Luol Deng the 6th Man.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Re: Luol Deng the 6th Man. 

Post#61 » by milesfides » Thu Aug 3, 2017 11:34 pm

He won't get enough minutes to do anything except lose value.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#62 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:16 am

mcscotty wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Btw, did I hear somewhere that Deng had a season long injury dragging along last season, and that this issue was dealt with in May?

Yeah....he got old. It's typically recurring. Hard as hell to fix. I think we can count on it affecting him next season as well.

Same age as LeBron.

touche
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#63 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:21 am

stan francisco wrote: He stunk it up. No question about it. I was just wondering if the injury had anything to do with it, but the article from LA Times confirmed it didn't.

I want him packaged with JC and gone before the season starts or by the TD. Was just trying to see a silver lining somewhere.

To your point....He did seem to have a markedly better season the year before. Bad fit?

I'm pretty hard on the guy....but he was certainly a good player, and seems like a good dude. Puts his fair share of effort in defensively, which is more than most can say. Price aside....I thought he'd be a decent player for us.

I just hope we can move him. Even if he has a decent resurgence....he's not what we need.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#64 » by stan francisco » Fri Aug 4, 2017 8:51 am

NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#65 » by stan francisco » Fri Aug 4, 2017 8:53 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
stan francisco wrote: He stunk it up. No question about it. I was just wondering if the injury had anything to do with it, but the article from LA Times confirmed it didn't.

I want him packaged with JC and gone before the season starts or by the TD. Was just trying to see a silver lining somewhere.

To your point....He did seem to have a markedly better season the year before. Bad fit?

I'm pretty hard on the guy....but he was certainly a good player, and seems like a good dude. Puts his fair share of effort in defensively, which is more than most can say. Price aside....I thought he'd be a decent player for us.

I just hope we can move him. Even if he has a decent resurgence....he's not what we need.

Agreed. Another thought on why he under performed: Maybe the DAR childish brat behavior situation was just too much for a humble and level headed vet like him? Chemistry affects certain players a lot more than others, it can take their will out of the game. I know, as a professional, he's paid way beyond having any legit right to let his game be affected anything like that but who knows. He's a super nice guy. All I can say is, if he's on the team, give him the leadership mandate needed for him to feel like the veteran leader he's paid to be.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#66 » by KobeBryant24 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:03 pm

Why didnt this scrub play in the team africa game?
BeanBurrito
Junior
And1: 125

Post#67 » by BeanBurrito » Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:14 pm

KobeBryant24 wrote:Why didnt this scrub play in the team africa game?

I thought he did, no? But if he didn't then it is probably b/c he is recovering from that surgery he had.
Spoiler:
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#68 » by chefy » Sat Aug 5, 2017 10:27 pm

mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#69 » by mcscotty » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:19 am

He tore a pectoral muscle. Probably one step below an ACL or Achilles in terms of severeness. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out till mid season.
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#70 » by KobeBryant24 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 5:05 am

mcscotty wrote:

He tore a pectoral muscle. Probably one step below an ACL or Achilles in terms of severeness. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out till mid season.

Well thats just great.....

Return to Los Angeles Lakers