ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer League - Lakers vs 76ers 7:30 ESPN2

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Re: Summer League - Lakers vs 76ers 7:30 ESPN2 

Post#261 » by Mr Burns » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Man I thought Celtics fans were bad but holy **** after reading the Sixers board they easily take the cake. I think I may have discovered where salt was founded.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#262 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm ready to move on from Russell and the comparisons. He's gone.

I'm happy with how Ball is playing. But we need to get the guy some legit help. Ready to climb out of the bottom, and never look back.
ISayshowmee
Veteran
And1: 1,696

Post#263 » by ISayshowmee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Slava with absolutely no regard for human life on the GB

Slava the slayer ?
ISayshowmee
Veteran

Post#264 » by ISayshowmee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:42 pm

TKainZero wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:
skullz wrote:I've missed the game.?? anything I miss?

you missed lonzo looking like an actual #2 pick

And zubac looking like a 2nd rounder

Really not sure the hate Zubac is getting. The guy scored 21 points, block and altered lots of shots in the paint.....and this is still the summer league....
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#265 » by Ball so hard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm

ISayshowmee wrote:
TKainZero wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:you missed lonzo looking like an actual #2 pick

Really not sure the hate Zubac is getting. The guy scored 21 points, block and altered lots of shots in the paint.....and this is still the summer league....

Did you watch the game or merely looked at the boxscore and watched highlights?
ISayshowmee
Veteran

Post#266 » by ISayshowmee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
ISayshowmee wrote:
TKainZero wrote:

Watched the game....tell me what Zubac did that other folks in the summer league did ? I saw a player in summer league form. So tell me....
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#267 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

He started playing better down the stretch. I think the muscle mass might have effected him a little bit. Either way, i think the disappointment with Zubac has more to do with him looking like the same player overall as last year.
ISayshowmee
Veteran

Post#268 » by ISayshowmee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:He started playing better down the stretch. I think the muscle mass might have effected him a little bit. Either way, i think the disappointment with Zubac has more to do with him looking like the same player overall as last year.

Thank you.

In my opinion, Zubac is not playing for a spot with the Lakers.He is playing as part of the process to get in shape for the regular season. Perhaps it is just me.....but summer/pick up games really are for rookies to get their feet wet with NBA play. These games are also for and other players not drafter to showcase what they can do in hopes to get a contract. These are the guys that will play with intensity.

He played with a lot more intensity last year....because he wanted to make the team.

Zubac conditioning is definitely not in regular season form......and he is playing like....this is just another pick up game.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#269 » by Kilroy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't cut Zubac right now, for sure... But I am disappointed in his play and conditioning... That said, he seems to find a way to contribute even when he looks like **** doing it. He's clearly an extremely skilled young C prospect. We need a backup C, and as such I think you give him the chance to get in better shape before you dump him.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ISayshowmee
Veteran

Post#270 » by ISayshowmee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Kilroy wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't cut Zubac right now, for sure... But I am disappointed in his play and conditioning... That said, he seems to find a way to contribute even when he looks like **** doing it. He's clearly an extremely skilled young C prospect. We need a backup C, and as such I think you give him the chance to get in better shape before you dump him.

I agree...I would have liked him to be in a better playing condition. He sure looked slower this year....
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#271 » by iamworthy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#272 » by TyCobb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Ckay wrote:
skullz wrote:I've missed the game.?? anything I miss?

Lonzo needs to IG LeBron in a Lakers uniform and say' Just. Do. It.'.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kobeallday
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#273 » by Kobeallday » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:51 pm

ISayshowmee wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:He started playing better down the stretch. I think the muscle mass might have effected him a little bit. Either way, i think the disappointment with Zubac has more to do with him looking like the same player overall as last year.

Thank you.

In my opinion, Zubac is not playing for a spot with the Lakers.He is playing as part of the process to get in shape for the regular season. Perhaps it is just me.....but summer/pick up games really are for rookies to get their feet wet with NBA play. These games are also for and other players not drafter to showcase what they can do in hopes to get a contract. These are the guys that will play with intensity.

He played with a lot more intensity last year....because he wanted to make the team.

Zubac conditioning is definitely not in regular season form......and he is playing like....this is just another pick up game.

I disagree with your perception of summer league games. If you belong to NBA then you should be killing in the summer league, because the competition is in a lower level. Not being able to dominate in summer league then you have no business getting regular playing time in the regular season.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#274 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Kobeallday wrote:
ISayshowmee wrote:

Thank you.

I disagree with your perception of summer league games. If you belong to NBA then you should be killing in the summer league, because the competition is in a lower level. Not being able to dominate in summer league then you have no business getting regular playing time in the regular season.

Well there's two caveats to that,

1 The short number of games explains why some players who struggle still end up being stars in the NBA. Small Sample Size
2 The 19 year old prized rookies will still struggle against the 23-24 year old d-league players. It's just a different ceiling all around. Very rare for a 19 year old rookie to not struggle when they enter the NBA.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#275 » by TyCobb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ock
Pro Prospect
And1: 13

Post#276 » by ock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:47 pm

He lost some weight compared to last yr. He's a big guy, his conditioning is going to take some time. I don't know why some of you guys are talking like you expect him to jump out of the gym. Marc Gasol took a hell of a lot longer to get his body in current shape, and I don't think anyone ever called him explosive, ever. Despite looking slow to the eye, zubac was doing good things, posting, picking and rolling, challenging shots. With Magic's challenge to the entire team to have a lower body fat %, I think his body will continue to improve, slowly. Because again, he's 19. I'm glad we have Lopez this year to temper expectations a bit.

"I have no problem following somebody who's worth being followed. I will follow Kobe anywhere." - Ron Artest
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#277 » by Slava » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm

I think they cut Black with a view to playing Randle and Nance a lot at center as well so zubac might still find a lot of time in the g league more than the Lakers.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#278 » by Ball so hard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:58 pm

ISayshowmee wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
ISayshowmee wrote:

Watched the game....tell me what Zubac did that other folks in the summer league did ? I saw a player in summer league form. So tell me....

I'm not sure what other folks to which you're referring. To name of few issues: Defensive rotation was almost non existent (it was almost a layup drill for the 76ers; looked super slow on both offense and defense; he was extremely soft on the offensive side (he got stripped/had his shot blocked a few times). It almost seems as if the Lakers were playing 4 vs 5 whenever Zubac was on the floor. He was a major liability on both offense on defense. On another note, no one else even looked respectable for us at the 5 spot.

So tell me, what exactly did he do well? I noticed that you highlighted his 21 points, blocks, etc. He also had 5 turnovers and only 3 boards... let's not cherry pick stats.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#279 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:21 pm

TyCobb wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow!
Formerly lakerRD
ISayshowmee
Veteran

Post#280 » by ISayshowmee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:39 am

Kobeallday wrote:
ISayshowmee wrote:

Thank you.

Most of these players are NOT NBA players !!! These are the players that need to prove something. Zubac already got a NBA contract, so does Ingram so does Lonzo.

You are confusing summer league to pre-season games......where the final roster is determined.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers