ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe...

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

jerkslo
Sophomore
And1: 19

Re: Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe... 

Post#1381 » by jerkslo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Karmaloop wrote:
jerkslo wrote:Got it. Don't critique the savior. If you want an echo chamber, that seems dumb. In other words, if I'd rather we had drafted someone for their basketball ability and not hype, I shouldn't be a fan? Come on man.

I think what Slava was trying to get at was that if you want to bring something productive to the table, by all means bring it up and let's discuss it. But if you're gonna go around beating your chest because you didn't like Ball pre-draft and he had a bad game, you're not really adding anything.

I get it. We need to watch the hypocrisy though. All of the crying over the Dlo trade isn't productive and I don't see anyone telling them to go to the Nets board.

Look, Ball will be fine. I don't like his demeanor on defense. He likes to stand around. He gets beat way too easily then reaches/swipes to recover. People here are praising his "quick hands". That's just lack of real effort on D.

Yeah I liked Fox. I'll shut up about it, but I'll look for the Dlo whining to stop also. It wasn't going to work with him and Ball. Their combined defense would have been scary bad.

Ball looked better in game 2 as expected. Great in transition. He still carries himself as too cool to play hard unless he's got the ball making a play.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#1382 » by Slava » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:45 pm

jerkslo wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
jerkslo wrote:Got it. Don't critique the savior. If you want an echo chamber, that seems dumb. In other words, if I'd rather we had drafted someone for their basketball ability and not hype, I shouldn't be a fan? Come on man.

I think what Slava was trying to get at was that if you want to bring something productive to the table, by all means bring it up and let's discuss it. But if you're gonna go around beating your chest because you didn't like Ball pre-draft and he had a bad game, you're not really adding anything.

I get it. We need to watch the hypocrisy though. All of the crying over the Dlo trade isn't productive and I don't see anyone telling them to go to the Nets board.

Look, Ball will be fine. I don't like his demeanor on defense. He likes to stand around. He gets beat way too easily then reaches/swipes to recover. People here are praising his "quick hands". That's just lack of real effort on D.

Yeah I liked Fox. I'll shut up about it, but I'll look for the Dlo whining to stop also. It wasn't going to work with him and Ball. Their combined defense would have been scary bad.

Ball looked better in game 2 as expected. Great in transition. He still carries himself as too cool to play hard unless he's got the ball making a play.

If 19 year old rookies can defend like Beverley, pass like Chris Paul and score like Curry, they won't be called rookies. There's a degree of patience required when watching young players, some fans don't have it and its easy to see who they are when they start nitpicking 2 summer league games and saying they'd trade the prospect already for a different one.

Its not far off from a kid buying a toy, getting bored of it after a day and crying for the one his friend has.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Hunter103
Assistant Coach
And1: 93

Post#1383 » by Hunter103 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:37 pm

BlackieMamba wrote:I'm remembering who's in the trade Randle boat. He's gonna put up crazy numbers this year, and resigning him next offseason will be as big of a priority as signing PG13. He's the perfect fit with Lonzo. Perfect fit next to Brook. He's a long term piece to the puzzle, he's not DLo.

Hope you're right, he's due to get to that next level
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#1384 » by DS17 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Okay so the rockets are onna get Melo. Hopefully they trade Eric Gordon to us to create capspace :)
BlackieMamba
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#1385 » by BlackieMamba » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:59 pm

DS17 wrote:Okay so the rockets are onna get Melo. Hopefully they trade Eric Gordon to us to create capspace :)

Why would we want Eric Gordon?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,267

Post#1386 » by Frank Dux » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:31 pm

DS17 wrote:Okay so the rockets are onna get Melo. Hopefully they trade Eric Gordon to us to create capspace :)

There's about 40 million left on his contract. He's solid, but no thanks.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#1387 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 am

Give us ariza
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#1388 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 pm

I can't say this enough. ... we need to explore a trade with Chicago to unload deng for wade...

Option 1:. deng, hart, and chicago's seconds for wade... they shed 5 million this year

Option 2: deng, clarkson, 2019 unprotected first. They get a proven sg, with a potentially high pick.

(I prefer option 2 for cap space purposes)

If we pull option 2 a day Houston is serious about taking on Melo. ... we can try to take on ariza (expiring) on their efforts for a salary dump.

