Tarik Black Waived

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Re: Tarik Black Waived 

Post#21 » by Jedi32 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 1:12 am

Slava wrote:

tarikbblack wrote:This picture best describes my time here in LA. It's been absolutely amazing and invigorating. I would like to thank the Lakers for an amazing ride and being there for me. From the staff, the team, and the fans I am indescribably grateful. You all opened the doors for me to live a dream to play for such an organization. I love you all and the Lakers are forever in my heart

Salute Tarik you'll be missed
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#22 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jul 2, 2017 1:56 am

i love this dude. especially at the time we were starved of talent. great guy. but just wasnt that good. best of luck tarik!

also, glad that we're now committed to zubac's development.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#23 » by BEazy » Sun Jul 2, 2017 2:11 am

Was always a fan of Tarik, but that 6.6 million we saved was the deciding factor. He'll have a long career in the NBA, his journey is just beginning. Hope one day he gets a ring. Best of luck Tarik!

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#24 » by Mirjalovic » Sun Jul 2, 2017 12:48 pm

sucks. i like him.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#25 » by stan francisco » Sun Jul 2, 2017 2:36 pm

Slava wrote:This probably means we are ready to throw some big 1 year deal at someone.

Lopez fills the positional need (together with an improved Zubac and added T Bryant). Tarik became expendable.

I'll miss him, too, but it's the right move based on our needs. The money will be put toward buying us a forward.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#26 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 8:28 pm

Wish he'd been a better player. One of those guys you really wanted to do well...and be your main bench big. Talent wasn't there though. Some flashes...but never any consistency. Once Zubac emerged, it was clear he was gonna get waived. Already there's a higher ceiling on Zubac.

Just hope the guy gets a nice deal somewhere. Best of luck

Return to Los Angeles Lakers