Around the NBA IX

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Re: Around the NBA IX 

Post#1561 » by ROballer » Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 am

We can and we will. :) :)

But if we do get Leonard/George alongside Lebron, he better not turn them into glorified role players.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#1562 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 am

What happened to both Clarkson and Nance? Both have been really awful during the Cavs playoff run, Jordan can't hit a shot to save his life and Nance disappeared from the rotation in the second round. Poor guys...
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#1563 » by Slava » Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 am

Michael Lucky wrote:yeah, i don't buy the Washington General's statement either. He still has Love and a decent set of role players. Not everyone can be loaded like GSW.

yeah and those teams lose in the conference finals if they get there.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#1564 » by Wavy Q » Wed May 16, 2018 10:13 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:What happened to both Clarkson and Nance? Both have been really awful during the Cavs playoff run, Jordan can't hit a shot to save his life and Nance disappeared from the rotation in the second round. Poor guys...

They aren't good players to begin with.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#1565 » by kobe808lak » Wed May 16, 2018 1:09 pm

PHX and SAC getting better in this draft. Good talent up top as well.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#1566 » by TyCobb » Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Not worried at all. There is something about Ayton that screams... not gonna work out. I don't think I'd be able to pass on Porter. This draft has Oden/Durant written all over it.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#1567 » by Slava » Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm

I think ayton has big red flags with effort and motivation level but skillwise I'd still take him over Porter. Quite frankly there isn't anyone in this draft I'm too excited about.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#1568 » by Michael Lucky » Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 pm

TyCobb wrote:Not worried at all. There is something about Ayton that screams... not gonna work out. I don't think I'd be able to pass on Porter. This draft has Oden/Durant written all over it.

I don't know about that. Porter having a hip injury so young is the one that screams Oden to me. Lol
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1569 » by kblo247 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm

ROballer wrote:Washington Generals my **** ass.

George Hill, Clarkson, Nance, Hood, Crowder before the trade, Thomas, Wade, Rose, Korver, etc are DIFFERENT guys when they play for other teams, yet they are the trash of the league when they play with Lebron...

I literally don't get the double standard....people **** on Westbrook for being who he is, and cockriding Lebron for being THE SAME GUY, albeit the rich man's one...but still a one man wrecking crew.

It's not Westbrook's fault he plays in the West and can't win series. The Cavs weren't winning **** either in this conference.

The narrative that Lebron is making his teammates better is one the biggest misconceptions in NBA history. He's a dominant one man force and you know I've making predictions left and right that he'll end up with us, so it's not hating on him. It's just the truth.

If he does come here with at least one other superstar, he better be giving up the ball more often, he's 34 in half a year....his usage rate should not be anywhere near this high.

You **** on Westbrook, you **** on Lebron. You can't do one and not the other.

I always say the best way to illustrate lebron neutering someone is Larry Hughes.

Larry played with Gilbert Arenas, Michael Jordan, Jerry Stackhouse, and Antwan Jamison and still got his and handled the ball. He became a scrub role guy with lebron in his prime who only could play defense.

Kyrie and wade were not letting themselves be neutered
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#1570 » by Wavy Q » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 pm

The best way to illustrate LeBron neutering someone is looking at the Raptors fanbase.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1571 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed May 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#1572 » by SlimShady83 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:43 am

How dare you to make me click on that :( ... funny though :) In b4 we give a 34 year old max money for 5 years :(
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#1573 » by Cavsfansince84 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:54 am

kblo247 wrote:I always say the best way to illustrate lebron neutering someone is Larry Hughes.

Larry played with Gilbert Arenas, Michael Jordan, Jerry Stackhouse, and Antwan Jamison and still got his and handled the ball. He became a scrub role guy with lebron in his prime who only could play defense.

Hughes had a semi serious knee injury I think it was his first year with the Cavs and then was never quite the same player. LeBron didn't do anything to him. He just never had any sort of consistent jump shot and wasn't that good. Dude was a career 28% shooter from 3-10 ft out and 36% from 10-16.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#1574 » by SlimShady83 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:23 am

I think I'm starting too Root for a...

1) Sign PG - 5 years
2) Sign DMC 2-4 years
3) resign Randle 3-4 years
4) resign IT - 1-2 years?

That there can be our super team:)

DMC can come off the bench until he is ready off the Injury and we can bring hiim back slowly :)

Starters

C) Randle
PF) King Kuz
SF) Ingram
SG) PG
PG) Ball

Bench: DMC, IT, Hart, Zubac, Caruso and who ever else after this :)
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#1575 » by SlimShady83 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 am

Well, there goes Randle??? we're going to have go after a center

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249916/Julius-Randle-Wants-To-Sign-With-Playoff-Contender

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1576 » by Landsberger » Sat May 19, 2018 3:14 am

EZ GG LOSER wrote:Well, there goes Randle??? we're going to have go after a center

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249916/Julius-Randle-Wants-To-Sign-With-Playoff-Contender

How many of those can afford him? Randle is not a center defensively. He's a classic PF and even then he's much better defending in space than he is in the paint.

All of that said, this is agent floating controversial statement time of the year..... the game beneath the surface is high stakes poker for guys like him. This is his only chance at a top level contract IMHO. He's going to do everything to get the best one he can.... and I would too.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA IX 

Post#1577 » by tugs » Sat May 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Cavsfansince84 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:I always say the best way to illustrate lebron neutering someone is Larry Hughes.

Hughes had a semi serious knee injury I think it was his first year with the Cavs and then was never quite the same player. LeBron didn't do anything to him. He just never had any sort of consistent jump shot and wasn't that good. Dude was a career 28% shooter from 3-10 ft out and 36% from 10-16.
Hughes is a rhythm player. He sets himself via dribbling and that he wasn't able to do.

Kyrie and Wade had the balls to take over, while most of LeBron's teammates (current and former) just don't have em.

In LeBron's defense though, he was giving them chances, especially Clarkson and Hood. That game one was telling and those two had all the confidence in the world attacking and hoisting shot after shot (albeit missing).

I'd honestly take that over hoping Korver and Smith's hot streak will come while they don't do much on D.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1578 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat May 19, 2018 5:02 pm

EZ GG LOSER wrote:Well, there goes Randle??? we're going to have go after a center

Not nessesarily he said he wants to contend, what if we get good enough to contend this summer
Forum permissions