What's your pipe dream?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

OzCastiel
Senior
And1: 531

Re: What's your pipe dream? 

Post#21 » by OzCastiel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 pm

AcecardZ wrote:
OzCastiel wrote:Why does everyone want to keep Lonzo in all of these scenarios instead of using him to fetch something better and really improve the roster even more? He wouldn't be useful to LeBron/Westbrook unless they were on the bench.

You imply Lonzo sucks while at same time say we should use him to get something better.

Exactly how good or bad do you expect Lonzo to be?

Didn't imply he sucked. It's basic basketball 101 to know he would be relegated to being a off ball guard playing next to one of those guys and his special talent requires him to not only push the rock, but be the primary handler. LeBron and Westbrook aren't completely changing their games for a 20 year old kid it's idiotic.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#22 » by Penberthy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Run O through Randle, inflate his value, 20/12 player
Trade Randle+Deng before deadline for an expiring
Trade Clarkson+Bogut for a 2018 1st
Miraculously make 8 seed
Warriors win again (durant now has 2 rings as a tag-along guy)

Media calling Durant a bandwagoner makes him want to win with his "own team" we convince him he will get all the credit if he wins with all our rookies and a couple 2nd tier guys who have never won anything.
Kobe has a little chat with Durant
Sign Durant + PG + Resign Lopez

Minutes
Ball (32) Vet Min (16) Ennis
George (30) Hart (18) 2018 1st
Durant (18) Ingram (30) Kuzma
Nance (20) Durant (14) Kuzma (14)
Lopez (28) ZuBryantNanceKuz (20)

Set for a decade.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#23 » by Spens1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:25 pm

EZ GG LOSER wrote:
Spens1 wrote:For the season:

- Lavar shuts the hell up

Lavar can talk all he wants ... Just as his son is doing his thing on the court ...

He'll shut up during games i'm sure, but will talk after and b4 I'm also sure :)

its bloody annoying, can you imagine if he carries on like this until april and may.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#24 » by AcecardZ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 am

OzCastiel wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:
OzCastiel wrote:Why does everyone want to keep Lonzo in all of these scenarios instead of using him to fetch something better and really improve the roster even more? He wouldn't be useful to LeBron/Westbrook unless they were on the bench.

You imply Lonzo sucks while at same time say we should use him to get something better.

Exactly how good or bad do you expect Lonzo to be?

Didn't imply he sucked. It's basic basketball 101 to know he would be relegated to being a off ball guard playing next to one of those guys and his special talent requires him to not only push the rock, but be the primary handler. LeBron and Westbrook aren't completely changing their games for a 20 year old kid it's idiotic.

What you're saying doesn't make a ton of sense. Lonzo is a potential future all-star being paid peanuts under his rookie deal. He is not a barrier to anything and his style of play very much fits the style of offense Coach Walton wants to run.

Why ship a potential future all-star on a rookie contract out when we can fairly easily, utilizing different assets, clear the necessary cap space needed to add two max contract players? I could possibly see your argument if Lonzo was our only asset and moving him was the only way to add two top 10 players to the team but we can add two top 10 players and keep Lonzo and Ingram. That's the way the Lakers do things and that's exactly what it's going to take to build a team capable of competing with GS.

Lonzo is the type of player who should be able to play with almost anybody. Trading him away for RWB, a guy who seemingly had difficulty playing with James Harden and Kevin Durant, makes little to no sense at all. RWB is a special talent but keeping Lonzo and signing a different max contract free agent is a way better plan.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#25 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:38 pm

My pipe dream is to sign LeBron, Westbrook, and George next summer. This is how I'd do it.

Trade Jordan Clarkson, Corey Brewer, and possibly Andrew Bogut (if they want) to the Spurs for Tony Parker and a filler. The salaries match, and Parker is an expiring. Next,

Trade Julius Randle, Luol Deng, and a future 1st to the Bulls for Wade. Wade also an expiring. Possibly re-sign him for the Vet. min. if he wants to play backup SG.

2018-19 Depth Chart:

G - Ball/whoever
G - Westbrook/Ingram
F - George/Kuzma
F - LeBron/Nance
C - Zubac
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#26 » by DanishLakerFan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:45 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
giordunk wrote:In terms of how you want the next few seasons to unfold.

Pipe dream:

2017-18:
Clarkson looks good early on and we flip him for an expiring deal at the deadline.
Randle looks even better and we flip him for a first round pick at the deadline.
Deng looks good enough during the season, that the first round from the Randle deal - as well as 2nd rounders and Zubac - is enough to move his entire deal.

Offseason 2018:
Sign Paul George and Demarcus Cousins.
Re-sign KCP.

Ball - KCP - Ingram - George - Boogie

The reason we are trying to sign Brook Lopez, is because we have his rights and re-signing him only as a minimal cap hold. I don't believe we have the bird rights to kcp because he is only a one-year contract. This just means, if I am not mistaken, we can sign Brook Lopez after we sign two big players.which is not an option for KCP.

The real question is, Who is the best defensive/3./Fastbreak option we have between KCP/Westbrook/PG-13?

I'm assuming it is going to be a tossup between Westbrook and PG-13. Unless I'm severely under rating KCP. This needs to be a really good discussion assuming we keep everything intact.

Since we have Lonzo and assuming we get LeBron at the four, which mix of players is best for the two and three positions to play along side Ingram? If we get Westbrook, ingram has to pay three. If we get Paul George, Who is better at the two position ingram or him, while the other Plays three?

I think Westbrook makes us the fastest at him playing at the two. I think Paul George is a slightly better version of KCP that also allows us more size. He is more lengthy, can shoot better, but might be a slight downgrade on defense in comparison to KCP. So all in all, with the belief that we are trying to run the ball, i'm going Westbrook first, Paul George second, and KCP third. Who agrees, and who disagrees?

Brook Lopez's cap hold isn't minimal - its 34M - so he has to be waived in order to add two max guys. But if we waive him, then sign two guys and re-sign Lopez to whatever is left we get the Bird rights Again. So if he were to take a 1yr deal worth 10M we could re-sign him the following year using his bird rights.

Now MY ideal scenario has us shedding Deng, Randle and Clarkson without taking anything back, which would clear almost 80M which is enough for Boogie (30.9M) and George (30.9M) AND KCP assuming he takes 18M/yr.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,833

Post#27 » by TravisScott55 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

8th seed.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#28 » by chefy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:13 pm

keep the players we have now and win a championship in 2-3 years.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,156

Post#29 » by Edrees » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 am

My Pipe Dream:

Ball: Better than Curry
Ingram: better than Durant
Randle: better than Draymond Green
Zubac: better than Porzingis

Sign PG in the off season and call it a day. no need for LeBron or westbrook. My dream would be to build the team mostly out of players we drafted and make a dynasty out of that.
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#30 » by Takes5 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:14 am

Pipe dream - wake up on July 2 2016 without Deng and Mozgov signed to albatross deals.
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#31 » by Rafer24 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 am

Lonzo Ball is everything we expect and lead us since day 1. Along with a much improved Ingram, we go to the playoffs as the 7 seed and show the superstars free agents that they can win here.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#32 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Whole Banana Boat squad in LA next season

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#33 » by Goudelock » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:49 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:Whole Banana Boat squad in LA next season

I think that would be more of a pipe nightmare. I never want to see Dwade or Carmelo in the purple and gold.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#34 » by Dr Aki » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:46 pm

we trade away everyone except lonzo, ingram, nance, zubac, hart, kuzma, bryant

we somehow convince not just lebron and george to sign, but also westbrook, bropez agrees to the room MLE

we fill the remaining roster slots with vander blue, briante weber, whoever

league revolts
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Post#35 » by Slink » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:26 pm

PockyCandy wrote:

I think that would be more of a pipe nightmare. I never want to see Dwade or Carmelo in the purple and gold.

Completely agree. Would rather see LeBron in purple and gold rather than those two.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: What's your pipe dream? 

Post#36 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Slink wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:

Completely agree. Would rather see LeBron in purple and gold rather than those two.

Dwyane Wade's next contract will be significantly less. (Perspective: D. Rose is playing on a vet minimum this season) Wade on a near minimum contract is deplorable?
Would you rather have Luol Deng than Carmelo Anthony this season?
Last season the Lakers roster included Deng & Mozgov but Wade & Anything are the nightmare Lsmh!

Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Re: RE: Re: What's your pipe dream? 

Post#37 » by Slink » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:53 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
Slink wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:

Dwyane Wade's next contract will be significantly less. (Perspective: D. Rose is playing on a vet minimum this season) Wade on a near minimum contract is deplorable?
Last season the Lakers roster included Deng & Mozgov but Wade & Anything are the nightmare Lsmh!

Wade is shell of his former self with shot knees and Carmelo is the complete opposite of what the Lakers are trying to build in offensive terms.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What's your pipe dream? 

Post#38 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Slink wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:
Slink wrote:

Wade is shell of his former self with shot knees and Carmelo is the complete opposite of what the Lakers are trying to build in offensive terms.

Why do you believe Carmelo can't make a transition in his style of play similar to what Kevin Durant did last summer.
Wade average about 18ppg last year so if you think one year later he can't be productive at all then we just plainly disagree.

The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#39 » by The Skyhook » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Sign Boogie and Lebron or George while keeping the rest of the roster in tact. Keep Randle depending on how well he develops this offseason. If his deal will be too expensive or if he just ins't worth keeping because of Kozma and Nance then I will be completely fine with moving on from him.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#40 » by stan francisco » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:00 pm

I believe Ball and Ingram will be a part of our team for the long term. May they develop as much as possible this season. I think Ingram is ready to take people's numbers already this upcoming season.

Starting PG: Ball
Starting SF: Ingram

So, my pipe dream hope for this season is that KCP steps out of the shadowlands and climbs up the ranks st SG from currently #6 to become a top 3 and a household name. If so, resign him. Why not? If chemistry is good and they already have a year playing together.

Starting PG: Ball
Starting SG: Caldwell-Pope
Starting SF: Ingram

To fill the starting line-up, we need a PF and a C.

I think a lot of Lakers fans will start to believe in Randle's beasting this season as much as Popovic and some of us here also already do.

If he does, and I think he will beast it this season, we would still be idiots if we didn't try to get LBJ as our starting PF. I'd assume we will trade Randle and Clarkson by the deadline after showing them off all season.

Perhaps coupled with Lopez expiring it could be a starting point of discussions for a disgruntled AD who demands out because he can't stand Boogie.

There. :-)

So at the end of 2017-18 season and beginning next season, I see this being our starting lineup:

PG: Ball
SG: KCP
SF: Ingram
PF: Randle/Nance 2017-18 LBJ 2018-19
C: A Davis (by trade deadline)

That's my pipe.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers