ImageImageImageImageImage

Ingram thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Re: Ingram thread 

Post#321 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:50 pm

BI still reminds me more of Gervin than anyone. Once he really gets control of his body - he's still like a colt, wobbly a bit, but maturing fast. And if his jumper starts falling regularly the way it did against CLE, oh man
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#322 » by Landsberger » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:10 am

JohnVancouver wrote:BI still reminds me more of Gervin than anyone. Once he really gets control of his body - he's still like a colt, wobbly a bit, but maturing fast. And if his jumper starts falling regularly the way it did against CLE, oh man

I loved watching Gervin on the offensive end... smooth and effortless. On the defensive end he'd make Rudy Gay look like Dennis Rodman :lol:

Gervin had an ability to get shots off in traffic like no one I've ever seen. He rarely dunked and wasn't a fantastic shooter from beyond 15' yet he could score with anyone who's ever played.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#323 » by dockingsched » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:03 pm

This stat really shines some light on an area of his game that people want BI to get better at, not ball stopping

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#324 » by khufure » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:08 pm

From an outsider perspective, I think you gotta give BI more time. He needs more physical strength, maybe a complete conditioning program with chef and such. If possible, I'd like to see him develop his handle more so he gets more fluid on & off the ball.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#325 » by RingsDontLie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Tough for BI lately going up against Durant and Ariza. It’s also his fault for being too predictable at times.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#326 » by Landsberger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:11 pm

khufure wrote:From an outsider perspective, I think you gotta give BI more time. He needs more physical strength, maybe a complete conditioning program with chef and such. If possible, I'd like to see him develop his handle more so he gets more fluid on & off the ball.

This is the prevailing thought however this also implies that he isn't in condition or that he isn't strong for his frame. I disagree with that. The kid is working constantly from reports. He's a gym rat and working on his body. I think there is a disconnect in thinking all he needs is time to start being able to do the things physically he can't right now. His issue in the physical play isn't about weight or strength it's about body type and center of gravity. He isn't changing either of those by working out or gaining weight. It just makes what he is now bigger, it doesn't change the reasons he's not able to play physical.

What he needs is to concentrate on the things he does well and stop trying to be something he isn't. He's shooting worse this year from almost all of the distances tracked in stats yet he's a little more efficient in scoring and has upped his averages. Why? Not because he's become more physical or because he's shooting better from distance, rather because he's going to the basket where he is the best at shooting and shooting less from areas where he isn't good at shooting. To me, that is the improvement that is evident and what he needs to keep working on.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#327 » by wco81 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:14 pm

He tries to get to the rim all the time. He can be effective sometimes but it would be good if he can pull up in the lane sometimes for short jumpers or jump hooks, to keep the defense honest.

That's what KD does a lot, if he can't get all the way, he'll take the 5-8 foot jumper, just elevating over most defenders.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#328 » by LakersSoul » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:38 am

Ingram practiced with the team and said it felt good. We need Ingram and Lonzo back ASAP!

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#329 » by tugs » Fri Jan 5, 2018 1:24 pm

Wasn't BI highly touted as more of a smooth shooting scorer prior to the draft? What happened?

Kuzma is basically what BI was supposed to be. Hmmm.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Ingram thread 

Post#330 » by TwoStarz » Fri Jan 5, 2018 9:51 pm

tugs wrote:Wasn't BI highly touted as more of a smooth shooting scorer prior to the draft? What happened?

Kuzma is basically what BI was supposed to be. Hmmm.

He certainly isn’t smooth and nor is he a shooter of any type.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#331 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:53 pm

Ingram's game last night was part of what frustrates me with him. First, he had a good matchup.... no physical PF's on Charlotte to deal with and he was able to move in space. The part that frustrates me with him is that he played with energy and effort last night..... and then he'll go 4 or 5 games without energy/effort throughout. He played well on the offensive end and even hit the dreaded (for him anyway) midrange shots. He didn't get to the hoop very often and when he did Dwight was there. He was the lone bright spot in an otherwise crap performance by the team.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#332 » by dockingsched » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:53 pm

During this win streak it feels like he’s really started to make quicker decisions instead of holding the ball so much. Also feels like he’s finding the open man a bit more often than before, not so many forced bad shots.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#333 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 am

Does Ingram getting a head start in the league at a young age matter? by Pelton

hmm interesting... makes me want to grill him on late game turnovers, stops, and last shots, though.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#334 » by Laker_Kid » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 am

dockingsched wrote:During this win streak it feels like he’s really started to make quicker decisions instead of holding the ball so much. Also feels like he’s finding the open man a bit more often than before, not so many forced bad shots.

he's definitely reading the floor better, and he's knocking down the mid range. Luke approaching him about balancing his game more seems to have worked.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#335 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:54 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/real-life-diet-brandon-ingram-130000153.html

The Real-Life Diet of Brandon Ingram, the NBA's Most Talented Beanpole
Forum permissions