Ingram thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Ingram thread 

Post#241 » by Slava » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Lakers can offer him more than he can earn in RFA. That's the point I was trying to arrive at. His cap hold is around $10M anything plus or minus a couple million of that is a tolerable contract.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#242 » by iamworthy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Slava wrote:Lakers can offer him more than he can earn in RFA. That's the point I was trying to arrive at. His cap hold is around $10M anything plus or minus a couple million of that is a tolerable contract.

his contract situation is fascinating if nothing else. He could just play out the final year and become URFA. His qualifying is $12,447,726
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,946

Post#243 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:16 pm

iamworthy wrote:If you believe George Sedano, he said Randle is worth $20 million per year on the open market. Are the Lakers willing to pay that for someone coming off the bench?

I do not believe George Sedano.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#244 » by iamworthy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
iamworthy wrote:If you believe George Sedano, he said Randle is worth $20 million per year on the open market. Are the Lakers willing to pay that for someone coming off the bench?

I don't either but I think his number is higher than Jordan Clarkson. My wild guess would be around 15. I hope the young man gets as much as he can.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#245 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Yeah 15 Million sounds about right.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#246 » by stan francisco » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 pm

I think Marc Gasol can be pried away from Memphis. If they're not cookin together anymore, Lopez' expiring should be of interest to them.

Whom do you guys think we'd have to include? I'd add Zubacca. They'd be in the FA mix for Cousins if they did, right?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#247 » by stan francisco » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:42 pm

He's not fast enough, I know, but that's a good thing come playoffs time when the game slows down. During the season, we can run with Bryant and Nance and save his legs.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#248 » by iamworthy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm

So for the sake of conversation let's say we get two max guys this year and they sign for 4 years each. I think Ingram will be up for an extension in two years. Do we have 100 million for him too? He's going to be a max guy
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#249 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:31 pm

iamworthy wrote:So for the sake of conversation let's say we get two max guys this year and they sign for 4 years each. I think Ingram will be up for an extension in two years. Do we have 100 million for him too? He's going to be a max guy

Considering the revenue the Lakers made last year without even getting into the playoffs, they can easily pay Ingram.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#250 » by Spanish_Laker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

It's funny to see how Ingram was regarded as a bust at the beginning of the season and right now some people are considering him a future superstar. Hopefully he can keep it up!
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#251 » by TyCobb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:It's funny to see how Ingram was regarded as a bust at the beginning of the season and right now some people are considering him a future superstar. Hopefully he can keep it up!

We will say the same thing about you and Lonzo.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#252 » by iamworthy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:It's funny to see how Ingram was regarded as a bust at the beginning of the season and right now some people are considering him a future superstar. Hopefully he can keep it up!

As new information comes in people "should" change their opinions. Ingram was horrible last year,. Everyone acknowledges that. He's better this year, everyone acknowledges that. A good example is Slava use to kill Randle, and he wasn't wrong. Randle improved, Slava now sings his praises, and he's not wrong.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#253 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:57 pm

iamworthy wrote:

As new information comes in people "should" change their opinions. Ingram was horrible last year,. Everyone acknowledges that. He's better this year, everyone acknowledges that. A good example is Slava use to kill Randle, and he wasn't wrong. Randle improved, Slava now sings his praises, and he's not wrong.

He was also horrible for the first ten games of the season.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#254 » by Spanish_Laker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:23 pm

TyCobb wrote:

We will say the same thing about you and Lonzo.

I'd love to, hopefully Lonzo can prove me wrong.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#255 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 am

Were regular fans. We get impatient. But our guys are improving. They practice everyday. They're gaining experience. But they will improve no doubt. We are Laker fans, w have high expectations. But we must have patience with our young guys.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#256 » by RingsDontLie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:26 am

Any thoughts on what a Ingram/Paul George duo will be like...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#257 » by Kilroy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:27 am

iamworthy wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

I don't either but I think his number is higher than Jordan Clarkson. My wild guess would be around 15. I hope the young man gets as much as he can.

I think his number is right... Look at the list of players who got contracts in the last few seasons, who got 20M or more...
I think if we got him for 15 it would be a smoking deal.

He's going to walk.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#258 » by Kilroy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:44 am

RingsDontLie wrote:Any thoughts on what a Ingram/Paul George duo will be like...

Personally I think PG stunts Ingram's growth, not to mention his earning potential... I think they do too many of the same things, and Ingrams doing more of those things every day...
However, if Ingram focused more on interior scoring and PG focused more on the perimeter game, it might work. I haven't watched enough of George's defense to know if he can guard the 2... But I don't think he can guard the 1 which would be a problem for us, because as good as Ball has been on D, I'm not sure he can guard the quicker 1s...

I guess a lot depends on who we have at the 4 and 5 too...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#259 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:13 am

Kilroy wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:Any thoughts on what a Ingram/Paul George duo will be like...

Personally I think PG stunts Ingram's growth, not to mention his earning potential... I think they do too many of the same things, and Ingrams doing more of those things every day...
However, if Ingram focused more on interior scoring and PG focused more on the perimeter game, it might work. I haven't watched enough of George's defense to know if he can guard the 2... But I don't think he can guard the 1 which would be a problem for us, because as good as Ball has been on D, I'm not sure he can guard the quicker 1s...

I guess a lot depends on who we have at the 4 and 5 too...

I think these guys are the perfect fit. Ingram needs someone else to breakdown the defense so he gets a step towards the basket. Ingram doesn't project as a primary playmaker. He'd also benefit from all the open looks George creates out of the PNR.

Instead of you guys thinking about George taking possessions away from Ingram, I'd think of him as a point forward and spot up shooter who is taking possessions away from inefficient guys like Lonzo Ball while bringing Ingram up to respectable (or perhaps even good) efficiency quickly
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#260 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:51 am

Simplisticly. One is Durant. One is curry. One is thompson. How's that. Please, the word simplistically is really really a loose usage of term. Don't get feelings hurt with analogy.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Los Angeles Lakers