ImageImageImageImageImage

Who makes the cut? [Final Roster Predictions]

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

thankyouKOBE
Sophomore
And1: 22

Who makes the cut? [Final Roster Predictions] 

Post#1 » by thankyouKOBE » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:24 am

Point blank: What's your gut feeling/prediction on who makes the cut for opening night?

Right now, Lakers got too many players, per usual this time of the year.

Center:
1-Brook Lopez
2-Iviva Zubac
3-Thomas Bryant
4-Andrew Bogut
5-Stephen Zimmerman

Power Forward:
6-Julius Randle
7-Larry Nance Jr
8-Kyle Kuzma

Small Forward:
9-Brandon Ingram
10-Luol Deng
11-Corey Brewer

Shooting Guard
12-Kentavius Caldwell-Pope
13-Jordan Clarkson
14-Josh Hart
15-Vander Blue

Point Guard
16-Lonzo Ball
17-Tyler Ennis
18-Briante Weber

Now, Bogut was a shocker to me. FIgured he'd go for a contender, but reckon his injury history is scaring teams away. Even the Lakers are reportedly only giving him $50,000 to "see how it goes." We saw Yi Jianlian's whopping 8 MILLION deal mean zip when he wasn't a good fit, so let's just say anything could happen to anyone that isn't Lonzo or Ingram, per reports.

I think the limit is 15 players per team, so that means at least 3 cuts are coming.

The easy guesses would be Briante Weber, Vander Blue and Stephen Zimmerman. But I could see them cutting ties with others instead if the FO thinks it might lead to better chemistry/a better fit for the vision of the team moving forward. You could send Josh Hart down to the D-League since his injury was a problem and let Vander Blue get some burn since he's the D-League MVP. Maybe even Kuzma goes down there, although I think he should be used after his SL performance. I know, it's just SL, but I like him!

Bogut could easily get hurt again, or just not be a good fit, despite his talk with Coach Walton about his passing skills, championship experience, defensive anchor potential, etc. I'm more concerned as to what the FO plans to do with Luol Deng, Jordan Clarkson and even Corey Brewer. I know nothing about Weber or Zimmerman but they seem the most expendable.

If I had my pick (and I do, as I play 2K, lol) I would cut Brewer, Deng and Weber. Heck, I'd cut more but Lakers will probably keep at least 15. Just let the youngsters get more time on the court, especially with Lonzo. The heck is Deng gonna do out there with Lonzo. I know peeps say they want Deng to regain some trade value, but I just don't think he is likely to do so after that bad season.

Opening Night Lineup:

Lopez
Randle
Ingram
KCP
Ball

"People just don't understand how obsessed I am with winning."-Kobe Bryant
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Re: Who makes the cut? [Final Roster Predictions] 

Post#2 » by ROballer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am

Ball/Clarkson
KCP/Brewer/Hart
Ingram/Deng
Randle/Nance/Kuzma
Lopez/Bogut/Zubac/Bryant

With probably Weber being the last guy kept, since most of our off season moves have been centered around adding guys who can play defense.
That's the rotation on opening night, and most of the positions will remain the same for the rest of the year.
Only the PF spot will change, with Kuzma climbing on the pecking order because he is the best PF on the team and you can quote me on that.

Randle is getting traded at some point, probably around the deadline....if not, he'll still lose his job because he is not good enough and has no part of being in our future since we're saving money for real difference makers.

Ball and Ingram should see 36 mins every night, since we don't have a pick to tank for....if this doesn't happen somebody's being an idiot. The rest of the minutes at every position are up for grabs and could change from game to game, since there's not much of a value discrepancy between players.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#3 » by Ball so hard » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:51 am

I'll go with the easy cuts that you mentioned - Weber, Blue, and Zimmerman. I think there's an outside chance that Blue makes the final roster and Zubac gets cut. I just don't think Luke is a fan of Zubac.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#4 » by Dr Aki » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 pm

You forgot Caruso
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#5 » by larry14r » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:06 pm

Ball so hard wrote:I'll go with the easy cuts that you mentioned - Weber, Blue, and Zimmerman. I think there's an outside chance that Blue makes the final roster and Zubac gets cut. I just don't think Luke is a fan of Zubac.

That would be stupid to do because we need assets to move Deng remember.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by larry14r » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:09 pm

ROballer wrote:Ball/Clarkson
KCP/Brewer/Hart
Ingram/Deng
Randle/Nance/Kuzma
Lopez/Bogut/Zubac/Bryant

With probably Weber being the last guy kept, since most of our off season moves have been centered around adding guys who can play defense.
That's the rotation on opening night, and most of the positions will remain the same for the rest of the year.
Only the PF spot will change, with Kuzma climbing on the pecking order because he is the best PF on the team and you can quote me on that.

Randle is getting traded at some point, probably around the deadline....if not, he'll still lose his job because he is not good enough and has no part of being in our future since we're saving money for real difference makers.

Ball and Ingram should see 36 mins every night, since we don't have a pick to tank for....if this doesn't happen somebody's being an idiot. The rest of the minutes at every position are up for grabs and could change from game to game, since there's not much of a value discrepancy between players.

First of all you forgot Ennis so he makes the team because of guarantee contact, and the only way Weber makes it if Clarkson is dealt too.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by larry14r » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:12 pm

KCP/Brewer/Hart
Ingram/Deng
Randle/Nance/Kuzma
Lopez/Bogut/Zubac/Bryant

First of all you forgot Ennis so he makes the team because of guarantee contact, and the only way Weber makes it if Clarkson is dealt too. Also what if we fail to sign difference makers then what because when have to spend money.
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#8 » by DNP-Old » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:46 pm

larry14r wrote:
KCP/Brewer/Hart
Ingram/Deng
Randle/Nance/Kuzma
Lopez/Bogut/Zubac/Bryant

First of all you forgot Ennis so he makes the team because of guarantee contact, and the only way Weber makes it if Clarkson is dealt too.

That's what Anthony Brown thought last year.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by larry14r » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:15 pm

DNP-Old wrote:
larry14r wrote:
KCP/Brewer/Hart
Ingram/Deng
Randle/Nance/Kuzma
Lopez/Bogut/Zubac/Bryant

That's what Anthony Brown thought last year.

This is different his recent play at the end of the year pretty much guarantee him a spot. Also the Lakers have bigger things to do like trade Deng and Clarkson for cap space, and Randle might have to go too.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#10 » by TylersLakers » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 am

This team really needs Lonzo, Clarkson, Ingram and KCP to stay healthy. If one of those guys get hurt, we're going to struggle.. a lot.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers