ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME:42 Los Angeles Lakers (14-27) VS Dallas Mavericks (15-28) - WIN - 15-27

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: GAME:42 Los Angeles Lakers (14-27) VS Dallas Mavericks (15-28) - WIN - 15-27 

Post#261 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:20 am

Zo is literally flying all over the place defensively... almost every one of their misses came from Zo's man either on a strong close out or one on one.

Still to come? 92-87 Lakers.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: GAME:42 Los Angeles Lakers (14-27) VS Dallas Mavericks (15-28) - WIN - 15-27 

Post#262 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:26 am

Every Dallas bucket down the stretch has been on Julius and Kuzma.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#263 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 am

Randle with no handle and into OT we go...

Lonzo's defense was why we came back into this game... he must have been a coward in OT. Time to see.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#264 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:49 am

OT:

- Randle good D on Barnes, miss
- Zo finds JC on a curl for 3, make. 98-95
- Barnes gets Zo on a switch, miss
- Offensive board tipped out by Powell.
- Zo chases Ferrell off three, but pulls up for a 2, make. 98-97
- Zo posts Smith Jr., gets fed, gets a layup. 100-97
- KCP fouls Smith Jr. on a jumper, DSJ makes both free throws 100-99
- Zo screens Kuzma's guy, Kuz comes around for a curl free throw jumper, miss
- DSJ tries to take Kuz one on one dribble TO
- Clarkson dribbles for 18 seconds, Randle gets ball and turn around bucket. 102-99
- DSJ attempts 3 over Zo close out, miss
- Clarkson gets a Randle screen and pulls up, zero passes, make. 104-99
- Zo fouls a cutting Ferrell on a trip.
- Randle D's up Barnes, airball miss.
- Clarkson three off a Randle screen, miss.
- Ferrell pull up 3 on Zo, miss.
- Randle offensive foul on a post up (flop) by Matthews
- Matthews drives gets fouled, makes 2 free throws. 104-101
- Zo misses floater, Randle OB put back 106-101

Um... not sure what you saw, but you should probably check the tape. Coward, such a strong word. Also, team high 43 minutes, with 7 in the 1Q. That means 36 of the final 41 minutes he was on the court and from the 10 minute mark in the 4th he played it all. Score at that point? 70-76 Dallas.

Great team win.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#265 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 am

Happy to see us checking off W's.

Seems like that defense has come back. I'm very pleased with that. It gives us something to point to in the "improvement" category. We can hang our hat on defense, and stay in games.

Some of they guys are really playing well, to boot. I think Ingram is finally emerging. Shame the ankle took him out. Hopefully it's just a day or two.

Handful of winnable games coming up as well....so let's keep it going.

Nod to Randle. Good game.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: GAME:42 Los Angeles Lakers (14-27) VS Dallas Mavericks (15-28) 11:00AM 

Post#266 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Slava wrote:Can't blame randle taking charge when Lonzo cowarded out in the end.
How did Zo coward out in the end ? Do most here even realize what the Lakers were doing when JC was bringing the ball up ?

Seems to me some are missing what was going on.

Trying to milk the clock with a much better dribbler? Not like he didn't contribute or attempt anything in OT. Weird vibes from two people. Whatever.

FOUR IN A ROW.

:rockon:

15-21 with Zo, 0-6 without him.
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#267 » by hazy_01 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 am

It’s pretty evident we need a new back-up pg. I cringe everytime Ennis steps on the floor, like I’m expecting he will mess up our lead. There were so many plays where he just made the wrong reads as a point guard (not shooting the 3 when he’s open, forcing a lay-up drive instead of passing it out) and also his defense is always suspect.

Also what’s up with Lopez taking those pull up 3’s with 20 seconds on the shot clock?
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#268 » by TwoStarz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:49 am

TyCobb wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
Slava wrote:Can't blame randle taking charge when Lonzo cowarded out in the end.
How did Zo coward out in the end ? Do most here even realize what the Lakers were doing when JC was bringing the ball up ?

Seems to me some are missing what was going on.

Trying to milk the clock with a much better dribbler? Not like he didn't contribute or attempt anything in OT. Weird vibes from two people. Whatever.

FOUR IN A ROW.

:rockon:

15-21 with Zo, 0-6 without him.

Defensively he was all over the place and yes, he was a net positive anytime he was on floor because that’s who ZO is. It’s just annoying when he passes up the ball and goes to hide in a corner. He had two great offensive plays in OT, post up pass to JC for a three and a post up bucket for himself but other than that he didn’t do much Offensively. I know JC got hot and we got the W, which is all that really matters but we know and I know what ZO is capable of when he’s confident and aggressive. I just didn’t see much of it during the end and maybe it’s cause his shot wasn’t falling all night. I want to see our future initiate the offense in a close game, not JC and Randle (who both played a major role in our W) .

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#269 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 am

TwoStarz wrote:Defensively he was all over the place and yes, he was a net positive anytime he was on floor because that’s who ZO is. It’s just annoying when he passes up the ball and goes to hide in a corner. He had two great offensive plays in OT, post up pass to JC for a three and a post up bucket for himself but other than that he didn’t do much Offensively. I know JC got hot and we got the W, which is all that really matters but we know and I know what ZO is capable of when he’s confident and aggressive. I just didn’t see much of it during the end and maybe it’s cause his shot wasn’t falling all night. I want to see our future initiate the offense in a close game, not JC and Randle (who both played a major role in our W) .

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Good post. I've been scouting Zo for awhile, and I don't think he is an iso-guy, good dribbler at this point. I'm thrilled with him knowing his limitations at this point in his career and letting JC hold the ball out while running a two-man game with Julius. He still did a lot off ball and defensively like you said. Part of the reason JC got the ball was that DSJ was guarding Zo full court. Clarkson's guy was nowhere to be seen till crossing half court. And once JC did have... he didn't look to pass, except for on a bail out to Julius who saved him with a turnaround after getting it with just 6 seconds left.

I think it is clear that Zo still has ways to go with his handles and iso game.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#270 » by TKainZero » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:31 am

hazy_01 wrote:It’s pretty evident we need a new back-up pg. I cringe everytime Ennis steps on the floor, like I’m expecting he will mess up our lead. There were so many plays where he just made the wrong reads as a point guard (not shooting the 3 when he’s open, forcing a lay-up drive instead of passing it out) and also his defense is always suspect.

Also what’s up with Lopez taking those pull up 3’s with 20 seconds on the shot clock?

Ramon sessions just got waived
Not great. But fine as backup pg.

Better than ennis
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#271 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 am

Walton talking in the post-game like he really wants Randle long-term. He's pretty high on him and his future potential. I think JC is the goner.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#272 » by TwoStarz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:33 am

It’s a damn shame Ingram got injured this game which I hope doesn’t keep him out for an extended period. He was really a changed player the last few games. Was looking like he was coming into his own and would suck if the injury took him out of his flow.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,110

Post#273 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 am

moving into 6th worst record, boston now only has a 15.2% chance of taking the pick
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#274 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Slava wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Sounds like Lonzo was too passive down the stretch? I had to dip out after down 10 in the 4th. I have it recorded so I can't wait to watch later on. Even if he did... we got the W, so that is a huge shock to me. WOO!!!

It wasn't about being passive he was hiding from the ball and passing it as soon as he touched it, which was what pissed me off. Clarkson handled the ball and kcp, Randle got us home.
Again like I said in the other post where I quoted you...did you even realize what they were doing with JC bringing it up, because I'll be glad to explain it to you. And yes normally the PG takes charge down the stretch, but it was a reason Zo was giving it up to JC. Wasn't like JC was jack'in the ball out his hands.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#275 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Dr Aki wrote:moving into 6th worst record, boston now only has a 15.2% chance of taking the pick

The pick being played down is all Laker fans even wanted. I was arguing this on the Celtic's board 2 weeks ago, they were sure that pick was going to finish #1.

I just want it to be out the top 5, because even though they say this draft will be the best in the last 35 years...it won't be all that past the top 5 picks.

Lots of good players but no franchise changers past #5 for sure. No in my opinion anyway and I watch a ton of college ball to know
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#276 » by Slava » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
Slava wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Sounds like Lonzo was too passive down the stretch? I had to dip out after down 10 in the 4th. I have it recorded so I can't wait to watch later on. Even if he did... we got the W, so that is a huge shock to me. WOO!!!

It wasn't about being passive he was hiding from the ball and passing it as soon as he touched it, which was what pissed me off. Clarkson handled the ball and kcp, Randle got us home.
Again like I said in the other post where I quoted you...did you even realize what they were doing with JC bringing it up, because I'll be glad to explain it to you. And yes normally the PG takes charge down the stretch, but it was a reason Zo was giving it up to JC. Wasn't like JC was jack'in the ball out his hands.

I'm sure I mentioned this before but there wasn't any grand design to get Clarkson on the ball. The team needed offense, Clarkson and Randle were the most willing to take responsibility for it. Some of the shots they made were high degree of difficulty stuff and on a different day and against a better team we lose the game by 10 because turnaround jumpers with a hand in your face is not sustainable offense.

I expected Lonzo to generate some better looks with the ball in his hands, otherwise there is no point to him being there spotting up in the corner because he is a crappy shooter.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#277 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:46 pm

hazy_01 wrote:It’s pretty evident we need a new back-up pg.?

Why i'm so disappointed we didn't sign TBurke for the rest of the season - he was there to be had. Zo, Burke, Caruso - nice rotation
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#278 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Great to get he win but ... Julius still disappoints me with his turnovers and hero-ball tendencies. Good defender, great passer, a bull down low and quite effective with his weird, awkward looking moves in the key. But he can be counted on to lose the ball at the worst times ... nobody's perfect but gdamn, tough to watch. he's so close
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon

Return to Los Angeles Lakers