Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Re: Official Lonzo Ball Rookie Thread No. 1 

Post#481 » by TheRealKaboom » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 am

Dr Aki wrote:
TheRealKaboom wrote:From Silver Screen & Roll:

"Durant sat down for a two-part podcast with Bill Simmons of The Ringer, and the second half finally dropped. The podcasts have been an interesting window into Durant the person, with Simmons fielding questions from fans for KD to answer.

One of those questions was what games Durant is paying this summer. Spoiler: He’s spending time playing NBA 2K. What was surprising, though, was just how much he’s playing MyGM mode, and how he’s set up his franchise.

"I'm in GM mode, so when they came in I had the Tar Heels. I uploaded them from the Internet and I put them in a franchise so they're an expansion team in my GM mode. I know it's real deep, but I'm like 16 years into my GM mode and I'm making trades," Durant said.

What he said next, though, is the kicker.

"I traded for the No. 1 pick and got Lonzo Ball, he's starting point guard for me," he told Simmons."

Awesome that Durant basically told the biggest Celtic homer/Laker hater in existence that the Celtics messed up by not taking Lonzo #1. They did, they messed up big time.

i don't think he needed to tell Bill Simmons

Bill Simmons himself was a big Lonzo Fan and he was **** himself the day Boston traded down

Typical Simmons in that clip. His point was that Lonzo won't be good because LeBron and George will be on the team next year. Without considering that maybe he'll be even better with teammates like that.

Simmons is the ultimate Celtic troll, and throwing shade on Lakers fans' hopes is his favorite pastime. It's what Celtics fans try to do, and they can go **** themselves.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#482 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:33 am

TheRealKaboom wrote:Simmons is the ultimate Celtic troll, and throwing shade on Lakers fans' hopes is his favorite pastime. It's what Celtics fans try to do, and they can go **** themselves.

So true......especially the end part.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#483 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:55 am

Holy Sh** it's a MONTH till preseason. I'm dyin here. I'm ready to see Lonzo and the squad do it up. First preseason game is against the T-Wolves, which should be good. They are gonna be a legit team this year. I'm actually sorta tempted to goto that one.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#484 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:47 am

The most hyped rookie since LeBron back in 2003. Let's see if he can live up to the expectations.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#485 » by TylersLakers » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:00 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:Mark my words Lonzo Ball will be nothing more than a role player in the NBA.

His role will be to average a triple double and lead consistently elite offenses for roughly the entirety of his career

Your explanation is either sarcasm or you're not very intelligent in reference to your "hot take."
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#486 » by Marionettetc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:Mark my words Lonzo Ball will be nothing more than a role player in the NBA.

His role will be to average a triple double and lead consistently elite offenses for roughly the entirety of his career

Your explanation is either sarcasm or you're not very intelligent in reference to your "hot take."

Sounds like a joke bro, lighten up.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#487 » by Marionettetc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:09 pm

AcecardZ wrote:Should we just retire his number now??? Lol

Guys need to relax a little and see what unfolds. Lonzo should be good but he's not a guaranteed HOF'er by a long shot.

I agree. I once looked back at the past 20 years of drafts in the first round, and the number of players that make an All Star game is like 25%. It's obviously higher at the top and goes down at the end of the first round but yeah.

I say this every year, I'm just happy we drafted talent. Lonzo can play. To the extent he can will be unknown til he, you know, actually plays some seasons in uniform. I was happy about Randle, D'angelo, Ingram, Nance, Zubac, and most importantly we should be really pumped about Kyle Kuzma. You never find talent at 27, and he looks real good. That's house money that low in the draft.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#488 » by dockingsched » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#489 » by TKainZero » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 pm

I expect a slow start from lonzo in the preseason until he has found a groove with his teammates

Hopefully by when the season starts he will be in a groove
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#490 » by JohnVancouver » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:56 pm

"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#491 » by TKainZero » Fri Sep 1, 2017 12:10 am

Kuzma ahead of both nance and Clarkson on the rankings.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#492 » by Princeinrevolt » Fri Sep 1, 2017 5:55 am

Would Lonzo Ball get this much hype if he played for the 76ers??? #THELAKERSEFFECT
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#493 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 6:39 am

Princeinrevolt wrote:Would Lonzo Ball get this much hype if he played for the 76ers??? #THELAKERSEFFECT

Probably. He had this much hype before he played in the NBA. Winning Summer-League MVP, and leading his team to the final only threw fuel to the fire. Being a Laker certainly doesn't hurt.....but his youngest brother has over a million twitter followers. Hardly the Laker effect.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#494 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 6:42 am

I liked it. Brutally honest IMO. Good reviews. I am a bit of a Zubac fan-boy...so I think he got a little slighted, but otherwise I agree almost 100%.

Gotta say....there's alot there to be excited about.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#495 » by AcecardZ » Fri Sep 1, 2017 1:05 pm

Princeinrevolt wrote:Would Lonzo Ball get this much hype if he played for the 76ers??? #THELAKERSEFFECT

Look at Lonzo's FRESHMAN numbers at UCLA. The best numbers for a freshman PG ever. The fact he followed that up with a very respectable Summer League performance and yeah. The kid is deserving of the hype. Living up to it is another question but he keeps beasting everywhere he goes. If he does the same this year we have a legit future all star on our team.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#496 » by Tee212 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:18 pm

I cant wait til we hit like a 10 game streak..all the lakers playoffs naysayers will sing a different tune. i wouldnt be surprised at all. he elevated hs,college and summer league players...now give him real nba players he and they will be even better.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#497 » by stan francisco » Mon Sep 4, 2017 2:43 pm

If you can find the mute button, this is worth watching. Lol.

Pistol Pete... He and Lonzo have a similar stride as they glide down the court. It seems slow, but they're actually leaving everyone behind.

He didn't only throw behind the back passes as this video may suggest but check out the last two plays on this highlight reel. Pistol Pete gave his guys the ball in scoring position with very little effort. That's the type of efficiency I think we can expect from Lonzo as he grows into his own. It's already there, he just has to adjust to NBA speed.

NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#498 » by Goudelock » Mon Sep 4, 2017 7:02 pm

Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#499 » by TyCobb » Thu Sep 7, 2017 6:17 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2017/09/06/lavar-ball-is-apparently-going-to-send-you-crazy-messages-in-nba-2k18-mycareer-mode/105342308/

A month after announcing that Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball will be wearing his own signature Big Baller Brand shoes in the game, NBA 2K revealed that Lonzo's outspoken father, LaVar Ball, will also be included.

:rofl:
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#500 » by Slink » Thu Sep 7, 2017 3:22 pm

LaVar Ball: Steve Nash Too ‘Short and Slow’ to Train Lonzo Ball

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/lavar-ball-steve-nash-short-slow-train-lonzo-ball/#ZvatrOPGfTv4OHrQ.97

Lavar is crap

Return to Los Angeles Lakers