ImageImageImageImageImage

Q About Ball

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Q About Ball 

Post#1 » by -Spyda- » Mon Dec 4, 2017 12:11 pm

I know you all love Ball. I dont know why but ok.
If you can chose point guard from this list will you swap Ball for one of them ?

Kemba Walker
Damian Lillard
Mike Conley

?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,112

Re: Q About Ball 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Mon Dec 4, 2017 12:41 pm

no
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#3 » by Slava » Mon Dec 4, 2017 1:04 pm

Dr Aki wrote:no
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#4 » by Pythagoras » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:33 pm

-Spyda- wrote:I know you all love Ball. I dont know why but ok.
If you can chose point guard from this list will you swap Ball for one of them ?

Kemba Walker
Damian Lillard
Mike Conley

?

He's a much bigger project than I thought he'd be, scoring wise. We tolerate it now because the team isn't going anywhere, but I'm starting to get more confident about the Lakers chances of winning the FA game this offseason, and if this team is ready to win next year he can't still be clanging shots like this.
Numbers rule the universe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#5 » by stan francisco » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:14 pm

No. He's already NBA top 9 in assists, he still has pimples, and he's barely just put on his sneaks...
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#6 » by TylersLakers » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:44 pm

With Lillard, I'd consider a deal. Not Walker or Conley, however.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,094

Post#7 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:20 pm

his a rookie and 20 years heck no. gets like 6 + In reb and ast already. Just wait until he settles in and start scoring.
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
The_Watcher
Junior
And1: 211

Post#8 » by The_Watcher » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:38 am

I'll take Lillard

"Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them, and your foes won’t believe them" - John Wooden
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#9 » by DS17 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:25 am

lillard; who also says hed want to be on the lakers(and the jazz lol), if he were to pick a team other than the trail blazers
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#10 » by LakersSoul » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:21 pm

-Spyda- wrote:I know you all love Ball. I dont know why but ok.

Kemba Walker
Damian Lillard
Mike Conley

?

Spyda, are you a Lakers fan?

I understand the impatience on Lonzo Ball especially after all the hype but you have to give Lonzo more time and NOT expect him to be an instant star where he scores 20 points a game. That is not him, right now. Next season, I hope to see Lonzo get 14/8/8 and improve on all his scoring options. For now, appreciate his game and his improved defense, rebounding, passing and every once in 4 games a good scoring night. You have to give this kid enough time to find his rhythm and understand the game and the opponents better.

Do you like Brandon Ingram?

Well, Ingram is inconsistent at times but he is flashing star ability right now. He is averaging 16 points a game with improved numbers across the board from rebounding to assists to steals to all the scoring stats (3 point % to FT shooting %). That said, many called him a bust last year. Last year, he averaged 9.4 ppg, under .300 from 3 point range and 62% FT shooting. Ouch!! Yet, Magic called him untouchable. In fact, Ingram first 58 games (pre-AS games), he had 18 games where he scored in double figures. In other words, 40 out of 58 games he couldnt score 10 points. Another fact, in those 58 games, Ingram high in scoring was 17 points.

17 friggin points was his best game in 58 games. This is why people were calling him a bust.

Ingram averaged 9.4 ppg and 4.0 rpg for the whole season and that number improved because of a hot 2nd half. Do you know what our "bust" Lonzo is averaging?

8.7 ppg
6.9 rpg
7.0 apg

Do you understand these numbers? Those are crazy numbers. Lonzo's high in scoring this season was 29. High in assists was 13, twice. High in rebounding was 16 with 6 games where he hit double digits. Lonzo has twice achieved triple double and multiple times where he just missed a triple double.

I know its not easy as a Lakers fan but seriously dont worry so much about his shooting % right now. He will get better as he gets more comfortable. Go to youtube and hit Lakers Film Room and enjoy the "Lonzo Ball Passing Compilation." You will see an improving Lonzo Ball in the 2nd half and I expect him to make a huge jump next year after a summer of workout and gaining strength.

In my humble opinion, I think Lonzo Ball's untapped potential/ceiling is not Jason Kidd but even higher.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#11 » by Kobe System » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:17 pm

I'd do Dame for Lonzo swap. I'd throw in Deng for salary matching purposes. :wink:
OzCastiel
Senior
And1: 531

Post#12 » by OzCastiel » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:09 pm

If LA plans on finally being able to get least get a meeting with a top talent in free agency the answer should be yes to all of them. At least you'd have something that you could trade and get something of value back. Ingram has shown flashes of being a solid #3 guy on what could be a great team. Ball, bleh
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#13 » by Marionettetc » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:15 pm

Nope. Even if he never develops it's likely some team will take him just based on his draft position and "potential".

The NBA loves potential.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#14 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:25 pm

I'd consider Lillard, but tbh, i'd much rather have cap space overall.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#15 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:39 am

The_Watcher wrote:I'll take Lillard

I won't. Ball is already a better defender.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4

Return to Los Angeles Lakers