ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IX

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Re: Around the NBA IX 

Post#641 » by Wavy Q » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:16 am

If Isaiah Thomas isn't giving you high volume on elite efficiency then he's a net negative out there. He's so terrible defensively, its free points.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#642 » by Slava » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:12 am

Think LeBron should just feign an injury, pack it in and prep for next season.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#643 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:24 am

Slava wrote:He's not giving a **** when no one around him is prepared to give a ****. When engaged and dialed in, he is still a level above everyone else.

100%.

He does look tired, but that's because he's been doing it all by himself all year. Losing Kyrie made this season way harder than anticipated. This is another drop of evidence that he is coming here to LA with George and the young Lakers. These guys will do all the running, he will do the defense, rebounding, and passing. Our small ball center.

I can't wait till we have two elite passers on this team (Zo and Bron) surrounded by shooters in George, Kuzma, and Ingram. He'll be able to get a lot of 4th quarters off next season.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#644 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 am

All the heavy lifting? LeBron walks more than anybody on the court. I'm not sure he's going to like the run and gun style of the Lakers. Lol

I understand that you do not say no to LeBron, but Lonzo and him are a terrible fit.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#645 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:02 am

Michael Lucky wrote:All the heavy lifting? LeBron walks more than anybody on the court. I'm not sure he's going to like the run and gun style of the Lakers. Lol

I understand that you do not say no to LeBron, but Lonzo and him are a terrible fit.

come on

the major reason to signing lebron isn't to run with lonzo, it's to create good halfcourt offense through the huge gravity he creates, and lonzo can play secondary playmaker after lebron creates an opening
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#646 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:07 am

Dr Aki wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:All the heavy lifting? LeBron walks more than anybody on the court. I'm not sure he's going to like the run and gun style of the Lakers. Lol

come on

the major reason to signing lebron isn't to run with lonzo, it's to create good halfcourt offense through the huge gravity he creates, and lonzo can play secondary playmaker after lebron creates an opening

sorry, i once entertained the idea of Lonzo as an off ball guard, but not anymore. He's best served running the show. And i'm not going to want him to sit on the wing to shoot jump shots that no one is going to bother guarding anyways. You're completely underutilizing his bball IQ at that point. Even if he becomes a good off the ball shooter, you'd be underutilizing his talent just to accommodate Lebron in his twilight years. Time to move on, this organization is always stuck in the past when it comes to basketball.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#647 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:32 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

come on

sorry, i once entertained the idea of Lonzo as an off ball guard, but not anymore. He's best served running the show. And i'm not going to want him to sit on the wing to shoot jump shots that no one is going to bother guarding anyways. You're completely underutilizing his bball IQ at that point. Even if he becomes a good off the ball shooter, you'd be underutilizing his talent just to accommodate Lebron in his twilight years. Time to move on, this organization is always stuck in the past when it comes to basketball.

lonzo waiting in the wings as a shooter is the furthest thing from what i described lonzo's position next to lebron, as a secondary playmaker

lonzo isn't even a ball-dominant guard as you are wanting him to be, he doesn't need to create off the dribble like so many of his contemporaries do, when he gets the ball he's moving it to create an advantage because his advantage is making reads, not dribble-penetration.

lebron in the halfcourt is the perfect remedy to this team, which struggles in the halfcourt BECAUSE there is noone that can get to the hole or demand double coverage. lebron would act as a force multiplier FOR lonzo and vice versa
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#648 » by stan francisco » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:33 am

Lonzo makes the right pass to the open man oftentimes before the open man knows that he is open. LeBron knows how many easy buckets he'll get from playing with Lonzo, that the two could go-exist beautifully. I'm not an LBJ fan but the passing between Ball and LBJ would be unreal, and then add Ingram, Kuzma, Nance, Hart, Randle to that. Imagine what Lonzo will do when he has a double teamed star next to him. He'll tear every defense up on every possession.

And defensively, LBJ is maybe even more underrated than Lonzo. He's an elite defender. Ball, Hart, Ingram, LBJ, Nance is a solid defensive lineup.

I wouldn't want to face that team in April 2019. Not even if I were GSW.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#649 » by tugs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Ayeeee, is Serena really leaving? :( :( :(
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#650 » by Slava » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:13 pm

We might have found our Jack Nicholson replacement.

Read on Twitter
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#651 » by JohnVancouver » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm

why don't we have that purple anymore?
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#652 » by TyCobb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Jason Kidd fired from the Bucks.

What a disaster. They have some big decisions to make roster-wise. That team is a cluster ****.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#653 » by Slava » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:09 pm

TyCobb wrote:Jason Kidd fired from the Bucks.

What a disaster. They have some big decisions to make roster-wise. That team is a cluster ****.

Expected it but still wow. :o
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#654 » by TyCobb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

To get rid of Monroe's contract for Bledsoe was incredibly stupid. Now... they are forced to go in doo-doo for Parker.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#655 » by Slava » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Parker is doo-doo, given the number of surgeries he's had even if he miraculously makes career out of it, he will be about as dependable as Derrick Rose. They'd be lucky to get anything for him right now.
The_Watcher
Junior
And1: 211

Post#656 » by The_Watcher » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Now the question must be asked for us - Jason Kidd or David Fizdale?

"Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them, and your foes won’t believe them" - John Wooden
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#657 » by TyCobb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Neither!
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#658 » by iamworthy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm

The_Watcher wrote:

Are you asking who is the better coach? Didn't fizz learn under pat Riley? Fizz easily.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#659 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm

The_Watcher wrote:

Must me asked eh? Lol
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#660 » by Wavy Q » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 pm

The_Watcher wrote:

aint nobody askin that **** smh

Return to Los Angeles Lakers