76ers---fire sale????

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: 76ers---fire sale???? 

Post#41 » by crazyeights » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:04 pm

The Candyman...such a horrible pick. Or, what an awful year to get the 1st pick.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,239

Post#42 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 pm

I think Embiid is on the block because he's made it known he doesn't want to play there... It's a bad fit for him and I think he hoped to get drafted by us or a contender.
I don't think he's as fragile as it seems on the surface.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#43 » by LApwnd » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Kilroy wrote:I think Embiid is on the block because he's made it known he doesn't want to play there... It's a bad fit for him and I think he hoped to get drafted by us or a contender.

would you trade our 15' pick for him? IF we get #1 do you still do the trade and ask for additional compensation back from Phi, like their 15' pick or one of the other 1st they own (okc/den)?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,239

Post#44 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:18 pm

If we get the first pick, it'd definitely take more than just Embiid, but I'd probably do it.
Embiid has more upside in my opinion than the other big options out there.... So if we could land him and a first for the first pick in 2015, I'd do it.
If we got a top 5 pick but not the first, I'd do it even faster.

Then we'd be a perimeter playmaker away from a halfway decent Triangle core for the future.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Xepa777
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,743

Post#45 » by Xepa777 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:10 am

Kilroy wrote:I think Embiid is on the block because he's made it known he doesn't want to play there... It's a bad fit for him and I think he hoped to get drafted by us or a contender.

Had to come here to clarify all the crazy Sixers rumors...

1) There's nothing to show the Sixers are not happy with Embiid or that Embiid demanded a trade. We brought over Embiid's mentor, LRMM, who brought him to America after his camp in Cameroon and who advised him to go to Kansas. Also advised him on going to the NBA instead of staying a year.

To compare the verbage with MCW, our coaching staff has said "maybe he's never going to be that guy" when talking about the passing skills needed to be a PG. Our coach has shown frustrations.

2) He's in no way or shape 300 pounds

3) Several times our coaching staff and GM have referred to Embiid as "the center of our universe" which was never language used for MCW.

4) It is an ASTOUNDING leap to say our GM "entertained" trade offers with "Sixers are actively trying to trade Embiid" like what some here are saying... C'mon. And FYI, the source of this article is Howard Eskin, who hates HInkie because he won't provide any information for Eskin to write on. Hinkie has a no-media policy. This is in contrast to Ramona...who's like LAL's obnoxious PR mouthpiece.

To say some of the reckless things in this thread is akin to saying that no one wants to play with Kobe (not true, Dwight's just a bitch and Melo went with the money) or that Kobe doesn't make his teammates better (again, not true, looking at stats of all the role players from 06-10 they all had career highs while at LA with Kobe on the floor in 5 man units.)

Have some responsibility fellas. And Embiid>>>anyone in this year's draft.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,608

Post#46 » by Asianiac_24 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:13 am

I would trade our pick, even at #1, for Embiid easily. Embiid is a better prospect than Okafor IMO
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,946

Post#47 » by Foshan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 am

While everyone can be had for a price, I think Hinkie was open to shopping basically the rest of the roster. If you'd like Thompson, Sampson, Sims for a 1st you are quite welcome to them. :)

If your thinking: WTF? Who? Then you must not have drank the juice-box Hinkie sent you in the mail :(
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,941

Post#48 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:47 am

Wow this thread is ridiculous lol. We wouldn't make any of these fantasy trades you guys are dreaming up. Good luck in the lottery. Let the better tank win.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,266

Post#49 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:28 pm

I'm a fan of Hill, but since "most of you" are keen on Embiid how about a Hill+hous 1st for Embiid ?

Draft another big < don't know the draft so don't know who you all want.
Sign either Rondo or Dragic next season < if dragic can be signed? don't know his deal

C: Embiid/top 5 pic/Sacre
PF: Randle/Boozer/E.Davis
SF: Kelly/Wes/Young
SG: Kobe/Young
PG: Rondo/Clarkson/Price

hmm?
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#50 » by Mirjalovic » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:09 pm

no way in the hell Sixers will accept Hill and houston first lol

i will **** take it, but wont happen
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#51 » by Kalidogg24 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Joel Embiid was the better prospect than Okafor.
Hence the word "WAS".

He had reoccurring back issues in college while entering the NBA with a stress fracture.
The exact same injury which ended Yao Ming and Zydrunas Ilgauskas' career.
An plus we already had a center who was dealing with back issues and we all know how that turnt out.

Despite the rumors of him being over 300 pounds and way overweight being false, I couldn't imagine he is anything close to professional basketball shape. An when he does get fully healthy (still a big IF) that's gonna be a huge uphill battle to get back into NBA game ready shape.

