ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Lonzo Ball Rookie Thread No. 1

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Re: Official Lonzo Ball Rookie Thread No. 1 

Post#1221 » by shakes0 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:I think it's time to apologise. I called him bust after a period of "scoreless" games but it is absolutely proven the Lakers are way better with Ball, especially on defense and ball movement. Great PG we have in Ball for the next 15 years.

As the biggest Lonzo fan here I accept your apology, but don't let it happen again. True Lonzo fans have never doubted.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#1222 » by ak7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Once Lonzo develops into the best point guard in the league, I hope they shut down the GB after realizing how bad it makes RealGM look. Bunch of dummies there.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#1223 » by shakes0 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 pm

ak7 wrote:Once Lonzo develops into the best point guard in the league, I hope they shut down the GB after realizing how bad it makes RealGM look. Bunch of dummies there.

I'm at the point now where I group basketball fans into 2 categories, those who know Lonzo is awesome and those who don't have a clue about basketball.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#1224 » by TyCobb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am

I'm looking forward to our next Olympics with this guy playing point. Imagine him surrounded by shooters like Curry, Thompson, Durant, and George. Yikes.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#1225 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:40 pm

No way he makes it to Tokyo. Stars only care about Olympics, it's gonna be a battle for the 12 roster spots and the PG position is filled with talent.

Next year World Champs should be his focus.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1226 » by iamworthy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 pm

ROballer wrote:No way he makes it to Tokyo. Stars only care about Olympics, it's gonna be a battle for the 12 roster spots and the PG position is filled with talent.

Next year World Champs should be his focus.

Also, isn't there a lot of politics involved with shoe companies regarding the Olympics, or was that the world's? iirc years ago someone was left of the roster because they weren't a Nike or Adidas guy.
chris4celts
Junior
And1: 313

Post#1227 » by chris4celts » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:31 pm

In an honest moment, if you guys had it to do all over again, would you have taken Ball at #2? If not, who would the guy have been?
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#1228 » by shakes0 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 pm

chris4celts wrote:In an honest moment, if you guys had it to do all over again, would you have taken Ball at #2? If not, who would the guy have been?

Of course I would take Ball #2. Would take him at #1 as well. He's going to be the best player from this draft and is already starting to look like it.
chris4celts
Junior

Post#1229 » by chris4celts » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 pm

shakes0 wrote:
chris4celts wrote:In an honest moment, if you guys had it to do all over again, would you have taken Ball at #2? If not, who would the guy have been?

Of course I would take Ball #2. Would take him at #1 as well. He's going to be the best player from this draft and is already starting to look like it.

OK, I am not trying to pick a fight. I admit I'm torn with regard to Ball. I am not impressed with his play with the naked eye and his shooting numbers are horrendous. But the Lakers lose when he's Out.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#1230 » by shakes0 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm

chris4celts wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

OK, I am not trying to pick a fight. I admit I'm torn with regard to Ball. I am not impressed with his play with the naked eye and his shooting numbers are horrendous. But the Lakers lose when he's Out.

Please see my earlier post 3 from the top on this page for my response.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#1231 » by Gus McCrae » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 pm

I would take him #1 and sleep like a baby
ak7
Lead Assistant

Post#1232 » by ak7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:21 pm

chris4celts wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

If you’re not impressed with his play with your “naked eye” I don’t care about your opinion because it’s obvious you know nothing about the game. Toodles, couch hooper.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#1233 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm

This guy obviously wants a Tatum tantrum(pun intended) by some of the guys here, to feel his weggies moister up we'd name a player the Celtics took.

We're not into future Khris Middleton' ish players, we don't do it like that.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
chris4celts
Junior

Post#1234 » by chris4celts » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:35 pm

ROballer wrote:This guy obviously wants a Tatum tantrum(pun intended) of some of the guys here, to feel his weggies moister up we'd name a player the Celtics took.

Ball is shooting 36/31/48. You guys need a thicker skin because I have news for you - this is historically putrid. Remember that I saw Rondo in his prime. Ball has skills, but he's no Rondo.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1235 » by TyCobb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 pm

GTFO. You have no idea what you are talking about... lmao.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1236 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Okay, I'll give your guy props. Tatum looks good. But ball is a perfect fit. Our structure relies on ball movement. He is without a doubt #1 in this class when it comes to fit. Balls vision. Is also #1, dude sees the floor like I haven't seen a rookie see the whole floor in a long time. His anticipation is also off the charts. He sees steals 3 steps before they happen. Guys hate his dad. But dudes on the team love this dude, he is an excellent team chemistry glue guy. They have total trust in him, and give up the ball to him without question, because they know they will get the ball back. Unselfish. He is complete opposite the trash his dad is. And that shot?? It's comin around. He's starting to hit and only improving daily. His grip is strong. Very strong hands for a skinny kid. He rips steals from opponents. Sure he needs some improvements. But he's what, 19? Very satisfied with choice thus far.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
chris4celts
Junior

Post#1237 » by chris4celts » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:

Okay, I'll give your guy props. Tatum looks good. But ball is a perfect fit. Our structure relies on ball movement. He is without a doubt #1 in this class when it comes to fit. Balls vision. Is also #1, dude sees the floor like I haven't seen a rookie see the whole floor in a long time. His anticipation is also off the charts. He sees steals 3 steps before they happen. Guys hate his dad. But dudes on the team love this dude, he is an excellent team chemistry glue guy. They have total trust in him, and give up the ball to him without question, because they know they will get the ball back. Unselfish. He is complete opposite the trash his dad is. And that shot?? It's comin around. He's starting to hit and only improving daily. His grip is strong. Very strong hands for a skinny kid. He rips steals from opponents. Sure he needs some improvements. But he's what, 19? Very satisfied with choice thus far.

Fair answer. Thanks, and good luck (although I hope you lose today, no offense).
ak7
Lead Assistant

Post#1238 » by ak7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 pm

chris4celts wrote:
ROballer wrote:This guy obviously wants a Tatum tantrum(pun intended) of some of the guys here, to feel his weggies moister up we'd name a player the Celtics took.

Ball is shooting 36/31/48. You guys need a thicker skin because I have news for you - this is historically putrid. Remember that I saw Rondo in his prime. Ball has skills, but he's no Rondo.

You’re right he’s no Rondo, he’s immensely more impactful offensively. What is your goal here? Are all Celtics fans this slow?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1239 » by TyCobb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 pm

ak7 wrote:You’re right he’s no Rondo, he’s immensely more impactful offensively. What is your goal here? Are all Celtics fans this slow?

He is a Celtics fan and a Yankees fan... it's clear he doesn't understand life.
chris4celts
Junior

Post#1240 » by chris4celts » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:58 pm

TyCobb wrote:
ak7 wrote:You’re right he’s no Rondo, he’s immensely more impactful offensively. What is your goal here? Are all Celtics fans this slow?

He is a Celtics fan and a Yankees fan... it's clear he doesn't understand life.

Ya this confuses many people.

Riddle me this. If Kuzma is your best rookie, how can Lonzo be the right pick at #2?

By the way, Kuzma is really good.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers