ImageImageImageImageImage

Brook Lopez thread...when was the last time we had a all-star big?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

Re: RE: Re: Brook Lopez thread...when was the last time we had a all-star big? 

Post#81 » by XXBKXX » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:29 am

rogers49 wrote:
TJM217 wrote:What do you guys think his chances of being here past next year? Is he a 1 year rental or is he in our long term plans?

His huge cap hold (33.5 mil) says he is gone.

This.... Brook Lopez was brought here to do two things...1)make us as competitive as we can this year and 2) more importantly, take advantage of his expiring contract by shedding Deng.

While I'm excited to see what Brook can do for us this year, there is no realistic scenario I can see him coming back to us. Unless we release his rights, (thus removing his cap hold) , sign 2 max players, and then bring Lopez back on a cheap deal. But why would he want to do that? Unless we whiff on max players and we offer Brook a one year max deal to preserve cap for following year FA class a la KCP.

Either way, there should be zero discussion about entertaining giving Brook part of our cap space designated for Max players. That would defeat the purpose of this whole deal.

Brook and KCP are one year rentals..

BK
-------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,675

Re: Brook Lopez thread...when was the last time we had a all-star big? 

Post#82 » by dockingsched » Wed Aug 2, 2017 2:28 am

Haven't read the thread and it's probably already been mentioned, but this thread title is such disrespect to Roy Hibbert. Roy has been in an all star game more recently than Lopez and more times than Lopez. Respect where respect is due.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#83 » by TheRealKaboom » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:00 am

dockingsched wrote:Haven't read the thread and it's probably already been mentioned, but this thread title is such disrespect to Roy Hibbert. Roy has been in an all star game more recently than Lopez and more times than Lopez. Respect where respect is due.

:rofl2:
meetbishop
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#84 » by meetbishop » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:16 pm

Its amazing how we are down playing the Brook Lopez trade. Infact Brook Lopen and LaMarcus Aldridge who is better? seriously. who is better?

See all the noise we made when we wanted to get Aldridge who is 32 and not an all-round offensive player that Brook is. We got an all star player and we are downplaying it like its nothing.

I will be first to say it and i know people will say i am crazy but if Brook gets a little help from the young guys we will make the playoffs. I think Brook is that good!!
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#85 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:07 pm

Brook Lopez isn't an All Star player, dear lord.....
meetbishop
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#86 » by meetbishop » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:53 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:Brook Lopez isn't an All Star player, dear lord.....

Is his 2013 allstar appearance invalid??
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#87 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:22 pm

meetbishop wrote:

This is 2017.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,675

Post#88 » by dockingsched » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:25 pm

Since a 2013 all star appearance is relevant, can't wait for the lakers to trot out their all star starting front court

Pf: Luol Deng
C: Brook Lopez
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#89 » by Dloading99 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:41 pm

Hey We got Lopez we gotta hope that he becomes a great center for us.

and maybe he puts it all together here on the Lakers. we traded Russell for him. he's gotta be part of something. please tell me Russell just wasn't a salary dump. have Lopez be part of this team and the young players.

kind of funny but didn't Luol Deng just stop showing up to games at some point last season. like dude just wasn't even on the bench dressed dude just didn't show up. but I don't blame him. Magic was like you are not playing another game this season.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#90 » by RingsDontLie » Tue Nov 7, 2017 10:51 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
meetbishop wrote:

This is 2017.

Have you changed your mind in regards to Lopez. I know this is an August thread, but you guys were on my case for being excited about this guy. :crazy:
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#91 » by Dloading99 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 1:36 am

Bring it back Rings Don't lie Bring it back and I'm glad you did.

so we can see everyone in here who was right. and who was on the lopez bandwagon you included. I asked for this thread to come back so you all can I was on it and what I said about Brooke being like Gronk with brady and Brooke being like that with Lonzo. glad to see him flourishing.

We knew he would put up numbers. But let's be clear Lakers can't get cute with the Superstars and let Lopez sign with a team like Orlando who will throw money at him. cause what he does Teams will be coveting. he's such a great player to have on the court. when I said the Tim Duncan stuff I was talking about his skill set as a big. he just makes it easy for others on the Court. really glad to see him be a part of the team we are developing. real talk with him Kuzma Ball Ingram Lopez we have some high basketball IQ great character guys. I like what we are developing into. I think this team can do some things this season. just let them develop. Lopez gets DEM buckets.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers