he's gonna fit right in with lonzo

Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Andrew Bogut sign for one year 

Post#62 » by Penberthy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
Penberthy wrote:
Pointgod wrote:It seems our front court is absolutely stacked while we're light on the wings. Bogut, Lopez, Bryant, Kuzma, Zubac, Randle and Nance. This kind of goes against the idea of positionless basketball, but it's a low risk low reward type situation. At least Bogut is a good locker room presence and can teach our bigs good habits. I'm not holding my breath that he stays healthy though.

Before deadline (Need to get Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Bogut Max minutes)

PG: Ball (32) Clarkson (16) Ennis
SG: KCP (32) Clarkson (16) Hart
SF: Ingram (28) Deng (20) Brewer
PF: Randle (28) Nance (20) Kuzma
C: Lopez (24) Bogut (20) Randle (4) ZuBryant

Trade Randle+Deng to a team like Bk. for expirings
Trade Bogut+Clarkson to a contender in need of bench points and Defensive backup Big for expiring + 20181st

After deadline minutes
PG: Ball (34) Ennis (14) Weber
SG: KCP (32) Hart (16)
SF: Brewer (18) Ingram (30)
PF: Nance (24) Kuzma (24)
C: Lopez (24) ZuBryant (24)

2018 sign Durant and PG- you get your positionless wings

Ball (32) Vet Min (16) Ennis
George (30) Hart (18)
Durant (16) Ingram (32)
Kuzma (22) Durant (16) Nance (10)
MLE ring chaser or resign Lopez cheap (24) Nance (14) ZuBryant (10)

Your post probably fits better in the "Pipe Dream" thread. The odds of Durant leaving the warriors are slim to none. Also, I don't see a scenario where Brewer starts over Ingram. Your after deadline lineup is brutal; i'm not sure that team wins 10 games. Brewer should be buried on the bench or only play in situational matchups.

The point is to clear Deng and Clarkson's contracts so we can go after LBJ Durant PG Westbrook Boogie etc. next year. If that means winning zero games after the deadline, so be it. Also, the reason to bring Ingram off the bench is so we have a playmaker/scorer coming in with the second unit. He is still getting 30 minutes compared to Brewer's 18. Brewer plays all his minutes with Lonzo and gets 4-5 easy buckets slashing and leaking out. It also helps all the young guys get minutes/experience post deadline.

Durant is about to get his second ring on Steph Curry's Team. Its not out of the realm of possibility that he would leave and want to try to do it "on his own," especially given his fondness for Kobe.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#63 » by dockingsched » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Penberthy wrote:
Pointgod wrote:It seems our front court is absolutely stacked while we're light on the wings. Bogut, Lopez, Bryant, Kuzma, Zubac, Randle and Nance. This kind of goes against the idea of positionless basketball, but it's a low risk low reward type situation. At least Bogut is a good locker room presence and can teach our bigs good habits. I'm not holding my breath that he stays healthy though.

Before deadline (Need to get Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Bogut Max minutes)

PG: Ball (32) Clarkson (16) Ennis
SG: KCP (32) Clarkson (16) Hart
SF: Ingram (28) Deng (20) Brewer
PF: Randle (28) Nance (20) Kuzma
C: Lopez (24) Bogut (20) Randle (4) ZuBryant

Trade Randle+Deng to a team like Bk. for expirings
Trade Bogut+Clarkson to a contender in need of bench points and Defensive backup Big for expiring + 20181st

After deadline minutes
PG: Ball (34) Ennis (14) Weber
SG: KCP (32) Hart (16)
SF: Brewer (18) Ingram (30)
PF: Nance (24) Kuzma (24)
C: Lopez (24) ZuBryant (24)

2018 sign Durant and PG- you get your positionless wings

Ball (32) Vet Min (16) Ennis
George (30) Hart (18)
Durant (16) Ingram (32)
Kuzma (22) Durant (16) Nance (10)
MLE ring chaser or resign Lopez cheap (24) Nance (14) ZuBryant (10)

I don’t think there’s any rationale at this time for why any team would absorb Deng’s contract just get Randle and his impending free agency.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#64 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Would David Lee possibly help with installing a warrior type system also?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#65 » by Franc » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 pm

I have seen 2 different Number on his Lakers jersey, what is it now. Thanks for reply.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
Dalakerbox
Junior
And1: 1

Post#66 » by Dalakerbox » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:13 am

You could not NOT like this move. Only champion on our roster, understands it's in a backup role, great locker room guy and at the vet min (non guaranteed?) what's not to like? Defensive, passing, hi IQ 7 footer. Even in limited minutes he's an asset. Obviously we're trying to win games this year. #lakeshow
“If this is his team, that means no more coming into camp fat/out of shape, no more blaming others for our team’s failure, my team doesn’t mean only when we win it means carrying the burden of defeat just as gracefully as you carry a championship trophy.”
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#67 » by milesfides » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:09 am

Danny Darko wrote:
milesfides wrote:It's obvious. The Lakers will try to move Brook Lopez. First rounder. He's going to be on the block until somebody bites.

Zubac isn't ready. That puts Bogut in position to either be our halfcourt center or also showcase for another team.

If we can unload Lopez in Dec, then Bogut in feb, for a couple picks, that would help to create a package to move Deng.

It's a low risk move.

Ultimately, if we can move Brook Lopez, Jordan Clarkson, and Julius Randle, to get rid of Deng's contract, it would be worth it.

Lebron, Russell Westbrook, Paul George, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Larry Nance ... all match up with the Warriors pretty well. We don't have a legit defensive center so it makes sense.

It's possible, but I wouldn't say that's obviously THE plan. I think if Brook balls out we may try to have him take a 1 year salary hit, sign the big dogs, then reward him in year 3 when we can. It all depends on how valuable Brook is to us this year.

I think it's far more likely that Bogut and his paltry contact/defense sticks with us than Brook.

Bogut is low risk, but Brook will probably command near max money.

We have to renounce Brook to sign 2 max free agents... no way the Lakers would keep Lopez at the cost of even trying to signing Lebron, George, or Westbrook.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#68 » by Dr Aki » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 am

milesfides wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
milesfides wrote:It's obvious. The Lakers will try to move Brook Lopez. First rounder. He's going to be on the block until somebody bites.

Zubac isn't ready. That puts Bogut in position to either be our halfcourt center or also showcase for another team.

If we can unload Lopez in Dec, then Bogut in feb, for a couple picks, that would help to create a package to move Deng.

It's a low risk move.

Ultimately, if we can move Brook Lopez, Jordan Clarkson, and Julius Randle, to get rid of Deng's contract, it would be worth it.

Lebron, Russell Westbrook, Paul George, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Larry Nance ... all match up with the Warriors pretty well. We don't have a legit defensive center so it makes sense.

It's possible, but I wouldn't say that's obviously THE plan. I think if Brook balls out we may try to have him take a 1 year salary hit, sign the big dogs, then reward him in year 3 when we can. It all depends on how valuable Brook is to us this year.

I think it's far more likely that Bogut and his paltry contact/defense sticks with us than Brook.

Bogut is low risk, but Brook will probably command near max money.

We have to renounce Brook to sign 2 max free agents... no way the Lakers would keep Lopez at the cost of even trying to signing Lebron, George, or Westbrook.

If we cap ourselves out signing max FAs, then Bropez is clearly a better available player than Bogut.

The room MLE to retain his Bird rights clearly results in a better team. And we can still have Bogut on the vet min anyway.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#69 » by LakersSoul » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 am

Damn!! Dont you guys just love the moves that Magic/Pelinka are making? Instead of wasting near max dollars on over-the-hill or overrated players that dont fit into Luke's system, we have guys like Lopez and Bogut on limited years or vet minimum contracts. We have a ton of flexibility and much better level of talent.

I agree that depending on how we score in the summer of 2018, we can either opt to resign Lopez or if we strike it big then sign someone like Bogut on a vet minimum again. Just a ton of flexibility and options that felt that we never had under the old regime.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#70 » by milesfides » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:03 am

There's just no way Lopez, at 28 years old and arguably a top 10 center, will be on this team next season. He'll command too much money, and we need to renounce him to free up the faphold to chase Lebron, PG, and even Westbrook.

The best thing we can get out of Lopez would be a first rounder. If we can also get picks for Randle and Clarkson, then we can really entertain the idea of clearing Deng's contract, which is the impediment to landing a third star. Even if we stretch Deng, we don't get there.

We need to clear 75-90m in capspace to realistically land three superstars, which is probably what's necessary to land even one - since you can't beat the Warriors with even two.

Bogut, if he can still play and is healthy, is the far likelier candidate to be our veteran big center, for financial and defensive purposes.

If KCP and Lopez are still on our roster next season, things will have gone horribly wrong.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#71 » by LakersSoul » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 am

milesfides wrote:If KCP and Lopez are still on our roster next season, things will have gone horribly wrong.

KCP. Yes.
Lopez. No.

KCP is not needed but a stretch 5 is crucial. I know most prefer Cousins but I really like Lopez and his game. In fact, I can see Lopez settling for less to accommodate the other stars where necessary and become a part of a playoff team in LA if other stars decide to come to Lakers. Things could be interesting if Lopez decides he made enough money and would love to continue his progress in LA with LeBron and others.

Lopez will demand a lot of cash but which teams have that money?
Which teams that have that kind of money need a center?

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#72 » by Dr Aki » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:34 am

milesfides wrote:There's just no way Lopez, at 28 years old and arguably a top 10 center, will be on this team next season. He'll command too much money

Renounce for cap space, 4.5 mil room mle to retain his Bird rights, big new contract in 2019/20.

It's a funny ass manoeuvre, but the spurs did it in 2015 with manu

and we need to renounce him to free up the faphold to chase Lebron, PG, and even Westbrook.

Best typo ever
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#73 » by Slava » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:39 am

Considering his health over the past few seasons I'm not even sure he makes the full roster and even if he does, he's probably cut before the end of the season once we gain clarity on BroPez's back.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#74 » by TyCobb » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm

I've never liked Bogut. Don't really care for this signing.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#75 » by Takes5 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 am

Bogut probably now wishes he waited a few days. OKC now needs a backup C.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#76 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:18 am

LakersSoul wrote:
milesfides wrote:If KCP and Lopez are still on our roster next season, things will have gone horribly wrong.

KCP. Yes.
Lopez. No.

KCP is not needed but a stretch 5 is crucial. I know most prefer Cousins but I really like Lopez and his game. In fact, I can see Lopez settling for less to accommodate the other stars where necessary and become a part of a playoff team in LA if other stars decide to come to Lakers. Things could be interesting if Lopez decides he made enough money and would love to continue his progress in LA with LeBron and others.

Lopez will demand a lot of cash but which teams have that money?
Which teams that have that kind of money need a center?

I agree with you. I think Lopez could be a GREAT fit with us. A bit will depend on his b-ball IQ. I'll be honest, I've watched the guy here and there, but I don't really know the nuances to his game. He's a decent offensive weapon, and he spreads the floor. So far so good.
I see no reason that our signings can't become major pieces to our squad. I is very unlikely that every one of them pans out into something amazing...but let's just wait and see.

Secondly....who the hell knows what's really in Lebron's head? Or PG. Carmello just joined (or is about to) OKC....and while I think it's going to be a complete disaster (great regular season...but watch them fizzle out in playoffs just like OKC did last year) you never know. Maybe they work well together and decide to stay??? Well there just went all our stars!

Given the option....I'd rather have Lopez ball out big-time and be the answer at the 5, than sign both Lebron and PG. Two ball-dominant guys to go with Ball? And who both play Ingram's position? I'll pass. I'd rather Lopez fitting really well, and taking only one of them.

And if KCP wants to carve a spot at the Laker table for himself.....I got no problem with that.

Signing all-stars....or keeping real promising players. <-------I'll take those kinda problems
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#77 » by LakersSoul » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:27 am

TyCobb wrote:I've never liked Bogut. Don't really care for this signing.

Why waste $2.3 million on an ex-Champion, ex-NBA blocks leader, ex-All defense 2nd team?
Why waste $2.3 million on a locker room guy?
Why waste $2.3 million on a defensive center when we were one of the worst there last year?

Magic needs to do better.

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#78 » by TyCobb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:38 am

You fan different. I always remember his comments on Kobe.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#79 » by iamworthy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 am

TyCobb wrote:You fan different. I always remember his comments on Kobe.

Bruh....me too.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers