ImageImageImageImageImage

Paul George traded to OKC

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Paul George traded to OKC 

Post#121 » by Landsberger » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:40 am

NBAWestFan wrote:PG has had enough of the cold.

KD did not stay because they could not build a champtionship team.

Doubt PG will stay long term.

OKC will be in a better position than us for a couple reasons. First they are a playoff team and second they can offer him a longer deal. This next deal will most likely be his biggest/longest. I don't think you can underestimate that in today's market.

This will test his resolve to what he's supposedly said before. My guess is that we will have to sign LeBron and some depth before he fully decides next year. Should be entertaining.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#122 » by BEazy » Tue Jul 4, 2017 4:15 am

Why does it have to be LeBron? smh.... Of all the stars in the league it has to be LeBron...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Post#123 » by Jedi32 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 4:23 am

I doubt we need lebron for anything. I haven't heard anything about lebron needing to be here for George to come.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#124 » by gts1 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 4:54 am

I think we need to move past the whole Lebron thing, I'm not even sure who started up with that nonsense... I cannot for the life of me think of a scenario where the Lakers are that attractive.. Lebron will want a realistic chance at the title, if he moves from a team that already gives him a 95% chance at making the finals he'd go to a similar type of team. Not a team that's basically in a ground up rebuild since the new FO has decided to embrace the previous regimes plans...

As for PG waiting for the Lakers to sign Lebron before making a decision... that needs to be reversed... Lebron would be the one waiting to see who the Lakers brought on board and I wonder if Paul George is enough honestly.. He's got Kyrie now, one of the top players in the league (arguably better than P George) and a roster full of solid role players. the Cavs are right there, with a bit of retooling they can give the Warriors a series.. one injury to the Warriors big three he's (Lebron) looking at another championship

If Lebron were to move to the West it would be a team with a realistic chance to get past the Warriors and with the Lakers front office predicting a 3-5 year rebuild just to be able to make some noise in the playoffs (and looking like they mean it if this offseason is an indicator) at Lebrons age and mileage I cannot fathom him thinking that's a good move...
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#125 » by Landsberger » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:31 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Why does it have to be LeBron? smh.... Of all the stars in the league it has to be LeBron...

It doesn't I was just reiterating the narrative that's out there.

From the ownership's standpoint LeBron puts them back on the map from a PR, merchandising and times on national TV standpoint however.

2 max slots. George and......
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#126 » by tviper » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:40 am

Lebron coming to LAL would not be about winning titles necessarily. It would be about combining with the Laker brand to raise his brand to another level. Also probably thinking about life after basketball and who better to have as your mentor in that regard than Magic? I don't think it is that far-fetched at all, and believe that there have been conversations behind the scenes with other players to gauge their interest.

Magic is no fool, regardless of how he comes off sometimes. They are keeping the cap clear to bring PG and Lebron in next year IMO. With good young players in place, Lopez now on the roster, the possibility is taking shape.

Many Laker fans seem to be against seeing Lebron in a Laker jersey, but the hype would be astronomical if the possibility turned into a probability next June and I think most would get on board.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#127 » by Dloading99 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:32 am

The reason Lakers fans aren't believing this Lebron to L.A. stuff is because we got Trolled before. Rich Paul met with Mitch and mitch got on the plane and met with Rich paul and it was just a meeting to inform them that he was flattered but he's going to Cleveland. Lebron doesn't need his brand enhanced or combined. he's already got an office at Warner Bros. Studios. they are developing T.V. Shows in 96 Shaq was trying to get into movies. Lebron is already a big businessman he doesn't need advice from Magic he's got pizza franchises all kinds of stuff. and the Billion at Nike. Lebron can play for the Utah Jazz and still be the biggest selling athlete in basketball.

The Lakers team has to look very good to have Lebron consider them. make the playoffs good win a game against Golden State good.

pieces are in place Lebron likes stretch Centers obviously Tristan Thompson can't do that. but he has his big who can shoot three's in Lopez. and a big that he can get the ball to into the post making it easier for him to score.

Lebron would want to play with a Length forward that can play two Ingram and still score doesn't have that. Russell would've been his mid range point guard like Kyrie but he has Lonzo who's a 6,6 version of him with his ability to find players and make it easier for them to play.

And at this point in his career he probably doesn't want to have to run the offense. so this makes sense. Houston makes sense with Chris Paul and Harden and like I said I'm nervous about that because Chris Paul Chose Houston like he knows he has a definite chance to win a championship.

You'll hear Lebron will meet with Lakers Rockets Heat Suns Sixers Sours and Clippers. But unless Lebron can get a piece of ownership after he retires with the Lakers I see him going to Houston.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#128 » by BEazy » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:57 am

tviper wrote:Lebron coming to LAL would not be about winning titles necessarily. It would be about combining with the Laker brand to raise his brand to another level. Also probably thinking about life after basketball and who better to have as your mentor in that regard than Magic? I don't think it is that far-fetched at all, and believe that there have been conversations behind the scenes with other players to gauge their interest.

Magic is no fool, regardless of how he comes off sometimes. They are keeping the cap clear to bring PG and Lebron in next year IMO. With good young players in place, Lopez now on the roster, the possibility is taking shape.

Many Laker fans seem to be against seeing Lebron in a Laker jersey, but the hype would be astronomical if the possibility turned into a probability next June and I think most would get on board.

I really don't like LeBron. I pray that he never dons a Laker jersey, EVER.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Indy2LA
Junior
And1: 271

Post#129 » by Indy2LA » Tue Jul 4, 2017 8:31 am

There are fans here who would actually pass on Lebron James? You all sound crazy. He's the best basketball player in the world and our team **** sucks :lol:
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#130 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Jul 4, 2017 9:54 am

I say pass. I sound crazy. I don't think he is the best basketball player right now and more so in 2018. I prefer Kawhii but it's longer than a long shot.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#131 » by Landsberger » Tue Jul 4, 2017 2:45 pm

LeBron has made himself hard to like however he is probably available if you look at his past. He has no issues leaving very good teams to go to other rising or instantly good teams. I don't see him coming to a 20 something win team like we're going to be. Even if we get Bron and George what will be left other than Ball? This crop of rookies better all be home runs.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#132 » by RingsDontLie » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:40 pm

We can't get George hill but we gonna get lebron? Stop the nonsense.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#133 » by Dloading99 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 8:09 am

Yo Rings George hill was never in place. that was ploy to get his money offers up and it worked got his nice contract. teams always do that. throw the lakers out there to get a payday.

You trade your young superstar Russell for capspace you gotta have some superstars in place. hope it's Lebron cause if they don't get a superstar. they are going to look stupid.

And the ratings will look huge on Spectrum sports When Big Magic gets on Camera and says Well Laker fans I told you I would get two superstars well here they are and they will be?????????????????????????? come on Lebron. it's great to play for an organization like this watching Magic play I always saw my game like his. Lonzo has great ability Brandon he's so long. he's like Kawaii but I don't even think Brandon knows how good Brandon can be. I know Brook from my eastern conference days and Julius is a beast. we can win it's not just about me what I like about this team. it's about Team. that's how we'll win it. and I want to teach these guys. Lonzo wants to win. and they do a lot of what I do on the court. it's a new team I think winning in Cleveland and Miami I've done it in different teams. and doing it for this franchise which is the best franchise in sports will be that much sweeter. I just strive for greatness.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#134 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jul 6, 2017 7:23 am

Indy2LA wrote:There are fans here who would actually pass on Lebron James? You all sound crazy. He's the best basketball player in the world and our team **** sucks :lol:

They wouldn't if LeBron was taking a discount

But in 2018 with the myriad of choices available, there are plenty of younger MVP caliber options that might serve the Lakers a lot longer and better than a few years (at most) than LeBron at age 34, never knowing when that back is going to break (because he hard carries) and injuries finally show
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#135 » by Slava » Thu Jul 6, 2017 8:55 am

I kind of like what OKC has going this season, not that it would stop them from being curb stomped by the Warriors but its still nicely put together and Presti had his best offseason in ages.

Adams
Patterson
George
Roberson
Westbrook
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#136 » by DaddyCool19 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:16 pm

I think even if OKC makes the WCF and don't get swept, Georges chances to join the Lakers should be slightly higher then signing a 5 year deal in OKC. My question would be can you guys sign him and another guy on a max deal if the cap is only around 105M?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#137 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 1:51 pm

Indy2LA wrote:There are fans here who would actually pass on Lebron James? You all sound crazy. He's the best basketball player in the world and our team **** sucks :lol:

wouldn't pass on him but wouldn't be my first choice (that would be Westbrook). At the end of the day dealing with Lebron, despite being the best player in the world, is dealing with his painful antics and his 'cupcakeness'. He whinges about everything.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#138 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:01 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:I think even if OKC makes the WCF and don't get swept, Georges chances to join the Lakers should be slightly higher then signing a 5 year deal in OKC. My question would be can you guys sign him and another guy on a max deal if the cap is only around 105M?

We'd be pretty close.
We'd have to get rid of either Clarkson , or ideally Deng, to comfortably fit two max contracts in after next year .
If we can't trade Deng, we can also stretch him . I believe that mivebwould also get us to a point of being able to sign two max deals .
Formerly lakerRD
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#139 » by TylersLakers » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:29 pm

Slava wrote:I kind of like what OKC has going this season, not that it would stop them from being curb stomped by the Warriors but its still nicely put together and Presti had his best offseason in ages.

Adams
Patterson
George
Roberson
Westbrook

Yep. It won't be easy to pry him from that roster, especially given the trash we'll trot out this year.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#140 » by Pointgod » Thu Jul 6, 2017 5:33 pm

Slava wrote:I kind of like what OKC has going this season, not that it would stop them from being curb stomped by the Warriors but its still nicely put together and Presti had his best offseason in ages.

Adams
Patterson
George
Roberson
Westbrook

It looks like Westbrook, George and 3 offensively inept role players. I'm from Toronto and I've seen enough Raptors games to know that Patrick Patterson should be coming off the bench and even then he's limited in what he gives a team.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers