ImageImageImageImageImage

What is the most you'd give/match Randle per season at this point?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

What is the most you'd give/match Randle per season at this point?

Dont resign. Trade before deadline.
12%
10 mil
8%
12.5 mil
24%
15 mil
30%
17.5 mil
15%
Max
10%

Total votes: 97

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: What is the most you'd give/match Randle per season at this point? 

Post#161 » by Kilroy » Wed May 9, 2018 3:18 pm

Did you guys watch any of the games against Houston this season? Randle absolutely owns Capela... I mean to the point Capela can't stay on the floor... Randle has had career games against Houston.

Capela will probably get paid but he's the flavor of the month like Whiteside and will be trash without Harden and CP3...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#162 » by ak7 » Wed May 9, 2018 3:33 pm

Kilroy wrote:Did you guys watch any of the games against Houston this season? Randle absolutely owns Capela... I mean to the point Capela can't stay on the floor... Randle has had career games against Houston.

Capela will probably get paid but he's the flavor of the month like Whiteside and will be trash without Harden and CP3...

Randle is vastly underrated on RealGM. Capela isn't in the same stratosphere as Randle.

The lack of respect for Randle as a player is evident by the title of this thread. What is the most you'd pay to keep Randle? All of the money legally possible. The Lakers aren't in a position to let a 22/11/4/1 player who can guard the best player on the floor no matter the position leave via free agency unless they are getting LeBron, George and another player. Even then, they will need someone to be a force downlow so it's still ridiculous to think that they would actually entertain the idea.

I'd legitimately rather attach Kuzma to Deng to free up the cash. Kuzma while a heck of a player, has a dime a dozen skillset. Randle...not so much.
BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Post#163 » by BBBKobe » Wed May 9, 2018 3:38 pm

ak7 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Did you guys watch any of the games against Houston this season? Randle absolutely owns Capela... I mean to the point Capela can't stay on the floor... Randle has had career games against Houston.

Randle is vastly underrated on RealGM. Capela isn't in the same stratosphere as Randle.

The lack of respect for Randle as a player is evident by the title of this thread. What is the most you'd pay to keep Randle? All of the money legally possible. The Lakers aren't in a position to let a 22/11/4/1 player who can guard the best player on the floor no matter the position leave via free agency unless they are getting LeBron, George and another player. Even then, they will need someone to be a force downlow so it's still ridiculous to think that they would actually entertain the idea.

I'd legitimately rather attach Kuzma to Deng to free up the cash. Kuzma while a heck of a player, has a dime a dozen skillset. Randle...not so much.

But is there another kuzma like player that is on a rookie contract for the next three years? Ehh.. probably not. His contract is a blessing for us.

In terms of Randle. Yeah he did have a great year.. but again it’s also his contract year. We saw what happened to Norman Powell last year to this year. Looked like a stud the last couple years.. got paid... and.. yeah lol

Give Randle a one year deal and see if he’s a fluke or not. However, I think Dallas will offer him near 21 million a year. I don’t see the Lakers doing that at all. Not with their goals.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#164 » by ak7 » Wed May 9, 2018 3:46 pm

BBBKobe wrote:
ak7 wrote:

But is there another kuzma like player that is on a rookie contract for the next three years? Ehh.. probably not. His contract is a blessing for us.

In terms of Randle. Yeah he did have a great year.. but again it’s also his contract year. We saw what happened to Norman Powell last year to this year. Looked like a stud the last couple years.. got paid... and.. yeah lol

Give Randle a one year deal and see if he’s a fluke or not. However, I think Dallas will offer him near 21 million a year. I don’t see the Lakers doing that at all. Not with their goals.

Comparing Normal Powell to Julius Randle in a vaccuum is like comparing a piece of poop to a gold nugget. Randle has emerged into a premier defender in the league all while being a complete force offensively that perfectly fits Luke's system and the way the game is played today. Norman Powell would have to dream big in video game land to see himself have Randle's type of impact.

If the Lakers do not match a max deal I have lost complete faith in their ability to field a competitive team and so should this fan base. They are not in a position to let go of talent unless LeBron James and Paul George are walking through that door. Even then, that pairing will need a player like Randle to even sniff the finals. Unless you expect Brook Lopez to return and become something he's failed to become his entire career.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#165 » by Kilroy » Wed May 9, 2018 4:18 pm

BBBKobe wrote:
ak7 wrote:

It's also Capela's "contract year"...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Post#166 » by BBBKobe » Wed May 9, 2018 4:19 pm

ak7 wrote:
BBBKobe wrote:
ak7 wrote:

Comparing Normal Powell to Julius Randle in a vaccuum is like comparing a piece of poop to a gold nugget. Randle has emerged into a premier defender in the league all while being a complete force offensively that perfectly fits Luke's system and the way the game is played today. Norman Powell would have to dream big in video game land to see himself have Randle's type of impact.

If the Lakers do not match a max deal I have lost complete faith in their ability to field a competitive team and so should this fan base. They are not in a position to let go of talent unless LeBron James and Paul George are walking through that door. Even then, that pairing will need a player like Randle to even sniff the finals. Unless you expect Brook Lopez to return and become something he's failed to become his entire career.

If we can move Deng, then I’m all about signing Randle to a decent, not max level deal. Ideally I’d love a

Zo
PG
Ingram
Lebron
Randle

line up for next season. Great defensively, offense will be fine as long as Zo improves his shot and driving ability. If Randle can learn how to shoot and drive with his right hand then....

A bunch of what ifs of course, but I think this line up is totally possible. Deng will have to be moved at a cost of some picks and we’ll have to convince Lebron of course.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,638

Post#167 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 9, 2018 5:38 pm

ak7 wrote:If the Lakers do not match a max deal I have lost complete faith in their ability to field a competitive team and so should this fan base. They are not in a position to let go of talent unless LeBron James and Paul George are walking through that door. Even then, that pairing will need a player like Randle to even sniff the finals.

I don't come with quite the passion you've got....but I agree. Who does the dirty work? Who bangs inside? Who grabs boards? 34-35 year old Lebron? Nah...we need to keep Randle. 20-21mil is about what we're gonna have to pay, and while it may not be the deal of the century...the guy has grown in all 3 seasons (season's he actually played)...and despite the limitations that frustrate the hell out of me, he's been getting it done...been getting it done against the best, and for 3-years.

I think last years Randle was absolutely worth $20, in today's NBA. I don't expect a ton more out of him...but I expect better efficiency, and I think he will develop several of those "sweet spots" in the 10-15 foot range, that alot of PF's in history develop. That will come over the next couple years....and he'll be a damn good player, and will play a VITAL role with this team.

Unless someone has a big in mind who's coming here....we need our rebounder, and banger. A guy like A-Davis would render Randle completely expendable...but he's not coming. I like Kuz...don't wanna lose him. But if we get PG and Lebron....I gotta put Ingram and Kuz as the more expendable guys. I have no intention of letting Ingram go....so Kuz kinda becomes the piece I'm willing to part with. He may end up the better player (I'd say he "probably will")....but what Randle does, nobody else on our team does.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers