Around the NBA VIII

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,462

Re: Around the NBA VIII 

Post#1941 » by Slava » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:29 pm

D'Lo will be an all star. Making the all star game in the east as a guard is like the special olympics anyways, all the good ones are in the west where guys like Lillard are borderline McCollum is not even in range.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,711

Post#1942 » by dockingsched » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm

DLo continues to impress with how in control he is in terms of attacking or creating for others. Good balance. He seems to be really comfortable out there. I don’t think that mindset happens here, so whatever success he has going for forward, i think a lot of it is due to the new environment.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#1943 » by chefy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 pm

aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#1944 » by aaron_gray » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Slava wrote:D'Lo will be an all star. Making the all star game in the east as a guard is like the special olympics anyways, all the good ones are in the west where guys like Lillard are borderline McCollum is not even in range.

Do you mean this year or in the future?

This year: Wall, Beal, Derozan, Lowry, Kyrie, Kemba and Dragic are all still in the East. Honestly, I'd expect Schroeder to make an all-star game before D'Lo does.
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1945 » by Slava » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:50 pm

aaron_gray wrote:
Slava wrote:D'Lo will be an all star. Making the all star game in the east as a guard is like the special olympics anyways, all the good ones are in the west where guys like Lillard are borderline McCollum is not even in range.

This year: Wall, Beal, Derozan, Lowry, Kyrie, Kemba and Dragic are all still in the East. Honestly, I'd expect Schroeder to make an all-star game before D'Lo does.

Schroeder is on the verge of being found out but yes I meant in the near future.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,516

Post#1946 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:11 pm

aaron_gray wrote:

Dragic and Shroeder aren't that good, and Russell could easily end up having a better season than either. If one of the first six you mentioned goes down injured it leaves a spot open.

Obviously Russell wouldn't make the All Star game in the West but it would be quite ironic if he made it as an All Star in the East with the game being in LA. Especially after Jeannie's comment that it would break her heart if the Lakers didn't have an All Star at the game this year.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1947 » by Slava » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
aaron_gray wrote:

Dragic and Shroeder aren't that good, and Russell could easily end up having a better season than either. If one of the first six you mentioned goes down injured it leaves a spot open.

Dragic is ridiculously good. I doubt a prime DAngelo could be at that level.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,823

Post#1948 » by TyCobb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 pm

I haven't seen any Russell. Did he improve physically?
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#1949 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Ugh I guess we have completely different opinions on Dragic. He's a nice player but I definitely would not term him, ridiculously good.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#1950 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 pm

TyCobb wrote:I haven't seen any Russell. Did he improve physically?

He's been scoring half his points on drives to the rim this year.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1951 » by Slava » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:Ugh I guess we have completely different opinions on Dragic. He's a nice player but I definitely would not term him, ridiculously good.

Just physically he's phenomenal, amazing foot speed, ability to go end to end and finish well and shot 40% from 3 last season, 36% overall for his career. He happened to be stuck in some terrible situations in Houston, Phoenix and a year next to an over the hill Wade. Otherwise there's a reason Pat Riley traded two firsts for him and offered him an $80M deal.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,972

Post#1952 » by Landsberger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Slava wrote:Most straight forward trade request yet?

Read on Twitter

Is this a guy we want? This isn't what I'd call a supportive behavior. What doesn't he like? Losing. Being on a young team that has no shot? Does any of his malcontent get better here?

I don't know the history of his wanting out so I have no clue why he's so unhappy.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1953 » by Slava » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Landsberger wrote:

Read on Twitter

Is this a guy we want? This isn't what I'd call a supportive behavior. What doesn't he like? Losing. Being on a young team that has no shot? Does any of his malcontent get better here?

I don't know the history of his wanting out so I have no clue why he's so unhappy.

If we didn't have KCP I'd have suggested going for him, when motivated an amazing defender at both guard spots plus a Rich Paul client. Now we can't keep both happy and I think he wants to be some place where he has a meaningful chance to compete anyways.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1954 » by Slava » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Landsberger wrote:

Read on Twitter

If we didn't have KCP I'd have suggested going for him, when motivated an amazing defender at both guard spots plus a Rich Paul client. Now we can't keep both happy and I think he wants to be some place where he has a meaningful chance to compete anyways.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#1955 » by chefy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:01 pm

russell was never gonna reach his full potential here anyway. just wish magic waited a lil longer for better offers or at least gave dlo and ball combo a shot.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#1956 » by Ball so hard » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Crooked-I wrote:I thought now that D'lo is off the team Landsberger would get off D'lo's nuts, but nope he's still on them. I think he's secretly obsessed with him just doesn't want to admit it. Even still watching him play lol.

Lol, looks like someone got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#1957 » by Ball so hard » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:21 pm

dockingsched wrote:DLo continues to impress with how in control he is in terms of attacking or creating for others. Good balance. He seems to be really comfortable out there. I don’t think that mindset happens here, so whatever success he has going for forward, i think a lot of it is due to the new environment.

I think coaching is definitely a factor. Atkinson is developing a reputation as a coach who is excellent when it comes to player development.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,412

Post#1958 » by Danny Darko » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Sarver needs to sell that team to someone in Seattle and end the slum lording
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 490

Post#1959 » by Showtime:Part2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:02 am

Love how people are blaming the environment. Like New York City is some sleepy town. It's your standard third year breakout and being able to play 30mpg (luke is allergic to normal NBA rotations). That's it. That's really it. Any fool could have seen this coming except idiot in chief magic Johnson.

If you saw the way Alford helped ball at ucla, and can't see how dlo would compliment ball, I don't know what to say

Also if it is the team environment not the city environment, why aren't we calling for Luke's head? He can't institute any form of team defense, has not shown any aptitude for clever half court sets (esp stuff we can run in crunch time), and has some of the worst rotations in the NBA
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Hank7
Junior
And1: 68

Post#1960 » by Hank7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:07 am

Ball so hard wrote:
dockingsched wrote:DLo continues to impress with how in control he is in terms of attacking or creating for others. Good balance. He seems to be really comfortable out there. I don’t think that mindset happens here, so whatever success he has going for forward, i think a lot of it is due to the new environment.

I think coaching is definitely a factor. Atkinson is developing a reputation as a coach who is excellent when it comes to player development.

Can't agree more with the both of you. Atkinson has got those guys buying into team ball and defense. They've got some nice pieces in Russell, Hollis-Jefferson, LeVert, Crabbe, and Allen. Russell has benefited by their culture of unselfish play and a focus on defense. I look for the Nets to do well.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers