Thank you, Kobe.

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Thank you, Kobe. 

Post#41 » by Slava » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:19 am

Quite honestly there are feelings that I cannot put into words, this is one of them. The biggest thing I've taken from Kobe is to cherish the process as much if not more than the result in anything I try to accomplish in life. That's my life lesson.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#42 » by b shaw20 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 am

Some of you guys are a bit too sensitive when it comes to Kobe. Need to chill a bit.

Are these threads not for debate and difference of opinions? I mentioned appreciation for the majority of his career and I am a hater?

If a hater is someone that's watched over 90% of Kobe's games over a 20 yr span - then I am a hater.

I have paid top dollar to watch clinching Finals games.
Paid big money to see him play in person in well over 10 cities (including center court at staples)
Own numerous jerseys, t shirts, shoes baring his name.
Have multiple Kobe McFarlands up in my sports room.
Read many books about Kobe.
Invested countless hours watching videos, YouTube, interviews, reading print media (and lurking realign) over his entire career.

Yes, I guess I am a hater.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#43 » by EArl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:51 am

Its been a hell of a run. So many great memories from him. He was basically the player I grew up watching since I missed the Jordan years, but boy was it a fun ride. There were times that I hated him for his selfish play, but other times when I was amazed by his game. Kobe might have been a selfish player at times, but one thing that we can be sure is that every time that he was on the court he laid it all out. Never taking breaks and never going easy. He is a player who you could always count on to be at his best when he was needed. He wasn't the fastest, most explosive, most athletic shooting guard, but he was committed to his craft. That is a life lesson that I have taken from him. I would like to thank him for his years of dedication to not only the Lakers, but the game of basketball. Thank You Mamba
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#44 » by Gerald3Wallace » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:03 am

b shaw20 wrote:Some of you guys are a bit too sensitive when it comes to Kobe. Need to chill a bit.

Are these threads not for debate and difference of opinions? I mentioned appreciation for the majority of his career and I am a hater?

If a hater is someone that's watched over 90% of Kobe's games over a 20 yr span - then I am a hater.

Paid big money to see him play in person in well over 10 cities (including center court at staples)
Invested countless hours watching videos, YouTube, interviews, reading print media (and lurking realign) over his entire career.

Hmm... I think it has to do with the fact that this is a Thank You Kobe thread, and you sorta derailed that with somewhat negativity. There's a time and place for that, I just don't think this thread, and it being his last game tomorrow, maybe those comments you made weren't needed.

But thank you to Kobe. My idol. And the reason I loved basketball. My generations Michael Jordan.
Draginho
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#45 » by Draginho » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:44 am

another well-researched article about that stretch in 2013 when kobe played 45+ minutes every single night only to get us in to the playoffs and keep his promise

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15186931/last-true-days-kobe-bryant

also kareem, dr. j, elgin, oscar robertson weigh in on kobe with a lot of respect, great to see former stars appreciate what kobe has done

http://es.pn/23DlFhr
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#46 » by Mirjalovic » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:48 am

b shaw20 wrote:Some of you guys are a bit too sensitive when it comes to Kobe. Need to chill a bit.

picture or didn't happen.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#47 » by TyCobb » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:24 am

Happy Kobe Day everyone
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#48 » by PKABOOICU » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Kobe Bryant is the 2nd greatest player of all time, only behind MJ.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,347

Post#49 » by Ckay » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Thank you for 2K17, Kobe!
ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Post#50 » by ryanpuge » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Wade fan here!

Thanks Kobe!!!
Mad respect for a legend and a competitor!!!
As an old school guy - I will truly miss your game!!
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#51 » by BahamaBull » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Laker fans!

Congrats for having one of the best players of all time for 20 years rocking purple and gold...I was at the MSG when he scored 61 against the Knicks and I will never forget that moment.

Kobe is one of the all time greats and he will be missed!

Lets all cherish his last game.

Thank you Mamba!
G-Mamba
Junior
And1: 475

Post#52 » by G-Mamba » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:08 pm

A sad day for me as my favorite athlete is going retire tonight! I still remember the time he scored 81 on my Raptors just before he outscored the mavericks in 3 quarters. Every time i watched him play, he made me fall in love with the game of basketball more. It was pleasure to watch him play. Thank you Kobe Bryant. Here is my tribute video to the Black mamba.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OYGNYO1PKM
Renzo
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#53 » by Renzo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:34 pm

One of the last old school alpha dogs in the game. He should have played in the 80s or 90s. A true basketball legend!
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#54 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Semi-OT:

Do you guys know the quote he told DLO about being comitted in the games by watching tapes and not having work-life balance.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#55 » by Beethoven » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:21 pm

KOBE THE BEST

Will miss you
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#56 » by SashaTheMachine » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:15 pm

a pretty cool ad!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYz0I5dE_A[/youtube]
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#57 » by TyCobb » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:17 pm

This entire thing is 100% for the free agents this summer. :laugh:

Soak it in Kobe!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#58 » by gts1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Festivities are supposed to start at 5:30 pm PDT on Time Warner, Game time is the usual 7:30 pm

For you jersey hounds out there, history of Kobe jerseys
http://www.nba.com/lakers/kobejerseys?cid=fb#gridPage
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#59 » by TheHartBreakKid » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,980

Post#60 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:33 pm

Definitely had my beefs with Kobe over the years. But more than anything, I just appreciate the blood, sweat and tears he put into this thing for so many, many years. You can't possibly give more to a franchise than he did from an effort standpoint. More than anything else, I appreciate that drive and dedication, and all the fruits we enjoyed from that as fans.

Also, anything less than 30 shots tonight and I will be mortally disappointed. Go out the same way you came in, man...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers