ImageImageImageImageImage

George Hill discussing 1 yr deal with Lakers

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Re: George Hill discussing 1 yr deal with Lakers 

Post#101 » by Laker_Kid » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:19 pm

welp. so much for that. lol who's the next leftover we're looking at?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,516

Post#102 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:19 pm

Well there goes that.

Back to Waiters and Rondo. Gross!

Nice boost for the Kings. Probably makes them better than us at this point. If the Suns play Bledsoe a full season with Booker, we're probably the worst team in the West right now.
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#103 » by hazy_01 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:21 pm

It's deja vu all over again
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,823

Post#104 » by TyCobb » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:26 pm

It would have been some crazy ish if they got Hill in a one year deal. Would have been so perfect for the Lakers, but if it's too good to be true (unless their initials are LB) then it usually is.

Time to focus on orchestrating these Millsap to Den and Gallo to Clippers moves collecting picks and expiring contracts.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#105 » by Up-And-Coming » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:30 pm

:cry:
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#106 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:31 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:Well there goes that.

Nice boost for the Kings. Probably makes them better than us at this point. If the Suns play Bledsoe a full season with Booker, we're probably the worst team in the West right now.

Lol, that day was fun while it lasted. Honestly I'm not really surprised this offseason is playing out this way. We saw Jim and Mitch and try the same shenanigans and we saw the kind of FAs you attract when you're only offering one year deals, and typically it's not players like Hill.

People's patience with Magic is gonna be tested when they have to watch this team lose nearly 60 games and hand over a likely top 5 pick to the Sixers or Celtics.
Numbers rule the universe.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,292

Post#107 » by Jedi32 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:32 pm

Would have been nice but considering his age and injury history he had to take the extra years. oh well on to the next.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#108 » by The Skyhook » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:35 pm

Im heartbroken
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#109 » by DNP-Old » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:41 pm

Pythagoras wrote:

Lol, that day was fun while it lasted. Honestly I'm not really surprised this offseason is playing out this way. We saw Jim and Mitch and try the same shenanigans and we saw the kind of FAs you attract when you're only offering one year deals, and typically it's not players like Hill.

People's patience with Magic is gonna be tested when they have to watch this team lose nearly 60 games and hand over a likely top 5 pick to the Sixers or Celtics.

I don't understand this thinking. What do you think "people" expected Magic to do from the time he took over until now? That "likely top 5 pick" has been owed for years, LAL has been lucky to have kicked that can down the road as far as possible and saved the 1st owed to Orlando.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#110 » by Jedi32 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:43 pm

Typical realgm general board, when the lakers were discussing a 1 yr deal it was "what are the lakers thinking they have ball this makes no sense". Now the kings have gotten him "hey great signing he can mentor their young point guards" smh
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#111 » by Jedi32 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:47 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

I don't understand this thinking. What do you think "people" expected Magic to do from the time he took over until now? That "likely top 5 pick" has been owed for years, LAL has been lucky to have kicked that can down the road as far as possible and saved the 1st owed to Orlando.

Exactly it's almost as if folks hope magic/rob fail. This hill thing is minor, like I said before with his injury history and age he needed more years. Magic and Rob are staying the course and have let it be known they value next year's free agents over this years. They are doing fine so far imo.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,972

Post#112 » by Landsberger » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:57 pm

New leadership with the same results. I like that they tried to convince him to come here but in the end a 3yr/57M deal is about what you can expect in this environment. No reason for a guy with some history of injury to turn down years at this age. Maybe if we were a 50 win team but just the Laker name and Magic's smile isn't going to work.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,412

Post#113 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:57 pm

Nooooo this means we are going sniff at Rondo's angry zombie carcass again
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#114 » by gts1 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:58 pm

Vlade outselling Magic, the Kings of all teams.. the most dysfunctional mess in the league...lol
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#115 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:59 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Right, and Magic, knowing that pick is owed, downgraded the team in the name of future cap flexibility. Like I said, being ok with something bad that's coming in the future is not the same thing as dealing with it when it comes.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,412

Post#116 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:59 pm

if you think about it, HIll would have had a really strong chance of being moved at the deadline, so for him to take 1 year and not worry about injury at his age AND to possibly get shipped out to the highest bidder by the lakers... totally see why he would not do it.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#117 » by MadNESS » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:00 pm

Players don't typically want 1 year deals, especially guys seeking money
LAKESHOW
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#118 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:02 pm

Jedi32 wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Exactly it's almost as if folks hope magic/rob fail. This hill thing is minor, like I said before with his injury history and age he needed more years. Magic and Rob are staying the course and have let it be known they value next year's free agents over this years. They are doing fine so far imo.

No one is rooting for anyone to fail, spare me.
Leor_77
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#119 » by Leor_77 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:04 pm

I want Mitch & Jim back.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#120 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:04 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Nooooo this means we are going sniff at Rondo's angry zombie carcass again

If Rondo is anywhere near this team when the season starts I'm going to puke.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers