ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers VS Nets Summer League game Starts shortly

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Re: Lakers VS Nets Summer League game Starts shortly 

Post#141 » by Sushisensei26 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:12 am

The meltdowns over on the general board are magnificent. Lololololololollllll.....

All these years of losing had actually made me forget how salty people get and I how it hurts them when the lakeshow wins.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#142 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:30 am

zubac looks shookt. his moves seems like second guesses, he a second late reacting, and he looks out of sync. perhaps it's the pace of lonzo that he's struggling with?
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#143 » by Sushisensei26 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:36 am

Not included are all the shots players missed off of his passes that should have been assists.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#144 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:43 am

Laker_Kid wrote:zubac looks shookt. his moves seems like second guesses, he a second late reacting, and he looks out of sync. perhaps it's the pace of lonzo that he's struggling with?

9 points, 4 assists, 8 boards, and a block in 15-16 minutes ain't terrible. You carry that into the 34-35 minute games some guys had, and your flirtin with a 20-20 game.

I'm just saying. He's had a rough summer-league, but he's also had a few decent games, and tonight was really good considering the minutes. One good sign is that his game seems to be improving as the SL goes on. Much better than a great start that gets progressively worse.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#145 » by Ball so hard » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:02 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:zubac looks shookt. his moves seems like second guesses, he a second late reacting, and he looks out of sync. perhaps it's the pace of lonzo that he's struggling with?

9 points, 4 assists, 8 boards, and a block in 15-16 minutes ain't terrible. You carry that into the 34-35 minute games some guys had, and your flirtin with a 20-20 game.

I'm just saying. He's had a rough summer-league, but he's also had a few decent games, and tonight was really good considering the minutes. One good sign is that his game seems to be improving as the SL goes on. Much better than a great start that gets progressively worse.

I thought he had a solid start this game. However, offensively is not where is biggest issues are. Either he isn't interested in playing defense or he simply doesn't know how to, but he looks completely lost on that end. He was never a good defender to begin with, but now it's much worse, to the point where it looks like he's not even trying. Like others have mentioned, it might be the paste of the game that he's struggling with.

I used to like Zubac a lot, but now I'm rapidly losing faith in him. He's a very poor fit for Luke's system. Luke was reluctant to play him last year and I don't see that changing this year. We might be better off trading him for a future pick.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#146 » by TKainZero » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 am

TyCobb wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kuzma is just all about lonzo. I feel kinda bad for hart/Bryant. But wow, such a pleasure to have kuzma have this kind of chemistry with ball.

I Imagine they are hanging out right now

Kuzma is going to be the biggest fan favorite since Shannon brown
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#147 » by tugs » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:42 am

Lonzo's impact can't be seen in the stat sheet (or in +/- probably). He's right style of play is just contagious.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#148 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:53 am

Ball so hard wrote:I used to like Zubac a lot, but now I'm rapidly losing faith in him. He's a very poor fit for Luke's system. Luke was reluctant to play him last year and I don't see that changing this year. We might be better off trading him for a future pick.

Obviously, your free to see what you see, and feel how you feel. But I'd warn against rushing judgement too fast. Zubac is incredibly young....has only played about 30 games with the Lakers, and is in summer league. He's not being coached by Luke...who knows what assignments the coach has him emphasizing? And even if he's doing it all wrong.....that's no reason he won't be fine come regular season.

Some really exciting things going on this summer league, and I too and a little disappointed Zube didn't make a bigger splash....but I wouldn't turn in my judgement on the guy for another season or so if I were you.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#149 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:15 am

All Western Conference Final Four in Vegas. Even in SL there is an imbalance of power.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#150 » by TKainZero » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:31 am

Worst_to_First wrote:All Western Conference Final Four in Vegas. Even in SL there is an imbalance of power.

Yea

The east is a joke
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Texas_Lakers
Senior
And1: 354

Post#151 » by Texas_Lakers » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Sushisensei26 wrote:The meltdowns over on the general board are magnificent. Lololololololollllll.....

All these years of losing had actually made me forget how salty people get and I how it hurts them when the lakeshow wins.
Laker Hate is real on the GB they had they shot the last few years time for payback coming soon.
2018 Los Angeles Rams
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#152 » by Slava » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Read on Twitter
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#153 » by Goudelock » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Includes his misses, and some of his passes that didn't lead to assists (even though they left out most of Zubac's blown finishes at the beginning).
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#154 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Some of these passes to Zubac in an NBA game would have been converted. It's the silly foul rules in Summer league that allow these players to at slap at players without fear of getting into foul trouble.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#155 » by Landsberger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:00 pm

I've been in Vegas the last 5 days and have been to the last 2 games (among other things...). Getting Ball at number 2 was expected however our best pick in this draft is Kuzma in comparison to where we got him. I hate making comparisons to all stars but he reminds me of a young Rudy Gay in a lot of ways. IMHO he's more ready, in the sense of his total game, to be in the NBA than Ball. Ball is great at one thing at the moment. Kuzma is really impressive with his total game for a youngster. His movement when he doesn't have the ball is the most impressive thing for a guy his age.

Zubac is bigger in his lower body this year in comparison to last year's SL (I was here last year too). He's out of sync with the disorganized at times play by this group that's for sure. I think he knows he's on the floor to screen and rebound it seems. He's been talking a lot Ingram on the sidelines. They seem to have a connection.

Blue does what he does and does it well. He puts pressure on the defense with every move. He's too small to do it with any consistency at the NBA level however it's great to see his effort and skill. He was one of the most vocal players out there in the 2 games I've been to. He's also living and dying out there. He really wants to win.

Caruso has been impressive in his command of the game. He's shot well and he's played under control. He's got a great feel for the game. He knows where to be, doesn't every stop moving off the ball and can play some decent on ball defense. He got one of the 2-way contract and he deserves it.
Texas_Lakers
Senior
And1: 354

Post#156 » by Texas_Lakers » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:49 pm

This SL has been a joy to watch. What a difference from previous SL disappointments.
2018 Los Angeles Rams
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#157 » by Slava » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Zubac's game is going to take a bigger hit than anyone else's due to D'Angelo's trade. He's a good pick and roll big and D'Angelo even for his age was an advanced pick and roll ballhanlder. Ball still seems a few hundred reps short of getting confidence in negotiating NBA level pick and rolls so I'd like to see more Zubac - Clarkson combinations when they are on the court together provided we keep Clarkson long enough.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#158 » by Landsberger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Clarkson was the best in limited reps with Zu in the pick and roll. Russell was good as well. You have to be a threat to score/finish to make it work. Ball has an innate feel for passing in the open court but he's still a ways a way from having the same impact in the half court sets.

He'll get better and Zubac's impact is limited somewhat by the disorganized nature of the summer league. Big's do better in structured situations. Summer league is not that.

That said, his level of effort isn't there. He looks out of shape.

Got tickets to tonights game too. I've been coming to summer league for years (not every year but 75% of them since the late 90's) and I've never seen this much press and cost. It's crazy at T&M.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers