ImageImageImageImageImage

Last Training Camp Spot

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Re: Last Training Camp Spot 

Post#21 » by stan francisco » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Even if Allen is nothing but a sparring partner defender in practice, he will still raise the defensive intensity of the entire team, the whole. That's how good he is and it's worth the price and a roster spot. Didn't KB say a few years back that T Allen is the defender he respects the most in the NBA, or simething similar?

The Brazilian Blur? Sure. I'd happily take him, too. But he doesn't play defense at the level of Allen.

Our only hope to make a splash this season is our defense, which will lead to running the break. That's our best shot at winning. I'd try to add only vet players with defense first mindset. That would be my MO for the last spot. These kids have the legs and skills to run anyone out of the building.

Defense sets that stage.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
BlackieMamba
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#22 » by BlackieMamba » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:41 am

JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#23 » by JohnVancouver » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 am

DNP-Old wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:I have a real love for The Brazilian Blur - still playiing well when I saw him last year in GS games

That would have been two seasons ago. He played for the Suns last year. Although, from what little I saw of him last year, he looked the same (which was pretty decent).

Brain fart - thanks for the correction. Yeah, back with the Suns. Not a whole lot slower than he was, still going to the hoop and not just a jump shooter, which almost never happens as guys age
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon

Return to Los Angeles Lakers