ImageImageImageImageImage

Randle trade rumor...Should Lakers Trade or Keep Randle?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Trade or Keep Randle

1) Keep him
34%
2) Trade him
54%
3) Undecided (specify reason)
12%

Total votes: 101

RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Randle trade rumor...Should Lakers Trade or Keep Randle? 

Post#1 » by RingsDontLie » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:46 pm

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-julius-randle-stats-future/1tt0u8s91fnl016pns9y2jdxff

I want to see what you guys think. I for one feel that the FO is going in the wrong direction. I don't think they are giving Randle a fair shot to prove himself. It's complete BS. There are too many people here thinking that Lebron is coming here, and we need to clear cap. When we clear cap, and nobody signs here, we just lost a nice young player.

No one is fighting to come here, with the exception of maybe Paul George. I personally would like us to keep Julius. You need a player with toughness and grit. That's what he brings. He can get us a lot of rebounds, he's great in transition and pushing the pace which is what we want to do...I don't understand the rumor.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Re: Trade or Keep Randle? 

Post#2 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:51 pm

Don’t know how else to put this, but too many moving parts to Randle’s situation to make a clear choice now. All I can say is play it by ear for now and so far it’s working. He has literally gone from a problem last year to a good problem to have this year.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,180

Re: Randle trade rumor...Should Lakers Trade or Keep Randle? 

Post#3 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm tired of this bs ... Trade him and find players who are happy with their rolls and we are happy with their contracts ...

We need players who are happy and want to stay in LA no matter what roll they are getting

Time to build a winning team with winning players and with players who want o play for LA
Need to also start signing players with the right contracts hopefully after next offseason this will be sorted out
Bring back Defense
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#4 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:05 pm

EZ GG LOSER wrote:I'm tired of this bs ... Trade him and find players who are happy with their rolls and we are happy with their contracts ...

We need players who are happy and want to stay in LA no matter what roll they are getting

Time to build a winning team with winning players and with players who want o play for LA
Need to also start signing players with the right contracts hopefully after next offseason this will be sorted out

Sure he was ticked when he first went to the bench, but don’t you think he got over it and is now actually embracing his new roll?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#5 » by Beethoven » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:24 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-julius-randle-stats-future/1tt0u8s91fnl016pns9y2jdxff

I want to see what you guys think. I for one feel that the FO is going in the wrong direction. I don't think they are giving Randle a fair shot to prove himself. It's complete BS. There are too many people here thinking that Lebron is coming here, and we need to clear cap. When we clear cap, and nobody signs here, we just lost a nice young player.

No one is fighting to come here, with the exception of maybe Paul George. I personally would like us to keep Julius. You need a player with toughness and grit. That's what he brings. He can get us a lot of rebounds, he's great in transition and pushing the pace which is what we want to do...I don't understand the rumor.

I personally want randle to be consistent and that we can keep him but the true mistake is fo not keeping this kind of thing to themselves.
It is akin to someone announcing publicly to my workplace that my boss is considering laying me off at the end of the business quarter.

Not good way to manage people or run a business.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#6 » by Speedlot » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:30 pm

This is why luke is PLAYING him against the bench. INFLATE his value as much as possible. If lakers have a losing record come deadline he's gone. If Randle plays GOOD enough that we make a run for the playoffs we keep him.

Honestly at this point.. he's looking good. We'll see though.

Funny, but if lonzo averages 40% from the field we make the playoffs. Keep that food for thought.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#7 » by BEazy » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:44 pm

When Randle was starting before, people complained about his motor and how he took off plays. Now that he's on the bench with limited minutes, he has a high motor and he's getting after people. Well I think Luke just figured out Randle's problem and now Randle is not happy about it because he's not in the starter spotlight. I say trade him for a 1st rounder while his value is sky high and let other teams deal with his questionable motor.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#8 » by RingsDontLie » Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:07 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:When Randle was starting before, people complained about his motor and how he took off plays. Now that he's on the bench with limited minutes, he has a high motor and he's getting after people. Well I think Luke just figured out Randle's problem and now Randle is not happy about it because he's not in the starter spotlight. I say trade him for a 1st rounder while his value is sky high and let other teams deal with his questionable motor.

Personally I'm preferring Randle over Kuzma right now. I definitely liked Kuzma over Randle in the beginning. But I'm realizing when playing tough physical teams like Boston last night, Randle adds tremendous value that's worth paying for. To me, Randle is the Laker's Draymond Green.

If he wants to start we should start him imo. Having Kuzma off the bench is a good thing. I think initially we saw how Lonzo's chemistry with Kuzma was better. But I'm not sure how important that is. Lonzo is a bit limited right now to cater to his needs.

I just wonder if this is a Luke decision, or the FO telling Luke to do it.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#9 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:10 pm

trade him if possible. Kuzma is the future 4. He's a stud.
trevm37
Junior
And1: 215

Post#10 » by trevm37 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:54 pm

I love how everyone is acting like this is new information. They've been trying to trade him since the offseason for a first, but teams already know the Lakers will renounce his rights. Why would any team give up a first round pick if they know they can sign him in the offseason.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,180

Post#11 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:04 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
EZ GG LOSER wrote:I'm tired of this bs ... Trade him and find players who are happy with their rolls and we are happy with their contracts ...

Sure he was ticked when he first went to the bench, but don’t you think he got over it and is now actually embracing his new roll?

I don't know with randle he still looked a little peed to me in games. I like randle and want him to stay as a bench roll player
Bring back Defense
Loneshot
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,009

Post#12 » by Loneshot » Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:20 pm

Excellent potential, but perhaps LA isn't the right fit. I feel he can be a very capable starter, but LA isn't very organized at the moment, or particularly over the last decade or so, which has spoiled some of the potential of recent rookies.

Clarkson, Russell, and Randle, all had the misfortune of having to prove themselves at a time when the Lakers were giving Kobe farewell seasons instead of building a new team much earlier.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#13 » by Slava » Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:23 pm

Loneshot wrote:Excellent potential, but perhaps LA isn't the right fit. I feel he can be a very capable starter, but LA isn't very organized at the moment, or particularly over the last decade or so, which has spoiled some of the potential of recent rookies.

I know its a what have you done for me recently league with short attention spans but if you include the last decade they won back to back championships so get your timeline right.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#14 » by Pointgod » Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:30 pm

Randle has had three(?) years to show and prove and I don't see much improvement. He was being outplayed by both Larry Nance and rookie Kyle Kuzma. There's no way you risk missing out on a superstar because of Julius Randle.
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#15 » by dub81 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:51 pm

If it can get Deng's contract off the books go for it.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Post#16 » by tugs » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:25 pm

Randle's value right now is being a dominant, back up C. He has a good rapport with Clarkson and is playing the best defense he has ever played. Will we miss out if he's traded? No, Thomas Bryant is the insurance. Will he be effective? Well a couple of years back, Clarkson made Jordan Hill and Ed Davis look like Amare Stoudemire.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#17 » by TylersLakers » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:48 pm

It’s absolute robbery what the Lakers are doing with Randle. And honestly, it’s a reflection of Magic Johnson. And if we trade Randle for a protected first round pick and an expiring contract, that’ll be complete BS. And if we end up losing Russell and Randle and get NOTHING, Magic deserves to be fired.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#18 » by Vae Victus » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:48 pm

If the team can get a projected #15-24 1st rounder, trade him asap and put that trade asset to work in dumping Deng.

If Clarkson can fetch a late 1st or a coupla seconds, snag that too. Package all of that + Hart or Nance and dump Deng at all costs!!!

Gotta clean up the goddamn mess left by Cupcake and Shortbus lil Jimmy.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#19 » by MelosSoreWrist » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:50 pm

trevm37 wrote:I love how everyone is acting like this is new information. They've been trying to trade him since the offseason for a first, but teams already know the Lakers will renounce his rights. Why would any team give up a first round pick if they know they can sign him in the offseason.

Well if a team really likes Randle, its safer to trade for him. He'll be a restricted free agent, if the Lakers strikeout on free agents, they might want to resign/match him.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#20 » by SashaTheMachine » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 am

I can see him in a Mavs uni next season.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers