ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Warriors @ Lakers Nov. 4 - 7:30 PST - ESPN

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: GT: Warriors @ Lakers Nov. 4 - 7:30 PST - ESPN 

Post#481 » by dipstick » Sat Nov 5, 2016 6:22 am

Kilroy wrote:In the grand scheme of things, this win isn't all that important, but as a building block for the future, it may have some meaning... I hate to sound like a cliche, but I honestly think how this team reacts for next game is more important now... We just raised the pressure level for themselves. It's now time to string some wins together.

On another note, I miss great color men like Chick sow bad right now... These guys suck so bad right now.

The win may actually be big in terms of how this season ends up. The team now has a psychological edge going into the next 6 games where the opponents have been struggling to get wins. Hopefully Lakers can win at least 4 of the next 6 and establish themselves as contenders.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Post#482 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Nov 5, 2016 6:40 am

dipstick wrote:
Kilroy wrote:In the grand scheme of things, this win isn't all that important, but as a building block for the future, it may have some meaning... I hate to sound like a cliche, but I honestly think how this team reacts for next game is more important now... We just raised the pressure level for themselves. It's now time to string some wins together.

On another note, I miss great color men like Chick sow bad right now... These guys suck so bad right now.

The win may actually be big in terms of how this season ends up. The team now has a psychological edge going into the next 6 games where the opponents have been struggling to get wins. Hopefully Lakers can win at least 4 of the next 6 and establish themselves as contenders.

Just remember, it's a young team. Beware raising expectations too high cause of a win or two. And let's be fair for a second...Klay and Steph were 2-20 from the 3. Curry had his first game in forever without a 3-pointer. They were off an emotional game themselves last night.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#483 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Nov 5, 2016 6:46 am

But man what a great win! We just attacked and attacked some more. It was just falling tonight. And we had great movement.

I gotta say...I really like the whole team. The starters are getting it done, and the bench is too. I mean, you throw in Clarkson, Nance, Ingram, Lou, and Black...and it really doesn't feel like your missing talent. We are a seriously deep team when guys are firing like they did tonight.

I can't complain about a single guy's performance. That was just 10-deep B-Ball at it's best. Awesome.

I thought it was great to see Ingram stay out there the entire 4th (or damn near). And I also think it was an added bonus that GS started getting hot, and crawled back to within 6. We had to knock them back down....and we EARNED that 20-point win.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,393

Post#484 » by Ckay » Sat Nov 5, 2016 6:52 am

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#485 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Nov 5, 2016 7:01 am

Nice....that video was great. Good stuff.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#486 » by SashAlex » Sat Nov 5, 2016 7:22 am

Ahahahaha! Didn't expect this waking up checking the game time app.
Clearly the Warriors were on a back to back but this doesn't take anything away from our guys.

Two solid wins in a row. Let's keep it rolling, baby!
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#487 » by chefy » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:09 am

gts1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

we're the warrior's charlotte bobcats.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#488 » by Wavy Q » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:20 am

i just wish the conversation would be about how good the team looked instead of how **** the Warriors looked, thats literally all anyone will talk about that isn't a Laker fan.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#489 » by Danny Darko » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:25 am

i like the throwback jerseys.

Also, i sense due to throwback jerseys we should be on Magic Johnson says something ridiculous watch. "Clearly our old jerseys inspired these young pups"
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#490 » by TKainZero » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:35 am

Lakers beat the juggernaut, mozgov and deng suck, young guys dominate.

This team has real players on it

Goodbye 2017 draft pick
Hellos 30-35 wins

3 years Fromm now, lakers gonna be huge
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#491 » by BEazy » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:40 am

It's weird how all these haters are starting to like us now.

Please go back to hating us. We don't need your support.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#492 » by tugs » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:57 am

Since the start of the season, we've been looking for the player to take over during clutch time. Sample size is small but I do think, believe it or not, that Lou Williams is the one. Yeah eventually one of the young core will take over but for now, we can ride the hot hand, and that is Lou.

Clarkson looks more comfortable now. He's hoisting shots he usually makes. He just needs to become efficient now with few touches, unlike before when he gets his rhythm by having the ball most of the time.

Russell's impact was not reflected on the boxscore. He's finally starting to balance when to facilitate and score. Kid is so calm and collected now.

Randle is the same. Not out of control anymore and has this controlled aggression working for him. Clunked shots but those were against multiple defenders. He'll make those eventually or learn how to fish fouls.

Nance for me is still too passive on the perimeter. Though I can't fault anyone who puts the team first before his numbers.

Black has been aggressive. He's been bullying anyone on the paint whenever he gets the opportunity. The offensive foul on Durant was a flop and I hope Black continues to be aggressive.

Ingram is looking like his Duke version. Loving his off the dribble moves. As he gains experience and strength, those drives will be automatic points.

The vets were solid. Mozgov were going after rebounds and tapping to teammates. Deng had some nice dishes but I don't want him to operate from the top of the key anymore. Seems like he'll lose the ball everytime. Young is playing with a lot of emotion and I like it. He's so focused on defense right now that you can't get mad if he goes on Swaggy P mode and take 2K type shots. He's also been getting a lot of cleaner looks from 3 by moving off the ball.

And Luke Walton's rotations has been so smooth. He just knows who to go with who. Time outs were also on point. X and Os are also impressive as you can see everyone has been buying into the system and believes in him.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Gentlemen (and some ladies if you're still active), future looks bright we gotta wear sunglasses. B-)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#493 » by Danny Darko » Sat Nov 5, 2016 9:05 am

A couple statistical observations:

1. min definitely followed player success in this game for the Lakeshow-
Nance 30 min
Randle 30 min
Clarkson 29
Ingram 27
Lou 26
Russell 22

Black, Mozgov combined 30 (didn't look great, Luke found ways to make Nance and Randle work instead).
Deng- missing wide open shots not playing team system offense and not killing it on D got 19 min... 8 less than Ingram who lead the team in +/-

2. Ingram is shooting like hell but consistently has a pretty legit +/- rating. That is awesome because he's influencing games and there is no way in hell he keeps missing open shots. His aggression tonight was something that didn't happen for D'Angelo for more than half his first season.

3. Clarkson is imo not playing great right now, but he did have 5 assists (most in this game for LA) which shocks me because he missed a ton of wide open guys to shoot the kind of contested crap I think of as Lou Williamson shots minus the ability to draw fouls or hit circus shots. I anticipate Clarkson will find his way again this year and I will guess that when he does he might have a 25 and 10 kind of aptitude on a few nights.

4.Nance has a knack for not missing shots when he's on.
6-6 shooting for 12 points with with 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, and 0 turnovers. Holy crap that's a good stat line and since summer league he's had a several games where he was perfect or almost perfect shooting. His championship caliber "it" factor reminds me of Horry and I hope we keep him, because this is the kind of guy Phil and Pop always seemed to prioritize finding and locking up.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#494 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Nov 5, 2016 9:48 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:It's weird how all these haters are starting to like us now.

Please go back to hating us. We don't need your support.

and its funny few years ago when the Warriors still on the rising, they cheer them up to beat us.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#495 » by Spanish_Laker » Sat Nov 5, 2016 12:44 pm

Great win, I didn't expect that. Props to the young core.

Keep this up, let's get the W on next game!
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
meetbishop
Sophomore
And1: 60

Re: RE: Re: GT: Warriors @ Lakers Nov. 4 - 7:30 PST - ESPN 

Post#496 » by meetbishop » Sat Nov 5, 2016 1:46 pm

True. How they play in the next 3 games is very crucial. That will determine if we have a winning culture going.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#497 » by ak7 » Sat Nov 5, 2016 2:00 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Another win for growth. Everybody gonna go with the " it was a back to back", that's true and truth be told this was probably a schedule win but bottom line you still have to play the game. Our bench won us the game, getting 61 from there is insane but we have guys that can get buckets from the bench.

Looking forward to Phoenix now.

No offense, but anybody saying it was a schedule win can take that and shove it. The Warriors starters played barely 30 minutes against OKC in a game that was decided in the 2nd quarter. Then they drove a couple hours down the coast to the Staples Center and got their asses kicked, plain and simple. They didn't even leave the State of California.

The young kids kicked the Warriors ass, and frankly if teams learn to jump on the Warriors, night's like last night are going to happen a bit more frequently. The Warriors are soft.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,557

Post#498 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 5, 2016 2:03 pm

Nice.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,468

Post#499 » by Slava » Sat Nov 5, 2016 2:27 pm

Lou Will might be the best closer in the game right now. The way Walton turned him and Young around into positives should get him an honorable mention for coach of the year if they keep it up.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
dirtymike
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#500 » by dirtymike » Sat Nov 5, 2016 4:01 pm

Coaching was a big problem last year. Convincing Clarkson to come off the bench is HUGE! Nick in starting line up was scary...but it's working! When Lou Will, Clarkson, Ingram, and Black come off the bench, we get lit!!! GREAT WIN!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Plan B: Make Plan A work- Dirty Mike

Return to Los Angeles Lakers