Jahlil Okafor has the potential to be a Anthony Davis/Demarcus Cousins hybrid in the NBA.
Where Fullerton,CA. homebred Stanley Johnson has the potential to be the next Lebron. Lol yeah I said it. Or at least another James Harden lol
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#52 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Xepa777 wrote:

to much homerism bro, how can a guy with 3-5 yrs worth ball playing, broken leg, back problems and missing his rookie season due to injury be better then anyone in this draft? Fact that nobody in the top 3 thus far hasn't shown any sort of major injury is already a big plus for them and big negative for Embiid, not saying I don't like his potential but take off the classes bro, his leg injury and back issues could easily derail his development/career.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#53 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:01 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Xepa777 wrote:

to much homerism bro, how can a guy with 3-5 yrs worth ball playing, broken leg, back problems and missing his rookie season due to injury be better then anyone in this draft? Fact that nobody in the top 3 thus far hasn't shown any sort of major injury is already a big plus for them and big negative for Embiid, not saying I don't like his potential but take off the classes bro, his leg injury and back issues could easily derail his development/career.

The idea that Embiid is a better prospect than anyone in this draft is at worst debateable. How can you accuse him of unrealistic homerism when you're the one who thought No. 1 for Embiid AND No. 3 is a real proposal. I mean, I guess if you're comparing it to Hill + HOU 1st but still.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,831

Post#54 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks to all the 76ers fans setting us straight. Y'all are basketball wizards now. The Hinkie Effect.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#55 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:10 pm

BullyKing wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
Xepa777 wrote:

The idea that Embiid is a better prospect than anyone in this draft is at worst debateable. How can you accuse him of unrealistic homerism when you're the one who thought No. 1 for Embiid AND No. 3 is a real proposal. I mean, I guess if you're comparing it to Hill + HOU 1st but still.

maybe because that's been your analystical GM goal all along, to get the #1 pick eventually with all his tanking. Maybe he would want that all cost or maybe he doesn't, and its not "at worst" debatable.....everyone coming into this draft is already better then Embiid for the simple fact they don't have question marks in regard to injury, whenever Embiid actually steps foot on the court and actually shows what he's made off, then everyone is on the same lvl playing field with exception of this new crop who doesn't have any injury concerns. Dude was already having to sit out games due to his back being tired and that's college ball, imagine what the NBA rigors will do to him.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#56 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:11 pm

TyCobb wrote:Thanks to all the 76ers fans setting us straight. Y'all are basketball wizards now. The Hinkie Effect.

I'm assuming your comment is sarcastic which I don't understand considering you also said:

TyCobb wrote:I'd take Embiid over any 2015 draft prospect.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#57 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:13 pm

LApwnd wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

maybe because that's been your analystical GM goal all along, to get the #1 pick eventually with all his tanking. Maybe he would want that all cost or maybe he doesn't, and its not "at worst" debatable.....everyone coming into this draft is already better then Embiid for the simple fact they don't have question marks in regard to injury, whenever Embiid actually steps foot on the court and actually shows what he's made off, then everyone is on the same lvl playing field with exception of this new crop who doesn't have any injury concerns. Dude was already having to sit out games due to his back being tired and that's college ball, imagine what the NBA rigors will do to him.

Alright, we get it, a guy who was injured in college is worse than every other player available in the draft. Well Randle couldn't make it through one half of an NBA game so I guess you'll take a future second round pick for him. It's just like last year with everyone calling Noel injury prone and worthless yet constantly proposing for their team to trade for him.
NYSixersFan wrote:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#58 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:14 pm

BullyKing wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Thanks to all the 76ers fans setting us straight. Y'all are basketball wizards now. The Hinkie Effect.

I'm assuming your comment is sarcastic which I don't understand considering you also said:

The former is sarcastic and the latter is not.

I thought it was amusing when you said to 'have some responsibility fellas'.

Correction: When a Sixers fan said..
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#59 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:16 pm

TyCobb wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

The former is sarcastic and the latter is not.

I thought it was amusing when you said to 'have some responsibility fellas'.

That wasn't me and frankly I didn't understand what that meant. I do think it would be fair to say to those thinking Hill and HOU 1st or No. 1 for Embiid and No. 3 are being crazy unrealistic but I acknowledge that the majority of Lakers fan in this thread aren't in that group.
NYSixersFan wrote:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#60 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 pm

BullyKing wrote:That wasn't me and frankly I didn't understand what that meant. I do think it would be fair to say to those thinking Hill and HOU 1st or No. 1 for Embiid and No. 3 are being crazy unrealistic but I acknowledge that the majority of Lakers fan in this thread aren't in that group.

Yeah, that wasn't you. But that setting the straight wasn't directed specifically to you, just Sixers fans in general.

Last time we had a fanbase come in and set us straight was Suns fans about Dragic and we all know how that turned out.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers