ImageImageImageImageImage

Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve

Moderators: Kilroy, Danny Darko, TyCobb

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,585
And1: 30,652
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1921 » by Slava » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:50 am

Sofa King wrote:Wheres the new thread? I waited years for this to come to an end.


Apparently its rigged. :-?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 86,094
And1: 22,450
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1922 » by hermes » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:29 pm

need some more activity to push this to the finish line
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,585
And1: 30,652
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1923 » by Slava » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:28 pm

hermes wrote:need some more activity to push this to the finish line


What's been up at your end hermes? Still working for the government?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 86,094
And1: 22,450
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1924 » by hermes » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:43 pm

Slava wrote:
hermes wrote:need some more activity to push this to the finish line


What's been up at your end hermes? Still working for the government?

nothing much, working from home has been nice. i actually have more time in the day now since i don't have a commute anymore. not that i've been doing much with it but its nice to have anyway

yep, still working for the government.
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 86,094
And1: 22,450
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1925 » by hermes » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 pm

what are you up to nowadays slava?
User avatar
Sofa King
RealGM
Posts: 19,300
And1: 2,978
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1926 » by Sofa King » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:30 am

Slava wrote:
Sofa King wrote:Wheres the new thread? I waited years for this to come to an end.


Apparently its rigged. :-?


Shucks. I'll see you all in another 4 years...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,585
And1: 30,652
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1927 » by Slava » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 am

hermes wrote:what are you up to nowadays slava?


The virus here is relatively better managed here than in the US thanks to contact tracing and 24 hour turnaround in rapid testing so there is some semblance of normalcy in terms of making it to work for some meetings and just being elsewhere instead of working from home all the while.

I have a PhD deadline coming up so I’ve pretty much been in work mode most of the time, I’ll be glad to be done with it and I have a postdoctoral contract lined up as well so it’s not too bad considering others circumstances.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 14,476
And1: 2,089
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1928 » by tugs » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:09 am

Damn we got a doctor in the fam! Go Slav!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,585
And1: 30,652
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1929 » by Slava » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:14 am

tugs wrote:Damn we got a doctor in the fam! Go Slav!


I think we already have Dr. Aki.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 86,094
And1: 22,450
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1930 » by hermes » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:09 pm

did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 14,476
And1: 2,089
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1931 » by tugs » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:58 am

Slava wrote:
tugs wrote:Damn we got a doctor in the fam! Go Slav!


I think we already have Dr. Aki.
O my bad let me just rephrase

"Damn we got another doctor in the fam!"
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 14,476
And1: 2,089
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1932 » by tugs » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:00 am

That would've been quite the experience. Sorry herm.

Me and the missus usually spend our anniversaries in Boracay
hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time
User avatar
Sofa King
RealGM
Posts: 19,300
And1: 2,978
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1933 » by Sofa King » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:39 am

hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time

I thought RealGM is your vacay
User avatar
Sofa King
RealGM
Posts: 19,300
And1: 2,978
Joined: Jul 27, 2003
Contact:
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1934 » by Sofa King » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:39 am

tugs wrote:That would've been quite the experience. Sorry herm.

Me and the missus usually spend our anniversaries in Boracay
hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time


I still remember you had posts about getting married
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,585
And1: 30,652
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1935 » by Slava » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:48 am

hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time


I was planning to go the alps for some hiking but flying on a plane in the summer seemed like the dumbest thing to do.

Vegas during Christmas is lovely if you're single and can't/won't visit your family.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
User avatar
tugs
RealGM
Posts: 14,476
And1: 2,089
Joined: Jul 22, 2010

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1936 » by tugs » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:22 am

Sofa King wrote:
tugs wrote:That would've been quite the experience. Sorry herm.

Me and the missus usually spend our anniversaries in Boracay
hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time


I still remember you had posts about getting married
Haha just celebrated our 6th anniversary. Time flies!
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 86,094
And1: 22,450
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1937 » by hermes » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Sofa King wrote:
hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time

I thought RealGM is your vacay

i'm here all the time, this is like my second house
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 86,094
And1: 22,450
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1938 » by hermes » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Slava wrote:
hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time


I was planning to go the alps for some hiking but flying on a plane in the summer seemed like the dumbest thing to do.

Vegas during Christmas is lovely if you're single and can't/won't visit your family.

i suppose vegas in the winter would be a lot nicer than minnesota in the winter but if its not safe enough to visit my parents then its probably not safe enough to travel to vegas

i usually vacation alone but this time i was going with a group of friends, vegas seems like it would be more enjoyable with a group than alone
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 58,585
And1: 30,652
Joined: Oct 15, 2006
Location: København
     

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1939 » by Slava » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:15 pm

hermes wrote:
Slava wrote:
hermes wrote:did anyone have any vacation plans interrupted this year?

i was going to vegas for the first time


I was planning to go the alps for some hiking but flying on a plane in the summer seemed like the dumbest thing to do.

Vegas during Christmas is lovely if you're single and can't/won't visit your family.

i suppose vegas in the winter would be a lot nicer than minnesota in the winter but if its not safe enough to visit my parents then its probably not safe enough to travel to vegas

i usually vacation alone but this time i was going with a group of friends, vegas seems like it would be more enjoyable with a group than alone


Depends on what you hope to do in Vegas. If you're into gambling, you could have a great time going there by yourself. If you want to do the clubs, bars and buffets, visit a few sights nearby, a group of friends would be nice. If you're into shows and shopping, go with a girlfriend/sister/mom etc.

I'd highly recommend going to the old downtown away from the strip. It has a bit more character than the in your face commerciality of the strip.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 86,094
And1: 22,450
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe
 

Re: Community Thread LXI: The President We Deserve 

Post#1940 » by hermes » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:25 pm

eh, i don't mind the commercial aspects. i'm a touristy tourist. i don't care about living like the locals when i'm on vacation. i like seeing the sights and historical stuff (hoover dam was on my to-do list).

i don't drink, gamble, or party but i'm sure i'll have a good time either way

Return to Los Angeles Lakers