ImageImageImageImageImage

What is the most you'd give/match Randle per season at this point?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Dont resign. Trade before deadline.
12%
10 mil
8%
12.5 mil
24%
15 mil
30%
17.5 mil
15%
Max
10%

Total votes: 97

ajdontwatchthat
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,496

Re: RE: Re: What is the most you'd give/match Randle per season at this point? 

Post#61 » by ajdontwatchthat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
How about Randle + Deng (or Movgov)
For
Dwight Powell (9Mper for 3 more years)

We need that 9 mil in 2018.

How about we throw a few picks (#28, a future 2nd) to not have to take back Powell?

What about Seth Curry (3.2M expiring) for Randal + + Mozgov + #28 + 2019 2nd

Call up Magic right now.
ajdontwatchthat wrote:So were Horry and Rick Fox more productive than a young Kobe judging off PER?

Pennebaker wrote:Yes, absolutely. Young Kobe was not a great player.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Re: What is the most you'd give/match Randle per season at this point? 

Post#62 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Slava wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:I saw on the CBA frequently asked questions page, a player has to be worth less than 15% of the cap and signed under a previous CBA to stretch him. Would that not mean Deng makes to much to be stretched? And IDK about the previous CBA part in regards to Moz and Deng.

I'll need to change my offer if it's Deng not Mozgov,

Devin Harris (4M expiring- only 2M guaranteed next year) for Julius Randle + Larry Nace Jr. + #28 +20192nd for Deng

I assume this still works?

So you are in effect asking for 3 first round picks (one of them a lottery pick) and a 2nd to take on $54 mil in dead salary. No thanks!

Changing Seth to Devin and Moz to Deng seems to be better for you than me.

Adding Nace Jr. Turns this from a big yes to a big no??

Do you know the <15% of the salary cap rule in order to stretch better than I? Am I wrong on that rule? Can you inform me?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#63 » by Slava » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Slava wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:I saw on the CBA frequently asked questions page, a player has to be worth less than 15% of the cap and signed under a previous CBA to stretch him. Would that not mean Deng makes to much to be stretched? And IDK about the previous CBA part in regards to Moz and Deng.

Devin Harris (4M expiring- only 2M guaranteed next year) for Julius Randle + Larry Nace Jr. + #28 +20192nd for Deng

So you are in effect asking for 3 first round picks (one of them a lottery pick) and a 2nd to take on $54 mil in dead salary. No thanks!

Do you know the <15% of the salary cap rule in order to stretch better than I? Am I wrong on that rule? Can you inform me?

More than 15% of your salary cannot be stretched so we cannot stretch BOTH Mozgov and Deng, which was never going to happen anyways.

I'm fine with Randle + one of Moz/Deng, I'd prefer Moz. I'd also be fine with (28 + lottery protected future 1st + one of Deng/Moz) but adding Nance is overkill to me. He is under team control longer and would inevitably step in to Randle's spot in the starting line up to add some defense.

Quite frankly I'm not eager to dump either until next summer when their contracts become shorter and lesser money owed, which would take lesser assets to dump.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#64 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Slava wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Slava wrote:

More than 15% of your salary cannot be stretched so we cannot stretch BOTH Mozgov and Deng, which was never going to happen anyways.

I'm fine with Randle + one of Moz/Deng, I'd prefer Moz. I'd also be fine with (28 + lottery protected future 1st + one of Deng/Moz) but adding Nance is overkill to me. He is under team control longer and would inevitably step in to Randle's spot in the starting line up to add some defense.

Quite frankly I'm not eager to dump either until next summer when their contracts become shorter and lesser money owed, which would take lesser assets to dump.

That's fair, Randal will be owed at least 6Million more that summer and if PG13 and or another star is starting at you all, you can believe the league will try to "ho" the Lakers. So, taking away that year of cost control of Randals contract won't be forgetten when he costs 4x as much and your Currently paying him and you try to attach him to a Timofey or Loul.

Because Loul or Moz + Randal on a 15+Million dollar a year deal is about 40% of cap space. You'll have to attach serious asstes, probably one of Ingram or Russell.

I really do respect this stance, but it could easily set you up to lose someone important like the Cavs did with Wiggins for Love. If the Cavs had truly thought LeBron was comming home they could have set themselves up much better to keep Wiggins and add a star another way. You know PG13 wants to come back, but I respect your opinion.

Am I wrong in thinking Loul Deng takes up over 15% of your salary these next two years? And is Mozgov not right on the cusp of that as well?
7/1/2019
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by Slava » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Slava wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

That's fair, Randal will be owed at least 6Million more that summer and if PG13 and or another star is starting at you all, you can believe the league will try to "ho" the Lakers. So, taking away that year of cost control of Randals contract won't be forgetten when he costs 4x as much and your Currently paying him and you try to attach him to a Timofey or Loul.

Because Loul or Moz + Randal on a 15+Million dollar a year deal is about 40% of cap space. You'll have to attach serious asstes, probably one of Ingram or Russell.

I really do respect this stance, but it could easily set you up to lose someone important like the Cavs did with Wiggins for Love. If the Cavs had truly thought LeBron was comming home they could have set themselves up much better to keep Wiggins and add a star another way. You know PG13 wants to come back, but I respect your opinion.

Am I wrong in thinking Loul Deng takes up over 15% of your salary these next two years? And is Mozgov not right on the cusp of that as well?

Deng makes $18M a year. Mozgov makes $16M a year. Put together that's $34 mil and not 40% of cap space when the cap is set at $100M+. We could just not match Randle's offer sheet if that salary is a problem so adding him into this scrap heap is pointless scaremongering which we're not bound to fall for.

We can open up one max slot for Paul George by doing nothing but letting Black and Brewer's contracts expire and not matching Randle's offer sheet. We can open up a second one by dumping Clarkson and one of Deng/Mozgov but then again who is this second free agent we are sure to get? Unless we have an answer, dumping salary for the sake of dumping salary is pointless.

GS dumped $20M per year over two contract years on Utah with 2 protected firsts when they needed money to sign Iguodola. So if you take that as a baseline the asking price won't be Russell or Ingram and we are not half stupid to use top lottery picks to dump salary. That is just a point of no negotiation if a team asks for it.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#66 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Slava wrote:Deng makes $18M a year. Mozgov makes $16M a year. Put together that's $34 mil and not 40% of cap space when the cap is set at $100M+.

I still don't understand how Mozgov and Deng are stretchable when they make more than 15% of the cap.. is it because after signing PG13 you'd be a slightly over the cap team and 15% percent of your salary would be sligtly greater than roughly 15Million per year?

And I meant a resigned Randal + Deng or Mozgov would be *about* 40% of the salary cap. Sorry, if that was not clear, Mozgov or Deng + Randals RFA contract is only 25-28% of the cap.

Slava wrote:We could just not match Randle's offer sheet if that salary is a problem so adding him into this scrap heap is pointless scaremongering which we're not bound to fall for.

Excellent point, I had thought of using him to clear salary, to sign PG13 while his value is still such that that is possible -which probably ends this summer. But, I didn't even think of just letting him walk, if push came to shove.

Slava wrote:We can open up one max slot for Paul George by doing nothing but letting Black's contract expire and not matching Randle's offer sheet. We can open up a second one by dumping Clarkson and one of Deng/Mozgov but then again who is this second free agent we are sure to get? Unless we have an answer, dumping salary for the sake of dumping salary is pointless.

I agree, no need to dump salary just due to rumors... As a fan of a team who has been chasing "big fish" for years,I can tell you... Stuff can go sideways... Never give up assets on the hope of landing a FA... For sure.

Slava wrote:GS dumped $20M per year over two contract years on Utah with 2 protected firsts when they needed money to sign Iguodola. So if you take that as a baseline the asking price won't be Russell or Ingram and we are not half stupid to use top lottery picks to dump salary. That is just a point of no negotiation if a team asks for it.

That was a pretty epic deal for G.S. (turned out well for Utah to, Gobert right?) I think the team your trading with would have to be in the perfect, non competitive, just happy to add assets when they're knowledgeable they cannot add FA's stage of team development. *I* wouldn't consider that deal market value. Teams aren't going to want to help L.A., that's just a warning to a respectable Laker fan poster. If we see L.A.L. against the wall we will leave them there a lot longer when they are going after an all star than we would have G.S. at that time chasing Iggy. Many people were surprised AT THE TIME when Utah took that deal. I doubt they would have done that deal to help L.A.L. land a perinial all star. Jordan Clarkson is also not an asset to move Moz or Deng. That gets you back to taking up over 1/3 of a teams cap space for non impact players to help L.A.L.... Very silly, someone probably would if you add a couple of firsts and Nance.. I wouldn't without Ingram or Russell..

------------If we want to know what it takes to move a 15-18Million per year contract, in the new cba, post Iggy on the Warriors we should look at what Porland is getting offered.

Most people want #15 and #20 for taking on Turner or Leonard, and people who believe Crabbe is useful want at least #20 for him. They know Portland is against the wall.... But that is just realgm, let's see what actually happens..

So, Slava with YOU my Randal + albatross + minor asset deal is DOA? Or was I just asking to much?

Would you do Devin Harris (4million expiring -only 2M guranteed) for Randal + Mozgov + #28?

After the last post you wrote, I tend to think your fanbase should decline this offer... :cry:
7/1/2019
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Slava » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Slava wrote:Deng makes $18M a year. Mozgov makes $16M a year. Put together that's $34 mil and not 40% of cap space when the cap is set at $100M+.

I still don't understand how Mozgov and Deng are stretchable when they make more than 15% of the cap.. is it because after signing PG13 you'd be a slightly over the cap team and 15% percent of your salary would be sligtly greater than roughly 15Million per year?

And I meant a resigned Randal + Deng or Mozgov would be *about* 40% of the salary cap. Sorry, if that was not clear, Mozgov or Deng + Randals RFA contract is only 25-28% of the cap.

Slava wrote:We could just not match Randle's offer sheet if that salary is a problem so adding him into this scrap heap is pointless scaremongering which we're not bound to fall for.

Excellent point, I had thought of using him to clear salary, to sign PG13 while his value is still such that that is possible -which probably ends this summer. But, I didn't even think of just letting him walk, if push came to shove.

Slava wrote:We can open up one max slot for Paul George by doing nothing but letting Black's contract expire and not matching Randle's offer sheet. We can open up a second one by dumping Clarkson and one of Deng/Mozgov but then again who is this second free agent we are sure to get? Unless we have an answer, dumping salary for the sake of dumping salary is pointless.

I agree, no need to dump salary just due to rumors... As a fan of a team who has been chasing "big fish" for years,I can tell you... Stuff can go sideways... Never give up assets on the hope of landing a FA... For sure.

Slava wrote:GS dumped $20M per year over two contract years on Utah with 2 protected firsts when they needed money to sign Iguodola. So if you take that as a baseline the asking price won't be Russell or Ingram and we are not half stupid to use top lottery picks to dump salary. That is just a point of no negotiation if a team asks for it.

That was a pretty epic deal for G.S. (turned out well for Utah to, Gobert right?) I think the team your trading with would have to be in the perfect, non competitive, just happy to add assets when they're knowledgeable they cannot add FA's stage of team development. *I* wouldn't consider that deal market value. Teams aren't going to want to help L.A., that's just a warning to a respectable Laker fan poster. If we see L.A.L. against the wall we will leave them there a lot longer when they are going after an all star than we would have G.S. at that time chasing Iggy. Many people were surprised AT THE TIME when Utah took that deal. I doubt they would have done that deal to help L.A.L. land a perinial all star. Jordan Clarkson is also not an asset to move Moz or Deng. That gets you back to taking up over 1/3 of a teams cap space for non impact players to help L.A.L.... Very silly, someone probably would if you add a couple of firsts and Nance.. I wouldn't without Ingram or Russell..

------------If we want to know what it takes to move a 15-18Million per year contract, in the new cba, post Iggy on the Warriors we should look at what Porland is getting offered.

Most people want #15 and #20 for taking on Turner or Leonard, and people who believe Crabbe is useful want at least #20 for him. They know Portland is against the wall.... But that is just realgm, let's see what actually happens..

So, Slava with YOU my Randal + albatross + minor asset deal is DOA? Or was I just asking to much?

Would you do Devin Harris (4million expiring -only 2M guranteed) for Randal + Mozgov + #28?

After the last post you wrote, I tend to think your fanbase should decline this offer... :cry:

Mozgov can be stretched if the cap is $106M, Deng if the cap is $120M. I sure do hope we don't have to do that.

Randle + Deng/Moz + #28 for "nothing" would be a go for me just because it opens up additional possibilities for us without having to pay Randle. Adding Nance would be a deal breaker but if we have a commitment from a 2nd max player, I'd do it.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#68 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Slava wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

Mozgov can be stretched if the cap is $106M, Deng if the cap is $120M. I sure do hope we don't have to do that.

Randle + Deng/Moz + #28 for "nothing" would be a go for me just because it opens up additional possibilities for us without having to pay Randle. Adding Nance would be a deal breaker but if we have a commitment from a 2nd max player, I'd do it.

If Randle makes 15Million per year (probably a low side bet) in RFA and Moz averages about 15 per year and #28 makes about 1 Million per year that would leave the team taking your offer paying 98 Million over the next 4 years for Randle (whom I believe should be a reserve right now, Mozgov who is at best a part time backup Center and pick #28 in a great draft).

That's 25% of my teams cap for a 6th man(with potential), an 11th man and a likley 10th-12th or so man.... That is interesting..

... I'm working on a trade for the T&T board that I MIGHT use that in.. just for poops and giggles..

I'm telling you all now, Dallas needs a PF of the future and a PG of the future... With pick #9 on the 27th were likley getting our PG... And Randle is from Dallas and will be a RFA while your chasing stars... The tea leaves tell me Dallas may pull a reverse Orlando on you all next season...
7/1/2019
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Slava » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Slava wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:I still don't understand how Mozgov and Deng are stretchable when they make more than 15% of the cap.. is it because after signing PG13 you'd be a slightly over the cap team and 15% percent of your salary would be sligtly greater than roughly 15Million per year?

If Randle makes 15Million per year (probably a low side bet) in RFA and Moz averages about 15 per year and #28 makes about 1 Million per year that would leave the team taking your offer paying 98 Million over the next 4 years for Randle (whom I believe should be a reserve right now, Mozgov who is at best a part time backup Center and pick #28 in a great draft).

That's 25% of my teams cap for a 6th man(with potential), an 11th man and a likley 10th-12th or so man.... That is interesting..

... I'm working on a trade for the T&T board that I MIGHT use that in.. just for poops and giggles..

I'm telling you all now, Dallas needs a PF of the future and a PG of the future... With pick #9 on the 27th were likley getting our PG... And Randle is from Dallas and will be a RFA while your chasing stars... The tea leaves tell me Dallas may pull a reverse Orlando on you all next season...

Ok come back when that happens.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#70 » by Mirjalovic » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:51 pm

unnecessary. People obsession about salary cap is mindblowing.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#71 » by Streakers33 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:32 pm

ajdontwatchthat wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:We need that 9 mil in 2018.

How about we throw a few picks (#28, a future 2nd) to not have to take back Powell?

What about Seth Curry (3.2M expiring) for Randal + + Mozgov + #28 + 2019 2nd

Call up Magic right now.

Damn ! I too late!! .

I was going to say pick 28, randle, deng for hill( not guaranteed), BJ (4 mil expiring, plays same position as randle&deng).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#72 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 am

first part semi-correct, second part incorrect

this post is for you as well slava

second part first

As described in question number 65, if the contract or extension was signed under the previous CBA, then the team and player may negotiate a revised payment schedule. if the contract or extension was signed under the current CBA, the remaining guaranteed salary is paid over twice the number of remaining years, plus one, per the Stretch provision:

deng/mozgov were signed under the current CBA, therefore, they're eligible to be stretched

now the first part

2 If a team elects to stretch the team salary charge, it must inform the league by 11:59 PM on the day following the day the player clears waivers. A team is not permitted to stretch the team salary charge if in any future season the team salary charges for all the team's waived players (and other former players) would add up to more than 15% of the salary cap for the season in which the player is waived. For example, if a player is waived in 2011-12, the team cannot elect to stretch the player's team salary charge if the sum of the team salary charges for all of its waived players in any future season would exceed $8,706,600 (15% of the salary cap in 2011-12). Teams are not allowed to stretch only a portion of a waived player's salary, either to conform to the 15% limit, or for any other reason.

for simplicity's sake, we're going to use a cap of 100 mil.

15% of a 100 mil, is 15 mil.

stretching Deng AND Mozgov (34 + 34*1.045) = 69.53 mil owed

paid over 5 years is 13.906 mil per year

we can stretch both, as long we don't stretch or waive anyone else that would exceed 15% of the cap in any given season.

example:

On December 22, the Detroit Pistons waived forward Josh Smith, despite owing him a total of $40.5 million for the 2014-15 season all the way through 2016-17.

detroit waived josh smith mid-season, which meant they ate 13.5 mil for the 2014/15 season, then stretched the remaining 27 mil (2015/16 and 2016/17) over 5 years

Because Smith had two years left on his contract, the $27 million owed will hit the team’s salary cap at $5.4 million over each of the next five seasons.

quick notes: 27 million owed over 2 years was 13.5 mil per season (no raises/front loading to speak of), the cap in season 2015/16 was $70.0 million for 2015/16.

15% of 70 mil was 10.5 mil, yet detroit could stretch josh smith because his stretched salary of 5.4 mil < 10.5 mil, it's his stretched salary hit per season that is used, not his normal salary hit for 2015/16

Mirjalovic wrote:unnecessary. People obsession about salary cap is mindblowing.

you take that back
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#73 » by Camping Fan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:29 am

I just checked Hoops Hype and Randle does not become a free agent until next year which is a good thing. I think this year will show what kind of player he can become. As of right now he will get 4 million, but I would bump it up to 6 or so if necessary. He is still young and needs to prove his value in my opinion
Lakers 2020
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#74 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:31 am

Camping Fan wrote:I just checked Hoops Hype and Randle does not become a free agent until next year which is a good thing. I think this year will show what kind of player he can become. As of right now he will get 4 million, but I would bump it up to 6 or so if necessary. He is still young and needs to prove his value in my opinion

mate, he's going to get minimum 10 mil per season more
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#75 » by Pointgod » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:51 am

Some of you guys would fail as gms. I honestly want to see the look on Randle's face when you offer him less money than Luol Deng.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#76 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Camping Fan wrote:I just checked Hoops Hype and Randle does not become a free agent until next year which is a good thing. I think this year will show what kind of player he can become. As of right now he will get 4 million, but I would bump it up to 6 or so if necessary. He is still young and needs to prove his value in my opinion

this is 2017 not 1990s
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#77 » by dub81 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:54 am

If the Lakers are really considering Josh Jackson where does that leave Randle, Deng and BI?
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#78 » by Camping Fan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:17 am

Josh Jackson is a guard according to Hoops Hype, so that doesn't threaten Randle, but Deng and Mozgov are fried toast
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#79 » by Camping Fan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 am

Pointgod wrote:Some of you guys would fail as gms. I honestly want to see the look on Randle's face when you offer him less money than Luol Deng.

Next summer, I agree on that 10, but he is signed for another year and will have to wait
Lakers 2020
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#80 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:29 am

dub81 wrote:If the Lakers are really considering Josh Jackson where does that leave Randle, Deng and BI?

BI, nothing, the idea is to have two long, athletic two-way wings that can defend multiple positions for years to come
Deng, been on the outer for almost a year now anyway
Randle, impending contract extension leaves him open for trade regardless of who the lakers pick

Return to Los Angeles Lakers