Re: The Official Summer league thread-Vegas 2017 edition 

Post#261 » by The Skyhook » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:30 am

Read on Twitter
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Summer league overall new Lakers 

Post#262 » by Dloading99 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:03 am

I was in Maui Hawaii and I was so stoked to have my Spectrum lakers channel. got a chance to watch all the Lakers games. and come on here and lurk and read all of the smack between yall.

Observations I'm doing this and it's just my opinion but here's what I see out of these guys.

1. Lonzo Ball/Magic Johnson Penny Hardaway Steph Curry Type of player.

Reasons can't shoot it like Curry but the ability to play his game at his own pace and dictate the pace of play the game will be played at is very similar to Curry when you watch steph everyone who is defending him is on their toes not knowing if he's going to pull up or find a teammate on a dime. the team just runs exciting basketball. like Magic with Showtime the team gets out and runs and he just finds others all over the court.

When I first saw the clipper game I said hall of fame talent on the first play. the alley - oop to Brandon Ingram was perfect. no other NBA player makes that play maybe Lebron James. first summer league play. I say okay he's the best player in the draft. he makes winning plays. I watched that clipper game people will say he sucked. but he did a lot of good in that game. and still got Ingram 26. they were still in the game. he got the ball to ingram in all his right spots. his ability to make others better is exceptional.

Like Curry with the warriors. he instills a confidence in the team. that they can win any game or beat any team. he has the team playing fun. I saw the same thing at UCLA. and the Lakers look like UCLA. he had KYLE KUZMA looking Like TJ Leaf. Matt Thomas and carusso looked like Bryce Alford.

The game where he had 36 in front of Lebron the sixers game. it was an efficient 36 like he knew exactly where he needed to go to get his points. he knew when he needed to penetrate. he knew when he needed to take Three's. the Brooklyn game when he came out firing showing that he was ready showing he can score with anybody. he was playing against their starting team.

The Dallas game where he ran circles on Dennis Smith. he elevated his play against the best player. he scored at will. from three posting up. getting others involved with amazing assists down the court. it was fun great basketball to watch it was enjoyable basketball.

The full court passes touchdown throws to Kyle Kuzma were great. Hall of fame all star talent level. last guy I saw doing that was kidd Magic. the dude is a beast. Philly should've drafted him. I've been saying it all along. the player is a star I don't care how good a scorer fultz is Ball can do everything. he will be an all level all nba defender like kobe with his ability to get deflections.

This Fultz Ball looks like Iverson Kobe to me all over again. Ball is a guy who doesn't care he always thinks he can win and compete for championships and that's what you want.

When I saw Deangelos first game against Minnesota in summer league. you saw it right away with his pull up step back against Minnesota swish. star player. pure scorer. but he couldn't get it going until the Utah game. I didn't see that with Lonzo making myself think we'll he's gonna have one good game. he just got kept balling. the clipper game was a little lukewarm but he still made plays. he balled every game he played after that. and that says STAR PLAYER.

Kyle Kuzma/Klay Thompson Draymond Green/Larry Bird.

now don't go crazy on the comparisons. these are his ceilings. I've been around basketball. I've worked in basketball. and what I see in this guy is a pure scorer. he's a pure shooter. the Larry Bird I see in him Klay Thompson I see in him is an ability to catch and shoot. not think just shoot and let it fly. rare players have that. it's an ability that no matter where you're at you are going to let that ball fly. which allows you to put it on the floor and get high efficient shots. the reason I mention those players Bird and Klay is because they aren't that athletic but they can put the ball on the floor when they need to. they don't have the best handles like a Lebron or Steph but they are crafty enough to put the ball on the floor. can post up. and score over you. or just catch the ball on the fly and shoot.

Bird about 6,9 240. Kuzma 6,9 240. idiots who say he won't shoot like that in the regular season just don't watch basketball this guy can shoot. when I saw the tape at Utah yeah he can shoot. Klay came out as a junior to.

And I don't care what any NBA exec tells you. there are about 20 teams who wish they would've drafted Kyle Kuzma and their are two in the top five that wish they would've have. you can debate with me all you want but I know what I know.

This kid is a stud. Draymond his ability to guard 1-thru 5 he can switch worthy did a great in game on him on the play with him switching on Yogi Ferrell. and then the kid goes to the other end of court and runs down the court for the dunk. he's being that James Worthy Finishing for Ball on those long throws down the court.

His basketball IQ is great. Same with Lonzo Ball great basketball IQ. Lonzo and Kuzma both have great athletic ability. both can play in pick and roll.

Kuzma to me really can play shooting guard and small forward.

Kuzma allows Brandon Ingram to play shooting guard. Kuzma can play small forward and Ball can play point guard. these three together are going to be great. and I haven't even gotten to Randle and Lopez.

So overall assessment. All you gotta do is bring in Lebron James you don't need to bring in anyone else. or we can just build through are own team. like the warriors we are now deep at every position and can play any style you want unlike other teams in the league.

Brook Lopez to me is a long term acquisition. think of Andrew Bogut both sides were on different sides trading Ellis. same with us. some are steaming about the Russell trade some are saying it's great. I'm still pissed about cause I thought Russell could definitely play with Ball and Ball would make Russell an all star and make him look like James Harden. I wanted to see Russell with ball. but I get it. we got a Klay Thompson type of player in Kuzma and who knows if we don't do this trade do we get him. does he get drafted by someone else. would Brooklyn take Jordan Clarkson for the 27 pick. in this talent loaded draft I don't think so.

Now to Lopez and our overall team. This player is perfect allows us to play pick and Roll with Ball and Ingram can you imagine the spacing and open offense with Ball Kuzma Ingram Lopez on the same unit together. we can play any way we want now.

Zubac looks slow of foot. very out of shape. moving like he has molasses in his shoes. looks like this system is not suited for him. with Russell it was and I give Michael Lucky credit for bringing up a great point. it was more of a half court offense for him. Russell can play that pick and roll. sometimes they would just throw the ball to zubac in the post and let him work. Ball is more pick it up and let's run move that ball around. this is how luke wants to play. Lopez is more suited for this. it's why I think Lopez will be here on a long deal. then put Zubac in after four years or you know what let Lopez be the center then have Thomas Bryant step in.

Don't trip out the free agents. all we need is Lebron and we are good. our situation looks like the best for him.

Ball Kuzma Ingram Lopez all what he wants to win championships. our team looks great. Kuzma and Ball best draft of any NBA team this season by far. great job Magic and Rob. Lakers hit a home run with this one.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Re: Summer league overall new Lakers 

Post#263 » by Dloading99 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:13 am

The Robert Horry Kuzma comparisons are lazy. Kuzma has way more moves then Horry. Robert Horry was set shoot. Kuzma is catch shoot. Horry wasn't as good as a post player as Kuzma is now. I think Horry had more athletic moves but Kuzma is more skilled.

Thomas Bryant Great motor this kid is going to find his way in the rotation. stretch five that has athletic ability that a lot of people didn't see. he can play great in the pick and roll and rebound.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#264 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 am

Let's keep this in the Summer League thread...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#265 » by KobeBryant24 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 am

He shoulda did the ice in my veins
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#266 » by dipstick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:54 am

I think everyone should be reminded that we are in Summer League. Its nice to be high on certain players and for sure this is can be an indication of how some of the players will play in the NBA, but the speed, the physicality and obviously the talent will be much greater when the regular season will come.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Re: Lakers Win 2017 Vegas Summer League - Lonzo MVP - Kuzma FMVP 

Post#267 » by Jedi32 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:12 am

congrats to the boys for the summer league chip and congrats to lonzo :nod: :nod: :nod:
Texas_Lakers
Senior
And1: 354

Post#268 » by Texas_Lakers » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:22 am

Dloading99 wrote:I was in Maui Hawaii and I was so stoked to have my Spectrum lakers channel. got a chance to watch all the Lakers games. and come on here and lurk and read all of the smack between yall.

Observations I'm doing this and it's just my opinion but here's what I see out of these guys.

Reasons can't shoot it like Curry but the ability to play his game at his own pace and dictate the pace of play the game will be played at is very similar to Curry when you watch steph everyone who is defending him is on their toes not knowing if he's going to pull up or find a teammate on a dime. the team just runs exciting basketball. like Magic with Showtime the team gets out and runs and he just finds others all over the court.

When I first saw the clipper game I said hall of fame talent on the first play. the alley - oop to Brandon Ingram was perfect. no other NBA player makes that play maybe Lebron James. first summer league play. I say okay he's the best player in the draft. he makes winning plays. I watched that clipper game people will say he sucked. but he did a lot of good in that game. and still got Ingram 26. they were still in the game. he got the ball to ingram in all his right spots. his ability to make others better is exceptional.

Like Curry with the warriors. he instills a confidence in the team. that they can win any game or beat any team. he has the team playing fun. I saw the same thing at UCLA. and the Lakers look like UCLA. he had KYLE KUZMA looking Like TJ Leaf. Matt Thomas and carusso looked like Bryce Alford.

The game where he had 36 in front of Lebron the sixers game. it was an efficient 36 like he knew exactly where he needed to go to get his points. he knew when he needed to penetrate. he knew when he needed to take Three's. the Brooklyn game when he came out firing showing that he was ready showing he can score with anybody. he was playing against their starting team.

The Dallas game where he ran circles on Dennis Smith. he elevated his play against the best player. he scored at will. from three posting up. getting others involved with amazing assists down the court. it was fun great basketball to watch it was enjoyable basketball.

The full court passes touchdown throws to Kyle Kuzma were great. Hall of fame all star talent level. last guy I saw doing that was kidd Magic. the dude is a beast. Philly should've drafted him. I've been saying it all along. the player is a star I don't care how good a scorer fultz is Ball can do everything. he will be an all level all nba defender like kobe with his ability to get deflections.

This Fultz Ball looks like Iverson Kobe to me all over again. Ball is a guy who doesn't care he always thinks he can win and compete for championships and that's what you want.

When I saw Deangelos first game against Minnesota in summer league. you saw it right away with his pull up step back against Minnesota swish. star player. pure scorer. but he couldn't get it going until the Utah game. I didn't see that with Lonzo making myself think we'll he's gonna have one good game. he just got kept balling. the clipper game was a little lukewarm but he still made plays. he balled every game he played after that. and that says STAR PLAYER.

now don't go crazy on the comparisons. these are his ceilings. I've been around basketball. I've worked in basketball. and what I see in this guy is a pure scorer. he's a pure shooter. the Larry Bird I see in him Klay Thompson I see in him is an ability to catch and shoot. not think just shoot and let it fly. rare players have that. it's an ability that no matter where you're at you are going to let that ball fly. which allows you to put it on the floor and get high efficient shots. the reason I mention those players Bird and Klay is because they aren't that athletic but they can put the ball on the floor when they need to. they don't have the best handles like a Lebron or Steph but they are crafty enough to put the ball on the floor. can post up. and score over you. or just catch the ball on the fly and shoot.

Bird about 6,9 240. Kuzma 6,9 240. idiots who say he won't shoot like that in the regular season just don't watch basketball this guy can shoot. when I saw the tape at Utah yeah he can shoot. Klay came out as a junior to.

And I don't care what any NBA exec tells you. there are about 20 teams who wish they would've drafted Kyle Kuzma and their are two in the top five that wish they would've have. you can debate with me all you want but I know what I know.

This kid is a stud. Draymond his ability to guard 1-thru 5 he can switch worthy did a great in game on him on the play with him switching on Yogi Ferrell. and then the kid goes to the other end of court and runs down the court for the dunk. he's being that James Worthy Finishing for Ball on those long throws down the court.

His basketball IQ is great. Same with Lonzo Ball great basketball IQ. Lonzo and Kuzma both have great athletic ability. both can play in pick and roll.

Kuzma allows Brandon Ingram to play shooting guard. Kuzma can play small forward and Ball can play point guard. these three together are going to be great. and I haven't even gotten to Randle and Lopez.

So overall assessment. All you gotta do is bring in Lebron James you don't need to bring in anyone else. or we can just build through are own team. like the warriors we are now deep at every position and can play any style you want unlike other teams in the league.

Brook Lopez to me is a long term acquisition. think of Andrew Bogut both sides were on different sides trading Ellis. same with us. some are steaming about the Russell trade some are saying it's great. I'm still pissed about cause I thought Russell could definitely play with Ball and Ball would make Russell an all star and make him look like James Harden. I wanted to see Russell with ball. but I get it. we got a Klay Thompson type of player in Kuzma and who knows if we don't do this trade do we get him. does he get drafted by someone else. would Brooklyn take Jordan Clarkson for the 27 pick. in this talent loaded draft I don't think so.

Now to Lopez and our overall team. This player is perfect allows us to play pick and Roll with Ball and Ingram can you imagine the spacing and open offense with Ball Kuzma Ingram Lopez on the same unit together. we can play any way we want now.

Zubac looks slow of foot. very out of shape. moving like he has molasses in his shoes. looks like this system is not suited for him. with Russell it was and I give Michael Lucky credit for bringing up a great point. it was more of a half court offense for him. Russell can play that pick and roll. sometimes they would just throw the ball to zubac in the post and let him work. Ball is more pick it up and let's run move that ball around. this is how luke wants to play. Lopez is more suited for this. it's why I think Lopez will be here on a long deal. then put Zubac in after four years or you know what let Lopez be the center then have Thomas Bryant step in.

Don't trip out the free agents. all we need is Lebron and we are good. our situation looks like the best for him.

Ball Kuzma Ingram Lopez all what he wants to win championships. our team looks great. Kuzma and Ball best draft of any NBA team this season by far. great job Magic and Rob. Lakers hit a home run with this one.

Great read, you do make a lot interesting points.
2018 Los Angeles Rams
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#269 » by TheRealKaboom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 am

anarchy24 wrote:The guy with no shot was knocking down midrange jumpers while our knock down 3 point shooting superstar was chucking up bricks.

One summer league game felt a lot like the game in the tournament. Fox clearly the better player now and career. We whiffed. Should have traded down, picked up another asset and picked Fox.

The game performance trend will continue...

What's funny is going back through this thread and finding posts like this from impostor Laker fans. For some reason they never have the Lakers logo as one of their favorite teams but refer to the Lakers in posts as "we". Do they not think their agenda is transparent?

:rofl2: :rofl2:
Leor_77
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#270 » by Leor_77 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:41 am

If you take out that horrible Clippers game, he's actually shooting about 48% from the field.
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#271 » by DS17 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:18 am

Dloading99 wrote:I was in Maui Hawaii and I was so stoked to have my Spectrum lakers channel. got a chance to watch all the Lakers games. and come on here and lurk and read all of the smack between yall.

I stopped reading when you said 2 out of the top 5 teams in the lottery would have picked Kuzma had they known of his talent
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#272 » by BEazy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:21 am

Safe to say haters are on full suicide watch now. They are literally coming up with the most stupid arguments just to discredit Lonzo. It's pretty pathetic and hilarious.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#273 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:41 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Safe to say haters are on full suicide watch now. They are literally coming up with the most stupid arguments just to discredit Lonzo. It's pretty pathetic and hilarious.

don't leave us hanging bro, links?
Forum permissions