Someone give that cook a Netflix show.

Read on Twitter
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1802 » by hermes » Tue May 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Danny Darko wrote:welp talked to public enemy, cypress hill, Mad Lib, and Green Day today about playing the studio streaming concerts. who in southern cali should I reach out to since things are going this well?

how about katy perry or taylor swift?
hermes
RealGM

Post#1803 » by hermes » Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 pm

Slava wrote:Someone give that cook a Netflix show.

Read on Twitter

what the heck?

the cook is obviously just joking/messing around but he must also want to get in a fight over it???

i'm baffled by this
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1804 » by Kilroy » Wed May 13, 2020 1:29 am

Waffle House guy and BF are either friends from way back or closet lovers and the whole thing is a big practical joke on the chick... I think BF is hoping she'll run away.

No way you or I goes into a Waffle House, gets into a physical altercation with the cook and don't end up in the back of a squad car.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1805 » by Kilroy » Wed May 13, 2020 1:37 am

Been trying since the lockdown to get a picture of this one Oriole that visits my back yard every day... He always flies away as soon as I get the camera right... I've gone from my cell phone to an actual camera, from a regular lens to a telephoto... I've gotten it all dialed in and put it on a tripod to wait... It doesn't matter... Little yellow **** still moves as I'm about to click the shot...
It was funny at first... Now I'm about to go from a telephoto lens to a 20 gauge...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#1806 » by stan francisco » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 am

Danny Darko wrote:welp talked to public enemy, cypress hill, Mad Lib, and Green Day today about playing the studio streaming concerts. who in southern cali should I reach out to since things are going this well?

Seek out the people whose music you admire, don’t be lead astray by the fame part if the music doesn’t entice you. Chances are it’ll be a natural two way street respect if you do. That’s the long term plan. Easy come can be short term if you’re not careful. Having said that, hit up everybody that you respect.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
hermes
RealGM

Post#1807 » by hermes » Wed May 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Kilroy wrote:Been trying since the lockdown to get a picture of this one Oriole that visits my back yard every day... He always flies away as soon as I get the camera right... I've gone from my cell phone to an actual camera, from a regular lens to a telephoto... I've gotten it all dialed in and put it on a tripod to wait... It doesn't matter... Little yellow **** still moves as I'm about to click the shot...
It was funny at first... Now I'm about to go from a telephoto lens to a 20 gauge...

maybe a motion activated camera? like those deer trail cams
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1808 » by Landsberger » Fri May 15, 2020 5:09 am

Well... somewhere along the way I was exposed to COVID! I work mostly from home and have been mostly at home since this craziness started.... I found out today that I have the antibodies after a blood test associated with a Physical I had on Monday. My physician asked if I remember feeling sick in the last 3 months... I don't. He just looked at me and said "can I send these results to the CDC?" Then he said... never mind. I HAVE to send these to the CDC. The Wife will be getting her blood drawn tomorrow.

Oh... and I also found out I need cut back a little on the BBQ... Cholesterol was up a bit too...
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1809 » by tugs » Fri May 15, 2020 8:42 am

Damn. Take care man. Praying for good health for you and the family
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1810 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 15, 2020 6:50 pm

Be safe
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#1811 » by Landsberger » Sat May 16, 2020 2:41 am

Not a problem guys.... apparently to get antibodies you have to have been exposed a while ago. I'm one of the asymptomatic masses it seems. Wife's test will be back over the weekend.

The Dr. says he's seen dozens like me who have antibodies but have never had symptoms.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,403

Post#1812 » by Danny Darko » Sat May 16, 2020 6:20 am

Kilroy wrote:

Rage against the machine might fit? Fishbone? Not sure if it fits but the Circle jerks were supposed to be touring right now...

Actually planning to talk to Tom Morello's about Rage, my partner has worked with him and has his digits.
Fishbone is a fantastic idea and we have mutual friends!
CJ scares me a little just like all punk bands do even if they are old and more mellow these days haha.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1813 » by Danny Darko » Sat May 16, 2020 6:24 am

Landsberger wrote:Well... somewhere along the way I was exposed to COVID! I work mostly from home and have been mostly at home since this craziness started.... I found out today that I have the antibodies after a blood test associated with a Physical I had on Monday. My physician asked if I remember feeling sick in the last 3 months... I don't. He just looked at me and said "can I send these results to the CDC?" Then he said... never mind. I HAVE to send these to the CDC. The Wife will be getting her blood drawn tomorrow.

Oh... and I also found out I need cut back a little on the BBQ... Cholesterol was up a bit too...

wow covid and logical argument antibodies! we should get half of this board checked asap! :D

seriously though cool you got that news. Are you like licking every doorknob? They should open up bars with a antibody id... like if your 14 and immune... cool you can drink, but if you're 50 and don't have antibodies get the hell out.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1814 » by Danny Darko » Sat May 16, 2020 6:37 am

Kilroy wrote:Been trying since the lockdown to get a picture of this one Oriole that visits my back yard every day... He always flies away as soon as I get the camera right... I've gone from my cell phone to an actual camera, from a regular lens to a telephoto... I've gotten it all dialed in and put it on a tripod to wait... It doesn't matter... Little yellow **** still moves as I'm about to click the shot...

omg are you going to **** your oriole?

can I watch?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1815 » by Danny Darko » Sat May 16, 2020 6:43 am

also we teamed up with a star wars vfx guy for these shows... man i think we could reinvent concerts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1816 » by Kilroy » Sat May 16, 2020 7:00 am

Danny Darko wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Rage against the machine might fit? Fishbone? Not sure if it fits but the Circle jerks were supposed to be touring right now...

Actually planning to talk to Tom Morello's about Rage, my partner has worked with him and has his digits.
Fishbone is a fantastic idea and we have mutual friends!
CJ scares me a little just like all punk bands do even if they are old and more mellow these days haha.

Keith Morris from CJ is actually a really interesting guy. He's pretty intense but really humble and a poet. I would imagine he and Billy Joe know each other and have talked... They would seem to be spiritual doppelgangers... Which is why I mentioned them along with the fact that they haven't played in years and I just found out they were supposed to start a tour in March. So I figured they'd probably be up to play... But I get that it's maybe an odd fit.

I saw Fishbone a couple years ago and they still **** rock... I saw them live in '87, '94 and 2018... Maybe they lost a step, but they were already way more energy than the next closest band, so I couldn't tell. And they're back together with the original lineup. So that would be fun.

In any case, congratulations on your continued success in the industry... I've poked my head in it from time to time in various minor ways... Always strikes me as a tough world to stay sane in... BS seems to pile up fast... It's a good thing you're tall. 8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1817 » by Kilroy » Sat May 16, 2020 7:02 am

Danny Darko wrote:

omg are you going to **** your oriole?

can I watch?

If I ever catch that ****, I'm not sure what I'll do... I swear, since I posted that I've had at least a dozen more sightings and near misses... What's worse, is he has a girlfriend, and there's at least one other female that visits as well... Can't catch any of them on film.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#1818 » by Landsberger » Sat May 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Landsberger wrote:Well... somewhere along the way I was exposed to COVID! I work mostly from home and have been mostly at home since this craziness started.... I found out today that I have the antibodies after a blood test associated with a Physical I had on Monday. My physician asked if I remember feeling sick in the last 3 months... I don't. He just looked at me and said "can I send these results to the CDC?" Then he said... never mind. I HAVE to send these to the CDC. The Wife will be getting her blood drawn tomorrow.

wow covid and logical argument antibodies! we should get half of this board checked asap! :D

seriously though cool you got that news. Are you like licking every doorknob? They should open up bars with a antibody id... like if your 14 and immune... cool you can drink, but if you're 50 and don't have antibodies get the hell out.

This Physician group has about 600 regular patients and he told me that I was the 20th person they've seen in 3 months that had antibodies and no symptoms.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1819 » by Danny Darko » Thu May 21, 2020 4:51 am

hermes wrote:

Long story but one of those ladies doesn't like me much and the other doesn't like my partner very much. Nothing to do with romance to be clear.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#1820 » by Slava » Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 am

Danny Darko wrote:
hermes wrote:

Long story but one of those ladies doesn't like me much and the other doesn't like my partner very much. Nothing to do with romance to be clear.

Lockdown has given us story time DD back! This seems too interesting to drop and not share more. :D
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers