ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers need to play Deng

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Re: Lakers need to play Deng 

Post#21 » by BBBKobe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 am

the7boss wrote:Man, that's life. Getting paid millions of $ and asked to do absolutely nothing.

Sounds like the life to mostly everyone in the world. But for a basketball player who still "thinks" they have it, is it really the life?

I imagine buy-out talks will start to reengage at the start of summer. Lakers would prefer a buy-out in their favor, but is Deng willing to lose money? Smart answer is no, but maybe...
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#22 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Let this hostage situation, be a reminder of what Jimmy Buss got us into.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#23 » by LakersLegacy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:02 pm

I’m thrilled we are showcasing the future team to free agents

It’s not about showcasing Deng at this point. Could you imagine IF he got injured! We are preserving him so that if a team wants Randle, Clarkson and maybe; oh you twisted my arm I guess Nance we can get ahead of him

Even tho I love Nance.

It’s also a strategy so he may accept a buy out. I think the Lakers need to pay him a lot and buy him out. But he most likely will sign an extension so the cap hit is less each year 3.3 mil and then be strecth provisioned.

So the Lakers will have 4% less money for a long time.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#24 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:32 am

Why's he rotting on the bench again? Surely he could possibly provide some decent shots that Brewer can't make.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#25 » by Laker_Kid » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Why's he rotting on the bench again?

he is a corpse. and he sucks.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#26 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 am

Laker_Kid wrote:

Might be old & sucks but I have hard time believing he can't fill Brewer's role with Deng being able to shoot a 3 now and then unlike Brewer.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#27 » by Laker_Kid » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:

Might be old & sucks but I have hard time believing he can't fill Brewer's role with Deng being able to shoot a 3 now and then unlike Brewer.

Deng cant play the 3 anymore. he is slow and out of shape. actually, he can’t play at all anymore.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#28 » by Spens1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:
UtahJazzFan88 wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:he is a corpse. and he sucks.

Deng cant play the 3 anymore. he is slow and out of shape. actually, he can’t play at all anymore.

may be worth playing him as a stretch 4 in limited minutes, he may suck but even we could get something out of him even if its garbage time minutes when randle is playing centre and kuzma is on the bench or playing S.F.
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#29 » by iQon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Please let this thread die. Playing him isn't going to put Pelinka on any GM's speed dial.

How do I empathize for Deng, when it would appear he's holding out for a trade? If he truly feels that you have something to offer in this league, then the solution is simple. Negotiate a buyout!

Sounds like he decided to take the guaranteed money, if you ask me. Understandable. But forgive me for not feeling sorry for him. Enjoy retirement, Luol.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers