ImageImageImageImageImage

Avery Bradley on the Market?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

dontforget
Senior
And1: 440

Avery Bradley on the Market? 

Post#1 » by dontforget » Wed Jul 5, 2017 6:51 pm

Thought this deserved it's own thread, but please move if necessary.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/07/05/celtics-trade-cap-space-gordon-hayward/

"One of those moves was to renounce the contract of Kelly Olynyk and make him an unrestricted free agent, which has already happened. They would also need to jettison the contracts of Jonas Jerebko, Gerald Green, James Young, Jordan Mickey, and Demetrius Jackson, whether via waivers or trade.

According to Marks, that would leave the Celtics with $27.6 million in cap space, which would force them to trade the contract of one of their core rotation players – namely Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, or Terry Rozier.

Crowder would make the most sense from a basketball standpoint, as the Celtics are now top-heavy with a logjam at small forward with Hayward, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum. But Bradley would represent the most immediate need to extract value as he is entering the final year of his contract. Crowder is signed for three more seasons at an average cap hit of just $7.3 million according to Spotrac."

I know people think Boston wont want to deal with the Lakers because of that 2018 pick, but Avery Bradley is potentially on the market and I personally would love to see if the Lakers can offer a package to get Bradley. He can score, shoot the 3, and play excellent D. I wonder what the Celtics would be looking for in a Bradley deal.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Re: Avery Bradley on the Market? 

Post#2 » by MAMBAEMD » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:09 pm

I like Bradley.
I think he'd be a great veteran addition to our young team.

Couple of things:
I very much doubt Ainge trades him to us. He wants us to be bad next year in order to protect that 2018 pick.

I also think that between Bradley, Crowder, and Smart, Bradley would be the one they'd like to keep. He's the best player out of all of them.
Ainge's problem is that Bradely is expiring after next year and he'll command a big contract after 2018, and they may not be able to afford him.

All in all, I doubt they'd trade him at all, let alone to us.
Formerly lakerRD
dontforget
Senior

Post#3 » by dontforget » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:32 pm

I agree with it's unlikely Ainge would trade Bradley to the Lakers, however, from reading a bunch articles from the Celtics perspective, the general belief is the Celtics need to trade Bradley as he is good as gone after next year. They'd rather keep young cost controlled assets like Smart and Rozier and Crowder is locked into a long affordable deal as well. Also, most believe that they would ship Bradley out at a throwaway price. Teams know Boston needs to shed a deal. I watched one podcast saying a dream scenario is if the Celtics could get a cheap serviceable big or a late 1st rd pick with Boston likely settling for a couple of 2nd rd picks.

I'd say Rob should offer them a Kuzma or Hart and a future 2nd rd pick and make Ainge say no to the Lakers.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#4 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:39 pm

If anything he's going to the clips. Doc has special status with Celtics.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#5 » by MelosSoreWrist » Wed Jul 5, 2017 8:49 pm

Lakers main goals are developing their young talent and opening up 2 max slots next offseason. Giving up assets for a 1 year rental doesnt make much sense esp one that may take minutes away from the young guys.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
dontforget
Senior

Post#6 » by dontforget » Wed Jul 5, 2017 9:32 pm

MelosSoreWrist wrote:Lakers main goals are developing their young talent and opening up 2 max slots next offseason. Giving up assets for a 1 year rental doesnt make much sense esp one that may take minutes away from the young guys.

Which young guys at SG would Avery Bradley take minutes from? Nwaba? And as for cap space, I personally don't buy the Lebron/Westbrook in addition to PG talk. I'd much rather add a SG and depth players to a max'd PG. Lakers could easily dump Clarkson and Randle (or let him walk) and stretch Deng. I'd really like potential starting lineup of Ball, Bradley, Ingram, PG, Zubac in 2018.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#7 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jul 5, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm not saying we're getting Westbrook. But if we were made relevant. And if all the big dog free agents came on board here next year? Westbrook. Vs Durant would be a gigantic showdown. Good guy vs bas guy. Honest guy vs traitor. Loyal guy vs the sellout. The ratings would shoot atmospheric
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

Post#8 » by dockingsched » Wed Jul 5, 2017 10:25 pm

The team isn't going to give up assets for a one year rental.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#9 » by Spens1 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:15 pm

if we could work it into a 3 way deal or somehow take him on (is he a rental) then that would be great.
dontforget
Senior

Post#10 » by dontforget » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:19 pm

I don't think the price for Avery Bradley will be much of anything. Especially after what little Indy got for PG. I think we're talking about a late 1st, or late 1st and perhaps a future 2nd at maximum.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#11 » by Spens1 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 11:24 pm

dontforget wrote:I don't think the price for Avery Bradley will be much of anything. Especially after what little Indy got for PG. I think we're talking about a late 1st, or late 1st and perhaps a future 2nd at maximum.

would offer a 2nd for him.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#12 » by MelosSoreWrist » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:53 am

dontforget wrote:
MelosSoreWrist wrote:Lakers main goals are developing their young talent and opening up 2 max slots next offseason. Giving up assets for a 1 year rental doesnt make much sense esp one that may take minutes away from the young guys.

Which young guys at SG would Avery Bradley take minutes from? Nwaba? And as for cap space, I personally don't buy the Lebron/Westbrook in addition to PG talk. I'd much rather add a SG and depth players to a max'd PG. Lakers could easily dump Clarkson and Randle (or let him walk) and stretch Deng. I'd really like potential starting lineup of Ball, Bradley, Ingram, PG, Zubac in 2018.

I think Magic/Pelinka punted this offseason with the only trade being one that opened up more cap space next year because they have they have major targets in mind for '18. I believe in the LeBron rumors along with the obvious George interest. MP would not give up a whole offseason of opportunity (with no draft pick at the end) to pair George with a player like Bradley (who is a solid player but not a star/superstar).

So with that in mind, my ideal lineup two seasons from now is, Ball, Ingram, George, LeBron, Nance/Zubac (whoever develops better). Ingram, who is flexible, has to basically play the "2". So for next season I'd like to see Clarkson up his value for trade purposes and Ingram gain some experience.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#13 » by mcscotty » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:23 am

dontforget wrote:

Damn straight! A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Post#14 » by lelelazza8 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 7:32 am

Bradley is perfect player that LAL need... combo guard, spot up shooter, great defender...

LAL
trade Deng, Clarkson, 2020 1st round pick, CHI 2018 2nd roud pick and DEN 2019 2nd round pick...
get A.Bradley and Mickey...
Why? Ball/Bradley/Ingram/Randle/Lopez... create cap space for 2 max contract next summer...

CHI
trade Wade...
get Clarkson, Deng and 2020 LAL 1st round pick...
Why? lose expring, get an unprotected pick and young talent at PG/SG...

UTA
trade (S/T) Hayward...
get J.Brown, Smart and 2018 CHI 2nd round pick...
Why? replace Hayward with two young prospect...

BOS
trade Brown, Smart, Bradley and Mickey...
get Wade, Hayward and DEN 2019 2nd round pick...
Why? Thomas/Wade/Hayward/Crowder/Horford... try to beat Cavs...
VIPER8382
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#15 » by VIPER8382 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:18 pm

lelelazza8 wrote:Bradley is perfect player that LAL need... combo guard, spot up shooter, great defender...

LAL
trade Deng, Clarkson, 2020 1st round pick, CHI 2018 2nd roud pick and DEN 2019 2nd round pick...
get A.Bradley and Mickey...
Why? Ball/Bradley/Ingram/Randle/Lopez... create cap space for 2 max contract next summer...

CHI
trade Wade...
get Clarkson, Deng and 2020 LAL 1st round pick...
Why? lose expring, get an unprotected pick and young talent at PG/SG...

UTA
trade (S/T) Hayward...
get J.Brown, Smart and 2018 CHI 2nd round pick...
Why? replace Hayward with two young prospect...

BOS
trade Brown, Smart, Bradley and Mickey...
get Wade, Hayward and DEN 2019 2nd round pick...
Why? Thomas/Wade/Hayward/Crowder/Horford... try to beat Cavs...

Do you realize that you basically have Boston trading Jaylen Brown, Avery Bradley, and Marcus Smart for Dwayne Wade? Any of the 3 are worth way more than Wade alone, but together? Really? Boston would be far better off giving any of those 3 away for free to make room for Heyward rather than making such an atrocious trade. So Boston gets destroyed which means somebody is getting away with robbery, and obviously that would be the Jazz. There is no way they could ever get remotely close to all of that in a sign and trade for a player that has already agreed with the other team, and the other team can so easily gain the cap space required. Beyond that, it is probably a bit too good for LAL also.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#16 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:21 pm

We should go after Bradley or Crowder aggressively. Perfect 3&D guys, that's what we badly need.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
xSABOx
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#17 » by xSABOx » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:59 pm

Either one would be perfect but I highly doubt Ainge is giving us a positive player that can ruin his chances at a #1 pick next year... I'd prefer Bradley because he's the perfect compliment to Lonzo and he expires in a year (although Crawford has probably the best bargain non rookie contract in the NBA)...
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#18 » by LakersSoul » Thu Jul 6, 2017 1:07 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:We should go after Bradley or Crowder aggressively. Perfect 3&D guys, that's what we badly need.

Crowder, yes.
Bradley, no.

Bradley has 1 year left and will command too much for a non-max player. Crowder is set to make $6.7, $7.3, $7.8 over the next 3 years and shoots 40% from the 3 with defensive intensity, a perfect 3&D guy for cheap. He will be perfect role player with the 2 Max guys and our youth.

Crowder for a future top 20 protected 1st rounder.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
dontforget
Senior

Post#19 » by dontforget » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:42 pm

LakersSoul wrote:
Spanish_Laker wrote:We should go after Bradley or Crowder aggressively. Perfect 3&D guys, that's what we badly need.

Crowder, yes.
Bradley, no.

Bradley has 1 year left and will command too much for a non-max player. Crowder is set to make $6.7, $7.3, $7.8 over the next 3 years and shoots 40% from the 3 with defensive intensity, a perfect 3&D guy for cheap. He will be perfect role player with the 2 Max guys and our youth.

Crowder for a future top 20 protected 1st rounder.

I'm perfectly OK with trading for Avery Bradley and giving him 20 mil a year. He can shoot, play elite D, and fit perfectly next to lonzo, Ingram and PG. Talent like him isn't readily available and when you can get him at a bargain price then you just do it.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#20 » by Pointgod » Thu Jul 6, 2017 4:14 pm

Bradley, Crowder and our pick back ( it will certainly be less valuable for Randle and 2 second round picks. Randle shores up the Celtics rebounding which is atrocious, gives another young piece.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers