ImageImageImageImageImage

Clarkson and Randle Thread

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Will Jordan Clarkson get traded before the deadline?

He will be traded
52%
He won’t be traded
48%

Total votes: 27

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Clarkson and Randle Thread 

Post#501 » by kblo247 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 2:24 am

Nance kicked his ass till he hurt his hand. He was boarding better on the offensive glass, converting better at the rim, and had better defensive numbers ... Then he missed weeks
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#502 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 6, 2018 3:17 am

:lol: It was 7 games... And out of those seven, look at +/-... Randle pretty much destroyed Nance. His only statistically bad games were the first 2 games of the season...
Not to mention Luke farting around with his minutes and the rotations.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,465

Post#503 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:00 am

Kilroy wrote::lol: It was 7 games... And out of those seven, look at +/-... Randle pretty much destroyed Nance. His only statistically bad games were the first 2 games of the season...

Nance has a better PER and RPM for the entire season than Randle, which are both per minute stats, which makes your entire post pretty baseless.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#504 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:14 am

dockingsched wrote:
Kilroy wrote::lol: It was 7 games... And out of those seven, look at +/-... Randle pretty much destroyed Nance. His only statistically bad games were the first 2 games of the season...

Nance has a better PER and RPM for the entire season than Randle, which are both per minute stats, which makes your entire post pretty baseless.

Based on actually watching the games... Randle is asked to do more, is more successful at it on fewer minutes... He's had vastly more impact on games than Nance and while both are limited Offensively, at least Randle has been an elite defender this season...
Nance is a liability on D when asked to stay in front of an athletic player...
Read through the Game threads... I'm not the only one seeing it...

But if PER and RPM say it, that must be the whole story...
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#505 » by tugs » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:34 am

Take Clarkson's name off the title please. Ain't no one taking him.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#506 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Jan 6, 2018 7:20 am

Lol
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#507 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:19 pm

Dock was right...
And it's not just about Clarkson and Randle anymore for me... It feels like this whole team is a placeholder right now, and we're all just waiting to see what the "New Regime" does with it...
Until then it's getting harder and harder to give a ****.

I think they'll unload Clarkson and Randle before the deadline, but like with Russell, I don't expect the return to be all that exciting, and then we'll be worse than we are now, and we'll all be talking about Free Agency.

Maybe a bit of a ranty post but I'm just surprised how much of an issue this ended up being.

One thing I keep thinking about though is I wonder if Luke had a better lineup plan, and the roles were more defined and consistent, if things would be a little better, and not quite so unsettled...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#508 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:48 pm

Kilroy wrote:Dock was right...
And it's not just about Clarkson and Randle anymore for me... It feels like this whole team is a placeholder right now, and we're all just waiting to see what the "New Regime" does with it...
Until then it's getting harder and harder to give a ****.

I think they'll unload Clarkson and Randle before the deadline, but like with Russell, I don't expect the return to be all that exciting, and then we'll be worse than we are now, and we'll all be talking about Free Agency.

Maybe a bit of a ranty post but I'm just surprised how much of an issue this ended up being.

One thing I keep thinking about though is I wonder if Luke had a better lineup plan, and the roles were more defined and consistent, if things would be a little better, and not quite so unsettled...

I agree with all of this. Especially the last point. Earlier in the season we have a relatively stable rotation and Clarkson/Randle were the catalyst for several of our wins off the bench. Injuries happened and Luke began his insane lineup tinkering again. Young guys with no stability in knowing who are when or even if they will be playing will destroy chemistry in an instant.... and I think it has.

I think they are looking to do another offseason like the one that brought us Dwight and Nash..... swing for the fences.

I also believe that if they do succeed in getting those 2 stars in there that Luke will be out as well. He was a Mitch/Jim choice and I think MagicRob want their stamp on this team from top to bottom.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#509 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:06 pm

Yeah, I've said for a while that I wasn't sure Luke was as safe as he would appear or should be...

The thing about Luke is, he learned to be a coach on 2 teams with Championship talent... He has no idea how to maximize potential... He should have done a stint under MDA.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Re: Clarkson and Randle Threading 

Post#510 » by One Love » Sat Jan 6, 2018 6:31 pm

I don’t think the questions is “who” outplays who between Randle/Nance, I think the question is “which player” works with the starting unit, & the answer is clearly “Nance”... He sets picks, rebounds, moves the ball & is comfortable doing the “dirty work”... The ball movement with Randle is terrible... He is the poster child of a ball stopper... Not bad if you play for Bulls or Memphis but not the offense Luke wants to run with our boys...

Lakeshow Baby...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#511 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 6, 2018 6:45 pm

Right, it's not about who's better, that's obvious... And my point, actually... It's not even about fit... It's about money.
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#512 » by dub81 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 7:02 pm

The whole Lakers team is just going thru the motions until next year.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#513 » by milesfides » Sat Jan 6, 2018 11:07 pm

Nance has outplayed Randle. You can debate that.

Randle is going make more than five times Nance’s 2.3m next season. Non-debatable.

Why is this even an issue? It’s not, which is why Adrian Wojnarowksi reported that Randle likely wouldn’t be back with the Lakers.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Post#514 » by MistyMountain20 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 11:36 pm

Does anyone think Nance is the most impactful player on the team? Because if it isn't Randle, than it have to be Nance using some people's logic.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#515 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:13 am

Are we fans of the Lakers or just players? This is weird.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#516 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Jan 7, 2018 4:02 am

TyCobb wrote:Are we fans of the Lakers or just players? This is weird.

Based on what I read lately I'll say players. We're supposed to be a team but it seems that some people want some layer out or traded while the fans of those players want the other players out. We're in a mess right now.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#517 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:08 am

The FO is certainly playing this like they know something. I hope they do.

Been a huge fan of getting Magic back here, but he and Rob are gonna look like a couple of fools if they dump Randle and other young players only to have PG, Cousins, and LBJ decide to stay put.

Very curious to see what we get for these guys. Hope we can unload Deng somewhere in there as well.

PG does seem pretty hellbent on coming here. Is that enough? Certainly a nice addition...but does that make it all worthwhile?
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#518 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:20 am

I've been on the Nance bandwagon since day one but my god, while he does a number of things that help us offensively he's a disaster. He misses absolute bunnies out there. Randle on the other hand does a number of things that help us too, and loses the ball constantly on ill-considered drives, and gets hung up under the rim. I appreciate getting the offensive board but clear the ball if you're outnumbered .. it's painful to watch.

So that said, I sort of don't care if they keep either one after watching the last run of games. Very discouraged
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#519 » by tugs » Sun Jan 7, 2018 10:20 am

During this time of uncertainty, I'll always look back at 2:52 and believe in the Mamba.

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#520 » by Landsberger » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:32 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:I've been on the Nance bandwagon since day one but my god, while he does a number of things that help us offensively he's a disaster. He misses absolute bunnies out there. Randle on the other hand does a number of things that help us too, and loses the ball constantly on ill-considered drives, and gets hung up under the rim. I appreciate getting the offensive board but clear the ball if you're outnumbered .. it's painful to watch.

So that said, I sort of don't care if they keep either one after watching the last run of games. Very discouraged

I agree. Neither is balanced enough to be a starting PF on a really good team. I think Kuzma is the guy for us at that position as a starter. Randle is, in all likelihood, moving on. Nance as an energy front court backup is where he should really be IMHO.

The team lacks balance at a number of positions. Kuzma's emergence is actually showing me that we have one more staring position close to settled.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers