ImageImageImageImageImage

How Many Max FA do you Think We'll Sign This Offseason?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

How Many Max FA Will We Sign in 2018?

40%
35%
25%

Total votes: 48

LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

How Many Max FA do you Think We'll Sign This Offseason? 

Post#1 » by LALifer49 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:34 am

Questions in the title. Want to gauge what the board thinks is most likely outcome for us.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Re: How Many Max FA do you Think We'll Sign This Offseason? 

Post#2 » by Spanish_Laker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:13 am

None. No one wants to join a team full of raw rookies and sophomores. Top FAs would rather play in title-ready NBA teams.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#3 » by LakersSoul » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:50 am

PG is coming.

We might get one more depending on how Brook Lopez continues to play. If he continues to struggle, I would suggest taking on the headache but talented DMC.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#4 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Lebron and someone else will be a Laker next year.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#5 » by dockingsched » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:34 pm

Cousins will be the first to commit, then George assuming they don’t make the conference finals
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#6 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:53 pm

we have enough cap space for one and if we make moves we may get enough space for two, but we are who we are so ya we will strike out.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Post#7 » by BBBKobe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm confident there is a slight chance of a Lebron + PG + Cousins forming. Discounts obviously.

More than likely, we'll strike out though. That being said. I don't know why Magic would trade away our best player (D'Angelo) if he didn't know for sure someone is coming.

Next summer will be something. Let's see if we can get Deng / Clarkson / Randle out of here first though.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#8 » by Beethoven » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:42 pm

Where's the option for four?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#9 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:27 am

I'll be optimistic and say one. At least one. Two is a bonus.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#10 » by Pythagoras » Wed Nov 1, 2017 5:11 am

BBBKobe wrote: I don't know why Magic would trade away our best player (D'Angelo) if he didn't know for sure someone is coming.

I’m in 100% agreement with this.

On the one hand, I don’t think the odds are great of the team landing any max guy, let alone more than one. On the other hand, the optimist in me feels like Magic couldn’t possibly be that reckless as to trade away D’Lo without being sure he could land a couple of guys.
Numbers rule the universe.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Post#11 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 5:40 am

Cousin and George perfect fit :) don't take a way playing time from Ball, Ingram or Kuzma :) who should start with those two :)

Insert: Randle, Clarkson, Nance and who ever else off the bench :)
Bring back Defense
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#12 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 7:38 am

Pythagoras wrote:
BBBKobe wrote: I don't know why Magic would trade away our best player (D'Angelo) if he didn't know for sure someone is coming.

On the one hand, I don’t think the odds are great of the team landing any max guy, let alone more than one. On the other hand, the optimist in me feels like Magic couldn’t possibly be that reckless as to trade away D’Lo without being sure he could land a couple of guys.

Don't think the two are related. Magic wanted to Dump DLo because he wanted to dump DLo. Smart choice / bad choice, that's up to you. But I don't think he (Magic) cared about next year. He wanted to dump DLo.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#13 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 7:48 am

EZ GG LOSER wrote:Cousin and George perfect fit :) don't take a way playing time from Ball, Ingram or Kuzma :) who should start with those two :)

Insert: Randle, Clarkson, Nance and who ever else off the bench :)

I don't hate your concept. I think the biggest issue is Boogie, and which guy are you gonna get? Jeckle or Hyde? Let's make an assumption here....and say Boogie and Ball get along really well. Ball feeds him, and Boogie takes care of business. I'm not talking "Shaq Prime" level.....but let's say Boogie is all-good here. Throw in PG. Throw in two more years for the bulk of our young talent.

I like the concept....but Ball /Ingram / Kuzma will need to become legit 3-point threats, or we're gonna be eaten alive by GS. If Boogie & PG comes and fits in, and we develop a nice outside game, tben I think we have a great advantage with Boogie. But if we can't spread the floor....then Boogie goes from advantage to liability in a HURRY
BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Post#14 » by BBBKobe » Wed Nov 1, 2017 12:29 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Don't think the two are related. Magic wanted to Dump DLo because he wanted to dump DLo. Smart choice / bad choice, that's up to you. But I don't think he (Magic) cared about next year. He wanted to dump DLo.

I agree with this to an extent. Magic for sure didn't like D'Angelo while our "championship" head coach love him and was very disappointed when the Lakers traded him away. Time will tell if Magic will regret this. I don't trust Magic's basketball talent evaluation. Remember what he said about MCW?

Yeah.. LOL
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#15 » by Rafer24 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:43 pm

PG will come.

I´m not sure what LeBron will do.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#16 » by One Love » Wed Nov 1, 2017 5:11 pm

I have a "vibe" that it will be PG & Cousins... PG has been very vocal about "coming home" & Cousins loves LA, Magic & what big man wouldn't love Ball... PG & Kuzma will take care of the 3's for us... Randles time is limited with this squad & KCP thinks he deserves too much money... Dude is scoring 10 PPG & wants $20 million...
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#17 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 5:49 pm

Rafer24 wrote:PG will come.

I´m not sure what LeBron will do.

Lebrons too weak to go to the west he'll stay in the East, whether it's Cavs or else where
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#18 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 5:50 pm

Cousins
Kuzma
Ingram
George
Ball

I'm getting moist just thinking about it LOL
Bring back Defense
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#19 » by Pythagoras » Fri Nov 3, 2017 12:11 pm

I'm becoming pessimistic about PG coming. The Thunder look really good early, and they're still figuring things out. I'd be leery of exactly what motivates PG if he's willing to walk away from a team that looks like it could contend for a championship just so he could be in LA.

Cousins on the other hand, is a guy I could see considering LA. Amazingly, the Pelicans have not been able to put a team around him and Davis that looks like it can be much above .500. If our young guys keep competing and can finish with a similar record, I could see him pulling a Hayward and jetting for a similar caliber team in a better market.
Numbers rule the universe.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

CAP SPACE 

Post#20 » by Dloading99 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 10:08 pm

I want to talk about this on all Levels. Please elaborate and give your opinion.

This Organization has had a reckless plan in place ever since Mitch was fired and Magic Was hired and made president of Basketball of operations. at Least Jim and Mitch had a plan build through the young players. and before you mention Mozgoff okay and Deng it happened. but hiring Luke Walton was great bringing that Golden State build through young players. shooters space the floor shoot threes. it made sense. with DLO Clarkson Randle Zubac Ingram it looked like it was finally starting to make sense and Nance. and all of the tanking was to build a winner.

1. couple of moves Porzingis some in here cringed when Jim Buss insisted on flying to Vegas to watch him workout. apparently that was Jims Guy. I will admit I wasn't a Porzingis guy I thought what if he's another Darko. so Front office knew something.
according to sources Byron Scott was the one who talked front office into drafting DLo after his workout where we wowed the front office. and then Ryan West father Jerry West said he was a 15 time all star. apparently looks like Jerry was right again. So we drafted Russell and he stumbled and did stupid stuff but that season played with Kobe looked like it was finally starting to pay off and made sense and looked like he was developing into a great player and scorer. the NBA was shifting to three point shooting and the perimeter and Mitch saw it and drafted accordingly. DLO was the right pick as we see today where the NBA is.

2. I'm going to Jump to Magic Magic comes in and says he's just here to offer expertise and anything Mitch needs he can help with. Then all of a sudden. "I WANT TO CALL THE SHOTS. the Demarcus Cousins Trade for INGRAM and RUSSELL is turned down and Magic is in with Rob and now it's all about keeping that pick. TANK on Lou Will traded Mozgoff don't show up. and The team actually looks good. Russell and Ingram look like they are playing well together as Ingram starts scoring making great plays dunking on people and Russell is averaging 20 points after all star. Zubac also looks good. then.

3. Draft Lottery Magic is dancing gets his guy Lonzo as he was flirting with him all season long. and now we hear all the trade Rumors Paul George before the draft says I want to go to the Lakers I'm not going back to Indiana and Kevin Prtichard flips. no trade to the Lakers and we come in here to Real GM and see our number two pick best player is traded for CAP SPACE

a lot of us in here are spinning our heads :noway: :crazy: :nonono: thinking we wanted to see Lonzo with Russell what would that look like the best passer with a great scorer who could space the floor how would defenses game plan us. Lonzo is going to get Russell great spots to score. it's going to make it easier for Ingram then the trade. we get Kyle Kuzma who we probably could've drafted anyway and he looks like a star. now we are saying Wow it could've been Kuzma Ingram Russell Lonzo Nance Randle and Clarkson and Zubac. yeah we would be running the league.

4. Then Magic goes on his RANT CAP SPACE I just had to get that cap space. "I wouldn't get that money if I didn't think I could use it" SLAM DLO "I wanted a leader a guy people wanted to play with. DLO is a great scorer "I DIDN'T WANT THAT." I want showtime. Magic to BIG GAME JAMES Lonzo to INGRAM on the Break WOW..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lonzo is the face of the franchise LONZO is the face of the Lakers. "THE PHONE IS RINGING AGENTS ARE CALLING. DLO's agent lol.

5. Lakers TAMPERING

6. DLO goes Crazy becomes the player we thought he would 21 points a game. 33 Wednesday against Phoenix but he always torches Phoenix. and Now the DLO bowl.

7. LEBRON and Maverick Carter Lebron Is supposedly coming to the Lakers but right now I don't think that is going to Happen then Maverick Carter Slams us and the Knicks and says Lebron will only go to a place he can win. like a lot of us have been saying in here. He's not going back to Cleveland but why the Lakers we aren't contending yet. Maverick says The Lakers haven't been good since Kobe was one of the best players in the league. basically saying the team sucks and Lebron isn't going there until they show that they can win. So getting back to the Cap space what do we have. What do we have if Lebron doesn't sign. this whole Cap Space plan is screwed if we don't get Lebron or a Superstar or Two Superstars like Magic and Rob said. But hey Jeanie " I just want an All star. I just want an all star on our team when the all star game is here in Los Angeles. so we trade a young star for Cap space for a chance to talk to Stars. the irony is the All star in Los Angeles that Jeanie wanted might be DLO Russell the Star she traded away for Cap Space.

8. So if the Lakers don't get either Lebron James Paul George or Demarcus Cousins yeah this is a failure. and that CAP SPACE plan looks like fools gold and idiotic. Magic and Rob simple as this You have to get a Superstar or TWO. you did this now Laker fans want to see you get those players. no SHOWTIME CHARM and we our building a great team. SUPERSTARS that's what you said. Sign the SUPERSTARS.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers