ImageImageImageImageImage

Luke Walton on the Lowe Post

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Re: Luke Walton on the Lowe Post 

Post#21 » by Pointgod » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Landsberger wrote:Randle is the one we have to decide on this time next year. Signing him to a big contract puts the 2 star thing in flux doesn't it?

Personally, I don't see anything in Randle that isn't easily replaceable. We have a better front court ball handler in Ingram and Ball looks to need a lot of getting better to be valuable off the ball so his one somewhat unique ability seems diminished by the balance of the rest of the team.

Hell starting Larry Nance would probably make us a better team from a defensive standpoint.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Luke Walton on the Lowe Post 

Post#22 » by Landsberger » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Landsberger wrote:Randle is the one we have to decide on this time next year. Signing him to a big contract puts the 2 star thing in flux doesn't it?

Personally, I don't see anything in Randle that isn't easily replaceable. We have a better front court ball handler in Ingram and Ball looks to need a lot of getting better to be valuable off the ball so his one somewhat unique ability seems diminished by the balance of the rest of the team.

Hell starting Larry Nance would probably make us a better team from a defensive standpoint.

Playing the same units together for more than 8 minutes a game would do that too.... I hope Luke settles in on some units that give the players some sense of stability. Defense is a team aspect of the game more than any other. Randle isn't a great intuitive defender and seems to lose concentration for stretches. Nance is 100% effort and is a very intuitive defender. He's always been one of my favorites. Unfortunately, like his father, he doesn't seem to be durable enough for 82.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers