ImageImageImageImageImage

First Time in LA for Bucks Game!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

KOB3
Sophomore
And1: 1

First Time in LA for Bucks Game! 

Post#1 » by KOB3 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Whats up guys Just a question about LA and what to do. Im flying out tomorrow and watching the Bucks v Lakeshow game. For those that live in LA or are familiar with the area, Whats to do in downtown LA on a monday or tuesday night? advice on where to go? My first time flying out and im PUMPED. Lets turn this season around! look for the only person wearin a metta world peace jersey because its probably me.
bigball123
Veteran
And1: 1

Re: First Time in LA for Bucks Game! 

Post#2 » by bigball123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 am

Hey, there isn't a whole lot to do "Downtown" by Staples. But across the street at LA Live you there is some dining, as well as ice skating. If this is your first time out west you HAVE TO make a stop at In N Out. It's the best Fast Food in the world.
LA_Sports
Junior
And1: 12

Post#3 » by LA_Sports » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 am

Go check out the OT: Visting California thread a couple posts down... Lots of good ideas in that.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#4 » by EArl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:11 am

Theres a big wangs sports and Bar restaurant and if you go during Happy Hour all drinks are 5$.Its a bit of a long walk from Staples Center. There is also Hooters close to staples center, but i've never been there. If you want a chill bar I usually go to the library bar which is by the central library in downtown.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 am

bigball123 wrote:Hey, there isn't a whole lot to do "Downtown" by Staples. But across the street at LA Live you there is some dining, as well as ice skating. If this is your first time out west you HAVE TO make a stop at In N Out. It's the best Fast Food in the world.

had In N Out recently after wanting it for 6 years (it's been that long since i've been in america), was very disappointed.

find a Five Guys instead. they do burgers right
LGND2552
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#6 » by LGND2552 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 am

So many places to eat...yelp near staples center sort by rating. Look at ratings + # of reviews.

But outside of eating, hit up a rooftop bar. The standard has a pretty dope one.
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#7 » by LA_Sports » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:32 am

Aki wrote:
bigball123 wrote:Hey, there isn't a whole lot to do "Downtown" by Staples. But across the street at LA Live you there is some dining, as well as ice skating. If this is your first time out west you HAVE TO make a stop at In N Out. It's the best Fast Food in the world.

had In N Out recently after wanting it for 6 years (it's been that long since i've been in america), was very disappointed.

Ugh I seriously don't get the whole Five Guys thing... The burgers are super overpriced and they taste like something I could make at home.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#8 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 am

LA_Sports wrote:
Aki wrote:

Ugh I seriously don't get the whole Five Guys thing... The burgers are super overpriced and they taste like something I could make at home.

as opposed to a burger from in n out? its not very hard to make a burger at home

then again, your definition of overpriced doesnt compare to australian standards. first thing i noticed in america was everything was half price (and bigger at the same time), so five guys wasn't expensive for me at all

nb. i wish there was more american food chains in oz
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#9 » by Imadogg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Aki wrote:as opposed to a burger from in n out? its not very hard to make a burger at home

then again, your definition of overpriced doesnt compare to australian standards. first thing i noticed in america was everything was half price (and bigger at the same time), so five guys wasn't expensive for me at all

nb. i wish there was more american food chains in oz

Hahaha went to a restaurant the other night with a dude from Australia, he ordered a burger and a baked potato and freaked out at how big the portions were, he couldn't finish ****

Also, maaaan in n out never lets me down, that hits the spot every time and my mouth waters just thinking about it :droop: :droop: :droop:
pootpoot
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#10 » by pootpoot » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Don't go to in n out expecting the best in the world cause it's not, it's just a pretty good place far better than normal fast food but hey I live next to like 3 and I never go so
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#11 » by LA_Sports » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:47 pm

I just think Five Guys is super overrated. The Habit makes burgers about the same price that are so much better.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,463

Post#12 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 pm

get the hell outta here with the habit is as good as five guys. the habit sucks, no better than jim's burgers at any corner.

anyways, five guys with some grilled mushrooms, yummy. their cajun fries are the best.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#13 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Five Guys is whack as hell.....In N Out is cool, but being the health nut I am it's the turkey burger for me at Fat Burger.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#14 » by ak7 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Eat breakfast at the Pantry. It's right down the street on Figueroa (street staples center is on), yes there will be a wait, and yes it will be the best breakfest you ever have.
LA_Sports
Junior

Post#15 » by LA_Sports » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 pm

dockingsched wrote:get the hell outta here with the habit is as good as five guys. the habit sucks, no better than jim's burgers at any corner.

anyways, five guys with some grilled mushrooms, yummy. their cajun fries are the best.

Hahaha Do you work for Five guys or something... You take your burgers way too seriously!
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#16 » by EArl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 pm

The pantry is whack as hell. Super expensive, long ass waiting line and the food taste average at best. Might as well go to Denny's or i-hop which are right by there.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,463

Post#17 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:32 pm

LA_Sports wrote:
dockingsched wrote:get the hell outta here with the habit is as good as five guys. the habit sucks, no better than jim's burgers at any corner.

Hahaha Do you work for Five guys or something... You take your burgers way too seriously!

i'm very serious about my burgers, pizza, and hot wings.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#18 » by AcecardZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Five Guys is whack as hell.....In N Out is cool, but being the health nut I am it's the turkey burger for me at Fat Burger.

Fatburger is the best burger in LA... I don't do turkey burgers though so I'm pretty sure Deep will outlive me... Hold things down when I'm gone Deep! ;)
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#19 » by AcecardZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 am

dockingsched wrote:
LA_Sports wrote:

i'm very serious about my burgers, pizza, and hot wings.

I take hot wings seriously also and I was way disappointed when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time two months ago. The food there was downright awful!

If you're in Vegas there is a spot called Miller's Alehouse in Town Square that has phenomenal boneless buffalo chicken strips.

As far as chicken wings go they can't be those steroided out wings. They must be small, slightly crispy and flavored just right. If it looks more like a chicken leg than a chicken wing it's probably no good.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#20 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:42 am

AcecardZ wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Five Guys is whack as hell.....In N Out is cool, but being the health nut I am it's the turkey burger for me at Fat Burger.

Fatburger is the best burger in LA... I don't do turkey burgers though so I'm pretty sure Deep will outlive me... Hold things down when I'm gone Deep! ;)
Lol...I was taking down burgers like that back in the day Ace! But eventually I got smarter about my well being. You will too one day.

Heck back in the day me and my boys use to throw down on this burger called the Colossal burger....two patties, pastrami, chili and cheese with the rest of the works ! That was fuel before we hit the hardwood!
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers