ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe...

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe... 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Last one:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1440199

Literally the only Rob Lowe picture I felt 'comfortable' posting... :o
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Re: Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe... 

Post#2 » by ALL HAIL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Maybe more easily digestible ...

Paul George for Randle and HOU first.

Monta Ellis and Al Jefferson for Clarkson, Black, and Mozgov

Shop Ellis. The idea is that moving Ellis' contract will be easier than moving that of Mozgov's.

You're sacrificing Clarkson to move from under one bad deal (Mozgov) to enter into another, less bad, deal (Ellis).

... And you get George for, what was essentially, Lou Williams and Randle.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#3 » by Pointgod » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:46 am

ALL HAIL wrote:Maybe more easily digestible ...

Shop Ellis. The idea is that moving Ellis' contract will be easier than moving that of Mozgov's.

You're sacrificing Clarkson to move from under one bad deal (Mozgov) to enter into another, less bad, deal (Ellis).

Man if this is all it takes to get George and he signs an extension how could you not make this trade?
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#4 » by RingsDontLie » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:00 am

Yes, great for LA, but not that fair. I'd give Bird an offer he couldn't refuse: Zubac, Randle, top 3 pick, and Deng. He takes it or we walk. I don't think anyone could match that offer. Promising young center, solid Forward, and if they get Fultz or Ball...that's a nice young core moving forward to say the least. Then they just amnesty Deng.

It's about as fair of a trade as you can get I think.
MrWaffles
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#5 » by MrWaffles » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:57 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:

Yes, great for LA, but not that fair. I'd give Bird an offer he couldn't refuse: Zubac, Randle, top 3 pick, and Deng. He takes it or we walk. I don't think anyone could match that offer. Promising young center, solid Forward, and if they get Fultz or Ball...that's a nice young core moving forward to say the least. Then they just amnesty Deng.

Trading a top 3 pick for an expiring contract... IMAGINE DOING THAT.

You folks need to start using some brain here, there is no point in trading for PG one year early. No point at all.

Now, lets talk some logical trades shall we?

Deng + Clarkson +2017 2nd to Wolves for Jordan Hill.

Randle + Mozgov + Rockets 1st + 2019 Denver 2nd to the Nets for Joe Harris. We'all then waive him.

Clear our cap space for PG and Cousins in 2018 and call it a day. If we keep our pick, trade it for Jimmy Buckets.

Russell
Butler
PG
Nance
Cousins
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#6 » by larry14r » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:43 pm

MrWaffles wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:

You folks need to start using some brain here, there is no point in trading for PG one year early. No point at all.

Randle + Mozgov + Rockets 1st + 2019 Denver 2nd to the Nets for Joe Harris. We'all then waive him.

Clear our cap space for PG and Cousins in 2018 and call it a day. If we keep our pick, trade it for Jimmy Buckets.

Russell
Butler
PG
Nance
Cousins

Yeah I think the Butler thing won't happen because we can't have three guys taking up $80 mil of our cap and no other improvement made. Also we'll still behind SA and GS still.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#7 » by Princeinrevolt » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:41 pm

MrWaffles wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:

Russell
Butler
PG
Nance
Cousins

No thanks on Cousins, but I agree with what you're saying. Why the hell would we trade anything valuable for Paul George, that is just plain dumb. The most i'd trade for him is either Clarkson or Randle w/out a first round pick.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by ALL HAIL » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:56 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:

Go look up the word "leverage".

If reports are true that he wants LA, the Lakers have almost all it (the leverage).

The reality is that somewhere between the people who say "never trade young assets for an expiring" and those that say "get a star now", there lies the very happy median of trading Randle and a (low) first round pick.

If George really wants to be here, it's smart as hell to give up very "minimal" assets for him.

If I'm Indiana, and I mean this with complete objectivity, I'd happily take that Randle deal, teach him to shoot and watch him become a twenty/ten guy. Randle and Turner are made for each other, and Teague is the damn near perfect type of passive veteran player who will give Randle and Turner the ego space to do their thing.

If reports are true, George won't make it past the draft.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#9 » by Pythagoras » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:43 pm

MrWaffles wrote:Trading a top 3 pick for an expiring contract... IMAGINE DOING THAT.

Russell
Butler
PG
Nance
Cousins

Jeez, I thought the failures of the last front office had taught us something. Jettisoning all of assets for cap space in anticipation of all of the best young players in the league coming here is lame. The same assumptions that people are making about Paul George becoming a Laker were made about Love and RW, and we see how those worked out. Trading Randle to just dump salary in particular, is plain bad.

If this new FO is going to get our Lakers back on top, it's going to take some forward thinking and creative moves. Sitting around and waiting for talent to fall in our lap is something anybody could do.
Numbers rule the universe.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#10 » by TylersLakers » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:49 pm

If we ever gave away Randle and a 1st round pick for cap space before agreements were ever made on these supposed trades.. I'd be furious.

Now, if we had verbal agreements on George and Cousins and we needed to clear the cap space, then absolutely. But to make that deal a year before they actually become free agents would be horrendous.

I'll offer a different, more realistic trade for this off-season. Clarkson, 2017 Houston pick for Danny Green and a lottery protected 2018 1st round pick.

Trades Clarkson for a defender who can space the floor. Clarkson goes to his hometown and under Popovich, thrives in a Manu Ginobili type role off the bench.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#11 » by iamworthy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:01 am

I typically don't do the imaginary trade scenarios but can someone tell me how much value a top 3 pick has in the nba today. Would the number 2 pick and Jordan Clarkson get us Jimmy Butler?
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#12 » by Pythagoras » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 am

TylersLakers wrote:If we ever gave away Randle and a 1st round pick for cap space before agreements were ever made on these supposed trades.. I'd be furious.

Now, if we had verbal agreements on George and Cousins and we needed to clear the cap space, then absolutely. But to make that deal a year before they actually become free agents would be horrendous.

I'll offer a different, more realistic trade for this off-season. Clarkson, 2017 Houston pick for Danny Green and a lottery protected 2018 1st round pick.

Trades Clarkson for a defender who can space the floor. Clarkson goes to his hometown and under Popovich, thrives in a Manu Ginobili type role off the bench.

'Points to eyes'

You and me... We're here. If in the off-season of 17-18 we have multiple superstar free agents telling us they want to sign here, then yeah, it's time to make moves. Until that actually happens, let's deal in reality, and your trade proposal is an excellent step in that direction. Danny Green is exactly the type of player that this team should be targeting.
Numbers rule the universe.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:17 am

iamworthy wrote:I typically don't do the imaginary trade scenarios but can someone tell me how much value a top 3 pick has in the nba today. Would the number 2 pick and Jordan Clarkson get us Jimmy Butler?

Of course.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:19 am

TylersLakers wrote:If we ever gave away Randle and a 1st round pick for cap space before agreements were ever made on these supposed trades.. I'd be furious.

San Antonio wouldn't do it Tyler, and you know it.

He'll, if you're San Antonio, objectively speaking, you wouldn't either.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#15 » by TylersLakers » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:34 am

ALL HAIL wrote:

I'm not sure man. If Manu retires, I see that 6th man being a position of need for them. Could see Clarkson fitting in that slot. I also feel with Popovich, Jordan's D and ball movement would improve big time.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#16 » by iamworthy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:37 am

ALL HAIL wrote:
iamworthy wrote:I typically don't do the imaginary trade scenarios but can someone tell me how much value a top 3 pick has in the nba today. Would the number 2 pick and Jordan Clarkson get us Jimmy Butler?

Of course.

There was a rumor that the Celtics had Brooklyn's pick on the table for Butler and Chicago said no.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:50 am

TylersLakers wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:

I'm not sure man. If Manu retires, I see that 6th man being a position of need for them. Could see Clarkson fitting in that slot. I also feel with Popovich, Jordan's D and ball movement would improve big time.

Green is such an integral part of their team though dude. They're going to give up an integral two way starter for a flawed sixth man?

They only do this if they've got their eyes on another Kawhi-like steal in the draft, but this time at the bottom of the draft.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:51 am

iamworthy wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:

Of course.

There was a rumor that the Celtics had Brooklyn's pick on the table for Butler and Chicago said no.

I don't believe that for a second, from either side. I don't believe Boston offered the pick, and I don't believe, if they did, that Chicago would pass that up.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#19 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:26 am

Not a trade question, but what's the deal with Gary Payton II ??? would be worth trying out next year instead of someone like ennis??
Bring back Defense
mambo
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#20 » by mambo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:25 am

We have got Nwaba! ;)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers