ImageImageImageImageImage

Ingram thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Re: Ingram thread 

Post#341 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:56 am

dude is definitely coming along. he used to just drive through the perimeter earlier in the season but now showing he's got range. a consistent shot would really elevate his game.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#342 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:57 am

What is he shooting from outside the paint?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548

Post#343 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:48 am

It doesn't say when this is from, but if legit it sure seems like he prefers the way the hoop looks from the left side of the court.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#344 » by Landsberger » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:01 am

wco81 wrote:What is he shooting from outside the paint?

He takes 39% of his shots from 0-3' and makes 64% of them.
3-10' he shoots 21% on 15% of his overall shots. :o (must be all of the blocked shots we see)
10-16' he's shooting 38% on another 14% of his overall shots.
16-20' he's shooting 39% on 20% of his shots...
...and then he's shooting 34% from 3 on the remaining 12%
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#345 » by TyCobb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:09 am

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180130-kinstons-finest

MT: When did you first get the sense that Ingram could be the next kid out of Kinston to follow in your footsteps?
Stack: When I saw him playing as a 7th grader … I knew him before then, but just seeing the length was the first thing (that stands out). Then when he was an 8th grader, he was working out with the high school team. Just from his understanding of the game, being in the right spots ... He was a kid that ran to the ball. It was amazing and refreshing to see a kid that was cool with movement, being away from the ball, that didn’t have to touch it to be effective. He’d set screens … handle the basketball … soak up everything we were trying to teach defensively, and then his ability to shoot the ball. That’s why it’s such a funny thing to me when they talk about him getting his 3-point shot. That was the best part of his game as a young player, to step out and shoot the basketball. I think it’s more about him getting comfortable the same way he was at Duke. He’s going to really show how capable he is of shooting the ball at this level. But yeah, he was special. He’s a sponge, so as long as he keeps getting good coaching, he’ll get better.

MT: You mentioned how he’s always doing the right thing, and the Lakers coaches seem to love that, while at the same time, sometimes they want him to be even more aggressive. But ultimately, I guess you never want to discourage someone from making the “right” play.
Stackhouse: I just think when Lonzo is back, that can become contagious with this group. That’s what has to be contagious, for them to trust each other a little bit more. That’s a good shot, but if I move it one more, that’s a great one. If you get more guys doing that, (Brandon) won’t have to be more aggressive because it will naturally flow to him that way. He’ll be that guy getting the extra pass, and when he’s in that spot, he’s the one making the extra pass. That’s youth. Now when they figure out they really need each other to win, it will start to flip.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#346 » by TyCobb » Tue Feb 6, 2018 6:59 pm

Bump.

This guy is still... untouchable. The progress he has shown this season goes beyond the boxscore--any real scout will tell you that. We already have a monster in our possession. Show some damn respect.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

6RH9YF7951E8 

Post#347 » by mcscotty » Tue Feb 6, 2018 7:15 pm

TyCobb wrote:Bump.

This guy is still... untouchable. The progress he has shown this season goes beyond the boxscore--any real scout will tell you that. We already have a monster in our possession. Show some damn respect.

He's been putting in serious work. Even starting to pack on some good weight.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#348 » by milesfides » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:23 am

He had a couple good games, but no, he has not had an untouchable season at all. Nobody is trash after a couple bad games, and nobody made the leap after a couple good ones.

It’s interesting how he’ll play when Lonzo gets back ... its also hard to make any assessments with KCP and Lopez in the main rotation, because they have zero future with us.

I just want him to play better defense and hit/take more threes. That’s a role this team needs, and the other aspects will definitely make him a more complete player. But his bread and butter needs to be 3-and-D.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#349 » by TyCobb » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:27 am

LOL You just like being that guy.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Post#350 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:50 am

Hehehe
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#351 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:35 am

Ingram's last 15 games:
16/5/5 on 50/50/69 shooting

Ingram this season:
16/5/3 on 46/37/68 shooting

PG's 2nd season (1 year older than Ingram):
12/5/2 on 44/38/80 shooting

PG's 3rd season:
17/7/4 on 42/36/80 shooting

So far Ingram is having a raw statistically better season than PG's 2nd season and his season is pretty close to PG's 3rd season. PG did average 1 more point than Ingram is now but it did take him 2 more shots a game to average it. I know it's hard to stay patient with young raw guys but Ingram has definitely begun to start showing those flashes of a stud player.
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#352 » by what would jack bauer do? » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Kid's 3 point shot has been legit. Props to Ingram on hitting 39.3% of his threes this season. Make the defense have to keep an eye out for you out there rather than being one dimensional. After that bad New York game of relentless attacking the rim without success, Ingram's game continues to grow.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#353 » by Landsberger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:53 pm

What I'm noticing is that he's changed his shot from distance quit a bit in terms of form. He's slowed his release down a ton and is not really trying to jump when shooting the 3 or long 2's. his release point isn't as high either. What that's doing is making his shooting motion consistent which it wasn't last year or even earlier this year. He had different release points, different gathers and different arm positions on shots from the same distance last year. That's why he's been so up and down shooting from outside the paint. Getting those long arms controlled is where he's had his issues with form. It's evident that someone has been working with him on that. He's slowed down and gathering the same regardless of distance now.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#354 » by TyCobb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:57 pm

I've always thought a lack of muscle leads to inconsistent shooting motions. I don't know if it makes sense to anybody else, but I think a lot of his success this season is due to the weight room improvements, same with Randle to a degree.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#355 » by Landsberger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:14 pm

TyCobb wrote:I've always thought a lack of muscle leads to inconsistent shooting motions. I don't know if it makes sense to anybody else, but I think a lot of his success this season is due to the weight room improvements, same with Randle to a degree.

Lifting weights is a double edged sword in my experience. You get stronger but you loose muscle memory as well. The way you lift is important.

That said, I do believe Ingram's increased arm strength is part of his better shooting. Last year he was bending at the waste and jumping to shoot from 3. The last several games he's essentially set shooting with minimal leg bending. That's strength. Doing it that way helps to eliminate the 4th quarter short shots because of leg fatigue as well. He's noticeably stronger in his arms over last year. Now..... about those legs..... :lol:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,455

Post#356 » by Slava » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:15 pm

TyCobb wrote:I've always thought a lack of muscle leads to inconsistent shooting motions. I don't know if it makes sense to anybody else, but I think a lot of his success this season is due to the weight room improvements, same with Randle to a degree.

Without leg strength they basically have to sling it using the arms, especially from 3 and even more so in late quarters when the energy is low.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#357 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Slava wrote:

Without leg strength they basically have to sling it using the arms, especially from 3 and even more so in late quarters when the energy is low.

This to me is the biggest thing. His shot from deep was very inconsistent and many of the times it didn't look like he was shooting, it looked more like a sling shot. Over the last month or so his jumper has looked better than I have ever seen it, no sling shot but an actually nice looking shooting form. If he can keep this going watch out, mix a consistent shot with his facilitating, length, handles and finishing at the rim at a 66% clip. You got yourself one hell of an efficient versatile player.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,407

Post#358 » by Danny Darko » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 am

10 for his last 18 3 pointers...
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#359 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:23 am

Danny Darko wrote:10 for his last 18 3 pointers...
hmm weird cut off consider he is 9 for his last 11.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,407

Post#360 » by Danny Darko » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:10 for his last 18 3 pointers...
hmm weird cut off consider he is 9 for his last 11.

radio quote and it was wrong... he's 11-16

And perhaps more importantly he's .393 on the year and his worst month all year (Jan) was .316

Return to Los Angeles Lakers