ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe...

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Re: Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion 2.0: The rise of Pinklowe... 

Post#1881 » by TyCobb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:35 am

Read more, learn more, change your posts.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#1882 » by stan francisco » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 pm

TyCobb wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6991903

It's only a matter a time... :)

Zubacca stays, but sure. :-) I seriously think we're hiding him on the bench until after the TD, then we plan to unleash the beast!

NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1883 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 pm

I'd like to see Zubac get his chance to stick in the NBA with us rather than trade him. His situation is curious. Last year he put up a couple impressive games toward the end of the year. I don't put much into his SL performance as that forum is basically a "look at me" rec league. Big men need structured offense to excel and that isn't SL.

He's been "hidden" or he's been benched because Luke doesn't like his style of play. In a "development year" it makes no sense not to develop a kid who's shown that he can play and needs reps to get better unless there are plans.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#1884 » by Rosque » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:58 pm

"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Post#1885 » by Lakers24gm » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Since we need shooting so much what about a simple deal like Brewer and a 2nd for Belinelli. Or something a little bigger like Clarkson for Belinelli and Ersan?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1886 » by Slava » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Clarkson and 2 2nds for belinelli, ilyasova would be a fantastic trade for us.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1887 » by Pythagoras » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Lakers24gm wrote:Since we need shooting so much what about a simple deal like Brewer and a 2nd for Belinelli. Or something a little bigger like Clarkson for Belinelli and Ersan?

Slava wrote:Clarkson and 2 2nds for belinelli, ilyasova would be a fantastic trade for us.

I like either of these.
Numbers rule the universe.
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#1888 » by iQon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:21 pm

IDK what you guys see in Zubac. Good kid. But he always looks 2 or 3 steps slower than every one else. He's like the 14th or 15th man, to me.

Do I want to cut or trade him? No.

But I'm also at a point where I feel we know what we have with him, and Bryant intrigues me more.
AmusingFiddle
Rookie
And1: 315

Post#1889 » by AmusingFiddle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Seems to me, Zubac has hit a wall. When we first picked him up he was very eager to contribute. He has been playing behind Mozgov and Lopez for the past two years. I hope his head is in the right place and has been putting in work to improve his footwork and jumper. I don't believe Lopez is coming back. His price tag will be too high (unless we strike out in FA again)
BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Post#1890 » by BBBKobe » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Lakers24gm wrote:Since we need shooting so much what about a simple deal like Brewer and a 2nd for Belinelli. Or something a little bigger like Clarkson for Belinelli and Ersan?

We shouldn't give anything more than Clarkson and or Randle for those two players. Second round picks are very valuable.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1891 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:41 am

BBBKobe wrote:

We shouldn't give anything more than Clarkson and or Randle for those two players. Second round picks are very valuable.

2nd round picks aren't that valuable. Of the 150 2nd round picks taken in the last five years, Clarkson ranks 7th in win shares. Expecting to find a productive player in the 2nd round is like trying to plan your retirement around hitting it big on the slot machines in Vegas.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#1892 » by Pointgod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:27 am

Slava wrote:Clarkson and 2 2nds for belinelli, ilyasova would be a fantastic trade for us.

Sign me up! Also would like a Clarkson to Phoenix for Greg Monroe trade.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#1893 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:52 am

BBBKobe wrote:

Huh? Teams sell 2nd round picks.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1894 » by King Ken » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:45 pm

I have zero interest in Clarkson for Atlanta. Doesn't fit our style or system and I am not a fan of his contract. Easy pass for Atlanta. These types of players struggle badly in Atlanta due to our system requiring them to do all aspects of the game and play sound defense. These types worked when we had Mike Woodson and had an iso styled attack.

I do have some interest in Den 2nd and Corey Brewer for Belinelli as the poster above mention. While I would prefer a higher 2nd for Marco than a mid 2nd which is usually boom or bust Euro or 4th-year player who is fighting for a roster spot.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1895 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 pm

King Ken wrote:

I have zero interest in Clarkson for Atlanta. Doesn't fit our style or system and I am not a fan of his contract. Easy pass for Atlanta. These types of players struggle badly in Atlanta due to our system requiring them to do all aspects of the game and play sound defense. These types worked when we had Mike Woodson and had an iso styled attack.

I do have some interest in Den 2nd and Corey Brewer for Belinelli as the poster above mention. While I would prefer a higher 2nd for Marco than a mid 2nd which is usually boom or bust Euro or 4th-year player who is fighting for a roster spot.

:roll:

You guys are freaking tanking right now. Who cares if Clarkson doesn't fit your system. Bury him on the bench or buy him out for all I care. He expires after next year. Its amazing how over the top people can be in taking a hard line stance on even the simplest of trades on this site.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1896 » by King Ken » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
King Ken wrote:

You guys are freaking tanking right now. Who cares if Clarkson doesn't fit your system. Bury him on the bench or buy him out for all I care. He expires after next year. Its amazing how over the top people can be in taking a hard line stance on even the simplest of trades on this site.

:noway: We value our cap flexibility and our personnel fit. Clarkson doesn't cover any area we need. He would just be another unfavorable contract we do not need. Don't be a homer. Just because we don't want what you want to move doesn't mean you have to be malicious. The value coming back is not worth just eating the contract. A mid-late 1st would cover that which isn't what you have to offer. You basically want Atlanta to gift wrap LeBron, PG13 and others for you. That's not of interest to us. We are here to win titles just as everyone else.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1897 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm

King Ken wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
King Ken wrote:I have zero interest in Clarkson for Atlanta. Doesn't fit our style or system and I am not a fan of his contract. Easy pass for Atlanta. These types of players struggle badly in Atlanta due to our system requiring them to do all aspects of the game and play sound defense. These types worked when we had Mike Woodson and had an iso styled attack.

:noway: We value our cap flexibility and our personnel fit. Clarkson doesn't cover any area we need. He would just be another unfavorable contract we do not need. Don't be a homer. Just because we don't want what you want to move doesn't mean you have to be malicious. The value coming back is not worth just eating the contract. A mid-late 1st would cover that which isn't what you have to offer. You basically want Atlanta to gift wrap LeBron, PG13 and others for you. That's not of interest to us. We are here to win titles just as everyone else.

Actually I might have been a little too snotty with you, so my bad.
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#1898 » by dub81 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:26 am

With the way Lou Will is playing, you think it was still a good trade the Lakers made last year?
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,185

Post#1899 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 am

dub81 wrote:With the way Lou Will is playing, you think it was still a good trade the Lakers made last year?

Not even close, I don't even remember what we got for Lou LOL, but My boy Lou can get hot real quick and get those nasty 4 point plays, but y'all wanted him gone and it happend :(
Bring back Defense
11 Phenomenon
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#1900 » by 11 Phenomenon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 am

Pistons are interested in clarkson. i wonder how much our FO is asking

1st round pick would be nice but i doubt it.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers