ImageImageImageImageImage

LA Rams Fans on realgm

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Texas_Lakers
Senior
And1: 354

LA Rams Fans on realgm 

Post#1 » by Texas_Lakers » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Been visiting the Rams Forum on realgm since the team moved back to LA last year but the page is pretty dead, not sure if most former STL fans stopped posting there or what cause they're butt hurt or something. I find hard to believe there is no action from LA Rams fans over there. Hopefully the newly assembled team turns it around this year and moves the needle with the LA fanfare.

Go Rams!
2018 Los Angeles Rams
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Re: LA Rams Fans on realgm 

Post#2 » by gts1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Was a Rams fan when the left for St. Louis.. they lost me.
USC football filled that spot and honestly it's a better product
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#3 » by TyCobb » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:23 am

^Bingo. USC is the local NFL team.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:34 am

I'm going to give the Rams another season or so to get a unique LA identity, then I'll probably jump on board... Or I'll jump on board the Chargers... Whoever "get's it" faster...

Right now, they're like that Cousin of yours that summers with your family and tells everyone he's 'From LA.'

And nah to USC football... That's only really interesting as a way to forget the hangover from New Years.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Texas_Lakers
Senior

Post#5 » by Texas_Lakers » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 am

Winning cures everything, I'm sure if the Rams start to win, they will win back the crowd again. Just a matter of time and a bit of luck.
2018 Los Angeles Rams
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#6 » by TKainZero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 am

The Los Angeles rams need a link from the lakers forum.

It's hard to find
It didn't exist for a while.

I never stopped loving the rams, and waiting for their return.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#7 » by mcscotty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:45 am

LonzoBall2 wrote:Been visiting the Rams Forum on realgm since the team moved back to LA last year but the page is pretty dead, not sure if most former STL fans stopped posting there or what cause they're butt hurt or something. I find hard to believe there is no action from LA Rams fans over there. Hopefully the newly assembled team turns it around this year and moves the needle with the LA fanfare.

Go Rams!

Realgm started out as a basketball forum. It branched out into other sports, but never really caught on. Basketball dominates the discussion around here. You want football, best look elsewhere.
Texas_Lakers
Senior

Post#8 » by Texas_Lakers » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm

TKainZero wrote:The Los Angeles rams need a link from the lakers forum.

It's hard to find
It didn't exist for a while.

I never stopped loving the rams, and waiting for their return.

Agree, I sent a PM to a Mod about this and perhaps updating the new LA colors (blue/white)... I hope he can help. :wink:
2018 Los Angeles Rams
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#9 » by AcecardZ » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Long time Rams fan here... I hated they left So Cal for St. Louis but still rooted for them. Rams returning to LA brought a tear to my eye! Slowly the world is tilting back in the right direction. Rams back in LA, I don't care if they suck, Lakers on the right track etc... Lonzo and Brandon to root for! Life is freaking good!
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Re: RE: LA Rams Fans on realgm 

Post#10 » by TheRealKaboom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 pm

LonzoBall2 wrote:Been visiting the Rams Forum on realgm since the team moved back to LA last year but the page is pretty dead, not sure if most former STL fans stopped posting there or what cause they're butt hurt or something. I find hard to believe there is no action from LA Rams fans over there. Hopefully the newly assembled team turns it around this year and moves the needle with the LA fanfare.

Go Rams!

I was a huge NFL fan when I was younger, but one day they just took both of our teams away. I went literally 20 years without watching a single football game. Thought I could get back into football when they gave us our teams back, but I think it's too late for that.

I tried watching a Chargers preseason game and had to stop after five minutes. I don't know any of the players and the game doesn't seem half as interesting as the NBA off-season, let alone NBA regular season.

The Lakers helped fill a giant void when our NFL teams were taken from us and now I don't think there's any room for them now that they're back. Sad.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#11 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pm

I got out of football when we lost both our teams in the 90s. Harder to get really into it again. USC is the LA football team. Bring back Coach Carroll!
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Re: RE: LA Rams Fans on realgm 

Post#12 » by Goudelock » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:56 pm

TheRealKaboom wrote:I tried watching a Chargers preseason game and had to stop after five minutes. I don't know any of the players and the game doesn't seem half as interesting as the NBA off-season, let alone NBA regular season.

I LOVE football and trust me, preseason football is probably the most boring thing you can watch. It's worse than watching paint dry. Wait until the regular season starts to see if you like or dislike the NFL.

Or you can always watch some college football. The SEC always has competitive games (when they don't involve Alabama).
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#13 » by AcecardZ » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:25 am

Preseason totally blows! The stars take the field for a few plays and the rest of the game is scrub city.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#14 » by TheRealKaboom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:04 am

AcecardZ wrote:Preseason totally blows! The stars take the field for a few plays and the rest of the game is scrub city.

What's sad is that I don't know who's a star and who's a scrub. I literally went 20 years without watching a football game, including the Super Bowl.

The only player name I recognize is Aaron Rodgers and only because he had some "Relax" comment a few years ago.

I think I have some catching up to do. :lol:
Texas_Lakers
Senior

Post#15 » by Texas_Lakers » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:22 pm

I have this feeling the Rams will be turning the corner soon. I get what most of you are saying about pre-season football and the fact that we had no real NFL team to embrace in LA since the two teams left for STL and Oakland more than 20 years ago, that gave other local sports teams an opportunity to grab fans attention away from the NFL. To top it off the disappointment of loosing so many games under Jeff Fisher and his horrible offense turned off a huge amount of fans that were looking forward to the team returning to it's roots.
2018 Los Angeles Rams

Return to Los Angeles Lakers