get Cousins for Gasol. Maybe bring in a third team to make it happen. Surely we can conjure up a better deal than that nonsense the Celtics are supposedly offering. Dwight + Cousins. . . We win the rebound battle EVERY night. I would be willing to give up Nash and Gasol if it meant Cousins.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#287 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:44 pm

It's kind of funny if it's real... The NBA's 2 perennial big market franchises teaming up to make sure they stay on top.

Like two great tired armies who hate each other but are damned if they'll watch any upstart nations win the wars.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,677

Post#288 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:29 pm

:rofl:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNUZnFcycQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#289 » by Cashin out » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:16 pm

We should go after Demarcus Cousins,dude is too talented playing with Nash will make him even better.

LA trade: Gasol
Sac trade: Cousins/Salmons/Garcia
Minny trade: Pekovik/Dwill/Barea

LA gets: Cousins/Salmons/Garcia
Sac gets: Pekovik/Dwill/Barea
Minny gets: Gasol
wasfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#290 » by wasfan » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:18 pm

i say lakers throw the season and trade howard or gasol fo kevin love... tank the season for a real pick next year and win the championship a la 97 spurs...
Cashin out
Banned User

Post#291 » by Cashin out » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:53 pm

Kevin Love is the most overrated player in the NBA.

Ask Minnesota fans they will tell you they seem to play better as a team without Kevin Love.I will say this again Kevin Love is a stat padder,he is not a franchise player.Oh yeah and his defense sucks.Oh and he seems to packed on some weight when he cam back from his injury.

I would trade Gasol for Love but not Dwight.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#292 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:56 pm

Cashin out wrote:Kevin Love is the most overrated player in the NBA.

Ask Minnesota fans they will tell you they seem to play better as a team without Kevin Love.I will say this again Kevin Love is a stat padder,he is not a franchise player.Oh yeah and his defense sucks.Oh and he seems to packed on some weight when he cam back from his injury.

Yea they play better without Love who has been dealing with a broken hand. There sure seems to be a lot to take from there........
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#293 » by Doormatt » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:57 pm

wasfan wrote:i say lakers throw the season and trade howard or gasol fo kevin love... tank the season for a real pick next year and win the championship a la 97 spurs...

once again, the lakers do not own their pick, the suns do. and if its non-lottery it goes to the cavs.
#doorgek
Cashin out
Banned User

Post#294 » by Cashin out » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:06 pm

Mattya wrote:

Yea they play better without Love who has been dealing with a broken hand. There sure seems to be a lot to take from there........
What up boss,did I spell something wrong? :lol:

So what you think about a Gasol/Hill for Love swap?
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#295 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:11 pm

Cashin out wrote:
Mattya wrote:

What up boss,did I spell something wrong? :lol:

So what you think about a Gasol/Hill for Love swap?

Doesn't look like it at quick glance, but you did miss a couple spaces and commas. How about a Brandon Roy for Dwight Howard swap if we are talking about crappy deals.
Levity
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#296 » by Levity » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:34 pm

rationale going into the trade

BOS: theyre looking for a big body that can both score in the paint and rebound. They also have an a crowded backcourt of serviceable players they could be willing to move

LAL: Mike D's offense is insistent that the teams PF stretches the floor for its center. Serviceable depth at the pg position is still needed

UTA: They have two frontcourt players who require minutes which takes away minutes from their two front court players of the future. If those players are moved, Utah can start to really develop their future big men. With mo will out, the jazz could use more depth at the pg position

BOS sends out: bradley, terry, green
BOS receives: Big Al, Ebanks

LAL send out: Gasol, Blake, Ebanks
LAL receives: Milsap, Terry, Marvin WIlliams

UTA sends: out Milsap, Big Al, Marvin WIlliams,
UTA receives: Bradley, Green, Pau, Blake

I tried making this trade using the espn trade machine, but seeing as jeff green is injured on it, i wasnt able to actually add him. but looking at the numbers, the trade should work

How does this help Boston? A big al/kevin garnett front court could really do some damage in the east. Also, this could potentially give them the upper hand in a play off series vs miami, if the two teams were to meet again. Ebanks could fill in for the back up 2/3 spot.

Why LA does this? Depending on who you ask, it seems like gasols time in la is over. So by bringing in milsap/m williams, the lakers are able to stretch the floor better on offense, and millsap brings energy and movement to the 4 spot, that we dont see in pau all that often. Terry seems like the type of player that could benefit from running Mike D's offense

Why Utah does it? It seems to me that many utah fans want both big al and millsap gone. by doing this trade, they get rid of both of those players, allowing favors and kanter to start at the 4 and 5 and have a 3 big front court rotation with pau coming off the bench to fill either spot. They also get a better scorer at the 3 in jeff green, and get a young pg/sg in bradley who should fit in nicely with mo williams out for a month, and lastly, they get steve blake to come off the bench as a back up pg. And though taking back a 19 million a season pf to come off the bench may seem like a head scratcher. It really isnt. This gives the jazz a good oppurtunity to make a play off run with paus veteran leadership guiding this young team off the bench. and if by next season, the jazz see no reason to keep gasol, which most likely they wont, then pau becomes a 20 million dollar expirer to trade or have come off the books.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#297 » by loveshaq786 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:43 pm

I actually like that trade alot..... but would we want jeff green instead of marvin williams? ...whatchu think, who is the better fit?
Levity
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#298 » by Levity » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:48 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:I actually like that trade alot..... but would we want jeff green instead of marvin williams? ...whatchu think, who is the better fit?

utah has to get jeff green in order to make the trade appeasing to them. green would be great in la as either a 3 or 4, but since utah has to get something of value back, marvin williams coming to la is still a nice come up. and in my opinion, both boston and utah still improve with this trade.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#299 » by EArl » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:28 pm

Don think its happening but I heard a rumor of Randolph and Gay for Gasol MWP and Jamison. Have not seen if salaries match.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#300 » by Slava » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:31 pm

Randolph is like the anti of everything D'Antoni has been prophesying for years.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers