or

howard's TO when he gets the ball from the post
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Re: Dwight: "Lakers turnaround starts with me" 

Post#42 » by TyCobb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm

You can still get a rebound and maintain possession on a missed shot.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#43 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm

My daughter's 11 and plays Center... They tell her to keep the ball high because she's tall.
Fundamentals.

When the ball get's slapped away from Dwight, it's always around his waist.

I think before the surgery, he used to hunch over the ball more when he brought it down, now he's standing more upright and exposing it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kevaroo
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Kevaroo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Kilroy wrote:My daughter's 11 and plays Center... They tell her to keep the ball high because she's tall.
Fundamentals.

When the ball get's slapped away from Dwight, it's always around his waist.

I think before the surgery, he used to hunch over the ball more when he brought it down, now he's standing more upright and exposing it.

You are wrong, he has always done this. People just didn't care when he was the star. He's averaging the same amount of TO's a game.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 95

Post#45 » by Jaykoolzboy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Just give him 30 shots per game and see what's going on. Since he will only be happy to be "THE MAN". The only
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#46 » by AdonisDeMarion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm looking for Howard to have 25 and 22 tonite, we will win tonite too.
KevinUrb
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#47 » by KevinUrb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 pm

TyCobb wrote:You can still get a rebound and maintain possession on a missed shot.
This.. A missed shot is better than a turnover. Id take Kobe jacking up shots in a rythm with his shoot first mentaality over force feeding dwight when the pass isnt there. All these turnovers from people trying to force the pass to dwight so much or when dwight finally gets it he turns it over himself. Smh
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#48 » by Cashin out » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 pm

The guy wants to stay here he just wants more touches. Feed the man and he will be happy and this team will be better.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#49 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Glad to know we're on our fifth season.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#50 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm

5th?! It's got to be like the 15th...
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#51 » by CraZyPraiZ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm

In a way I am glad he is being exposed in a big market. This is the same player that the Magic had last year. In spite of that D12 can turn it around. He can become the DPOY that he used to be and dominate on defense. He is the only player that Lebron could never ever abuse going down the lane. In fact it was Howards presence that let us beat Cleveland quite regularly back in the day. I'd like to see the big fella turn it around. It hurts to see him play so badly.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#52 » by Jetset » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:In a way I am glad he is being exposed in a big market. This is the same player that the Magic had last year. In spite of that D12 can turn it around. He can become the DPOY that he used to be and dominate on defense. He is the only player that Lebron could never ever abuse going down the lane. In fact it was Howards presence that let us beat Cleveland quite regularly back in the day. I'd like to see the big fella turn it around. It hurts to see him play so badly.

you have d'antoni and back surgery to thank for that.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#53 » by Orium » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:In a way I am glad he is being exposed in a big market. This is the same player that the Magic had last year. In spite of that D12 can turn it around. He can become the DPOY that he used to be and dominate on defense. He is the only player that Lebron could never ever abuse going down the lane. In fact it was Howards presence that let us beat Cleveland quite regularly back in the day. I'd like to see the big fella turn it around. It hurts to see him play so badly.

He has it in his head that he wants to be Shaq on offense so he's begun playing to his weaknesses rather than to his strengths. This is part of the prima-dona Dwight that began in Orlando. Something needs to humble him so he comes back down to earth and he becomes the dominating Dwight of old. I miss that Dwight.

He'll probably just tuck tail again and flee to the next city who he thinks will be more accommodating of his ego.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
ReadyOrlando
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#54 » by ReadyOrlando » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 pm

He's trying to avoid a trade. He wants to be the one to determine his future at the end of the season. See his comments at last year this time. I'm cool with Dwight's people, and trust me he has not made up his decision yet but if he is not the focal point of the offense he is out. He made these statements to counter what JVG was saying about him at the same time on Sports Center. #ShowingMyselfOut
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#55 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 pm

You may be right... I don't believe for a second anybody knows what Dwight's thinking but Dwight.
But there's logic to what you're suggesting about determining his own future.
That said, Dwight may be the most offensively limited 'Superstar' the league has ever seen... If he wants to be the focus of the offense, he's out of his mind.
Defensive superstar, a'la Bill Russell who can score when available? Sure. But focus of the offense? Not so sure about that.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#56 » by CraZyPraiZ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Orium wrote:

He has it in his head that he wants to be Shaq on offense so he's begun playing to his weaknesses rather than to his strengths. This is part of the prima-dona Dwight that began in Orlando. Something needs to humble him so he comes back down to earth and he becomes the dominating Dwight of old. I miss that Dwight.

He'll probably just tuck tail again and flee to the next city who he thinks will be more accommodating of his ego.

Awesome post and dead on. We saw this towards the end in Orlando He needs to be Bill Russell. Someone somewhere told him he needed to become a scorer. If he could only get it in his head that he is a game changer but on the defensive end. SVG was great at it but then Dwight shut him off. If Dwight hits bottom and turns it around then the Lakers will be deadly. Hopefully his back holds out also.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#57 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm

In his mind he's Wilt Chamberlain, but look at which of the 2 won (many) more titles...
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#58 » by moonpie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Dwight Howard have it all.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#59 » by Run-MKE 311 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Drama, distraction, nonsense, that has been Dwight's game so far this year. I like to hear that he wants to take accountability, now let's see if it translates out on the court.
Ball so hard.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#60 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:08 am

Kevaroo wrote:
Anklebreaker702 wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225747/Dwight_Lakers_Turnaround_Starts_With_Me

I actually believe the Lakers will win tonight, but if by the off chance they lose. What do you make of this statement?

Win or lose everyone has to take responsibility for their respective parts. So on a blanket scale its a good statement.
VETERAN LAKER FAN

Return to Los Angeles Lakers