The other trade we should really try to look into is jae Crowder for Randle. He is a great player with 3 and D.... that will fit the system on a bargain contract fir 3 years. Rather than paying Randle for 4x times more at around 19mil/year

None of those trades are stretches. .. I would be stoked with that off season
BlackieMamba
Sophomore

Post#1389 » by BlackieMamba » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:21 am

Lakers Trade
Luol Deng
Thomas Bryant or David Nwaba
2019 2nd Round pick from CHI

Bucks Trade
Matthew Dellavedova (3 more years at 9 mil)
Spencer Hawes (Expiring for $6mil)

Turn Deng's contract into a much more movable one. While also filling a position of need in a backup 3 & D PG. Waive Hawes and create another roster spot & a little more cap for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BlackieMamba
Sophomore

Post#1390 » by BlackieMamba » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:34 am

Lakers Trade
Luol Deng
Thomas Bryant or David Nwaba
2019 2nd Round Pick from CHI

Pelicans Trade
E'twaun Moore (3 more years at 8 mil)
Quincy Pondexter (Expiring at $3.5 mil)
Pelicans trade exceptions allow this to work.

Turn Deng's contract into a much more movable one. While filling our backup SG needs with a shooter behind KCP and letting Clarkson play backup point. Pondexter could ride the bench or provide garbage time minutes or waive him and create another roster spot & more cap room.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#1391 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16 pm

4 way trade:

Lakers trade deng, clarkson, Josh hart, brewer, 2019 unprotected first and get wade and ariza

Bulls trade wade and receive Ryan Anderson and clarkson and 2019 unprotected first

Knicks trade Melo and receive deng, Houston's first, Josh hart, and brewer

Houston trades Ryan Anderson, ariza and a first for melo
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#1392 » by JohnVancouver » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:21 am

loveshaq786 wrote:4 way trade:

Lakers trade deng, clarkson, Josh hart, brewer, 2019 unprotected first and get wade and ariza

Bulls trade wade and receive Ryan Anderson and clarkson and 2019 unprotected first

No thanks, let's not trade anymore picks for old people
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#1393 » by loveshaq786 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:44 am

JohnVancouver wrote:

It's mainly to dump deng. I'm not adding a first Rd pick to gain an old a $$ wade, lol
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#1394 » by larry14r » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:46 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:

It's mainly to dump deng. I'm not adding a first Rd pick to gain an old a $$ wade, lol

Then stop giving away picks.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#1395 » by larry14r » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:46 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:

Then stop giving away picks.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#1396 » by loveshaq786 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:57 am

Oh yeah... that's right, we don't need to give away any assets to trade deng. Can we fir rob and magic... and hire you both
Chuck-Cheese
Senior
And1: 230

Post#1397 » by Chuck-Cheese » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:30 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:I can't say this enough. ... we need to explore a trade with Chicago to unload deng for wade...

Option 1:. deng, hart, and chicago's seconds for wade... they shed 5 million this year

Option 2: deng, clarkson, 2019 unprotected first. They get a proven sg, with a potentially high pick.

(I prefer option 2 for cap space purposes)

If we pull option 2 a day Houston is serious about taking on Melo. ... we can try to take on ariza (expiring) on their efforts for a salary dump.

The other trade we should really try to look into is jae Crowder for Randle. He is a great player with 3 and D.... that will fit the system on a bargain contract fir 3 years. Rather than paying Randle for 4x times more at around 19mil/year

None of those trades are stretches. .. I would be stoked with that off season
I think the Randle for Crowder proposal is a stretch. Now that they moved Bradley they are not under any pressure to deal Crowder. Why would they trade a player like Crowder locked in to a below market contract for a one year rental in Randle? Besides the obvious fact that Crowder is a better player, Ainge also knows that Randle is about to get paid and that the celts would never be able to keep him. Makes no sense for the celts.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#1398 » by loveshaq786 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:57 am

Lakers: trade Clarkson, Deng, Josh Hart, a second round picks, 5 mill cash for wade

Detroit: Avery Bradley for Clarkson, Josh Hart, a second round pick and 2 mill CASH

Chicago: wade for Deng, 3 mill CASH, and Bradley
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#1399 » by larry14r » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:31 am

loveshaq786 wrote:Lakers: trade Clarkson, Deng, Josh Hart, a second round picks, 5 mill cash for wade

Detroit: Avery Bradley for Clarkson, Josh Hart, a second round pick and 2 mill CASH

Chicago: wade for Deng, 3 mill CASH, and Bradley

Detroit is keeping Bradley.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#1400 » by Vae Victus » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:34 am

Our best bet to dump salary is

Jordan Clarkson + Julius Randle to a heavily capped out team chasing the playoffs for an expiring contract.

Assuming Hart and Kuzma both show some nice potential making losing JC and Randle at the trade deadline not be so devestating. If both Lonzo and Ingram are balling out, then the team would legit might attract some folks.

Stretch Deng in 2018 FA period and voila we now have about 66 mil in cap space. Enough for 2 superstar max FAs.

Randle is pretty much gone if we're going the superstar FA route and losing Clarkson's contract is waaaaaaaay easier than Deng's. Clarkson is barely neutral value as is and Randle would be lucky to fetch a late 1st (Noel should be the expectation on what we get back at the deadline). Deng simply isnt moveable unless we attach Ingram or Ball, thus stretch him.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers