ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Kobe_for_3
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Re: The Offseason Of Redemption. Lakers Rumors, Trades, Signings 2018. 

Post#1121 » by Kobe_for_3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

jPHENOM5 wrote:If the Lakers can guarantee Lebron, Paul George, and Randle or another superstar to sign with the Lakers, do you think this trade is fair to unload Deng’s contract?

Atlanta gets
Luol Deng
Kyle Kuzma
25th pick

Lakers get
Atlanta’s 34th Pick

Atlanta gets to rebuild and potential have four 1st round picks in this years draft.. picks 3, 19, 25, 30 and Kyle Kuzma to play alongside John Collins.

Lakers roster looks something like..

Lonzo Ball
Paul George/Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Julius Randle

Lakers could fill out the roster with the 34th, 47th pick, and sign veterans deals and maybe use the MLE?

that sounds great but I dont think it would be enough to get Dang off the books with 2years left. I have this feeling that Dang will still be on the roster for the start of next year :( the only good thing about that is he will be easier to move with one year left.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1122 » by Pythagoras » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 pm

jPHENOM5 wrote:If the Lakers can guarantee Lebron, Paul George, and Randle or another superstar to sign with the Lakers, do you think this trade is fair to unload Deng’s contract?

Atlanta gets
Luol Deng
Kyle Kuzma
25th pick

Lakers get
Atlanta’s 34th Pick

Atlanta gets to rebuild and potential have four 1st round picks in this years draft.. picks 3, 19, 25, 30 and Kyle Kuzma to play alongside John Collins.

Lonzo Ball
Paul George/Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Julius Randle

Lakers could fill out the roster with the 34th, 47th pick, and sign veterans deals and maybe use the MLE?

I wouldn't be against trading either Ingram or Kuzma in order to keep Randle (assuming we add PG and Lebron), but I wouldn't add the 25th pick on top of Kuzma just to do a salary dump.
Numbers rule the universe.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,516

Post#1123 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Pythagoras wrote:

Atlanta gets
Luol Deng
Kyle Kuzma
25th pick

Lakers get
Atlanta’s 34th Pick

Lonzo Ball
Paul George/Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Julius Randle

I wouldn't be against trading either Ingram or Kuzma in order to keep Randle (assuming we add PG and Lebron), but I wouldn't add the 25th pick on top of Kuzma just to do a salary dump.

Out of the young guys Ingram is the last one i would trade. Lonzo's scoring inneficiency is a serious issue and Kuzma was an old rookie likely making his production not too far from his ceiling.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#1124 » by Rosque » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 pm

1. Renounced $ 1,471,382 2017-18 cap hold for Metta World Peace
2. Renounced $ 1,471,382 2017-18 cap hold for Thomas Robinson
3. Renounced $ 21,295,073 2018-19 cap hold for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
4. Renounced $ 33,963,525 2018-19 cap hold for Brook Lopez
5. Renounced $ 11,131,368 2018-19 cap hold for Channing Frye
6. Renounced $ 9,392,093 2018-19 cap hold for Isaiah Thomas
7. Renounced $ 1,699,698 2018-19 cap hold for Travis Wear
8. Renounced $ 1,537,872 2018-19 cap hold for Andre Ingram
9. Renounced $ 1,351,118 2018-19 cap hold for Gary Payton II
10. Renounced $ 1,351,118 2018-19 cap hold for Alex Caruso
11. Re-signed Luol Deng to 3yrs/$ 5,455,581 contract starting in 2020-21 using Extension
12. Waived Luol Deng in 2018-19 with $ 43,245,162 remaining over 5 year(s)(stretched)
13. Waived Tyler Ennis in 2018-19 with $ 0 remaining over 0 year(s)
14. Waived Ivica Zubac in 2018-19 with $ 0 remaining over 0 year(s)
15. Waived Thomas Bryant in 2018-19 with $ 0 remaining over 0 year(s)
16. Signed LeBron James to 2yrs/$ 72,467,500 contract starting in 2018-19 using Cap Space

Which gives us Ball/Ingram/LeBron/Kuzma/Randle best 5 with Hart on the bench and 26 mil to fill the rest of the squad. A PG, SG, C is what is needed. We could sign Derrick Rose to a backup PG position to 2yrs/$ 4,865,608 contract starting in 2018-19 using 10-Year Vet. Minimum Exception. Sign Hezonja for 8 mil 1yr deal. This leaves 18 mil for a center position. I say we give BroLo 13 and 5 to Noel.

Ball/Rose
Ingram/Hart
LeBron/Hezonja
Randle/Kuzma
BroLo/Noel
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1125 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Atlanta gets
Luol Deng
Kyle Kuzma
25th pick

Lakers get
Atlanta’s 34th Pick

Lonzo Ball
Paul George/Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Julius Randle

Out of the young guys Ingram is the last one i would trade. Lonzo's scoring inneficiency is a serious issue and Kuzma was an old rookie likely making his production not too far from his ceiling.

I would tend to agree. In fact, I’d bet decent money on Ingram being just as good as PG next year.
Numbers rule the universe.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,025

Post#1126 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 am

NBAWestFan wrote:I don't think you trade the young guys yet.

I still can't imagine a team like the Hawks wouldn't take him for just the 1st rounder, and maybe another 2nd rounder or two. The salary cap means absolutely nothing to them at this point. They're in pure rebuild mode, so the focal point should be on amassing as many assets as possible. You're basically getting a free 1st rounder to park somebody's bad contract that isn't even a factor for you at this stage.

At any rate, somebody point this out on the GB, and it makes sense to me. We only really need to dump Deng if both LeBron and George are coming. Perhaps not even then, but retaining Randle would be nice -- provided he doesn't get a stupid contract this summer, of course. Otherwise, if it's just George, we can sit on Deng until next season, when that salary suddenly becomes an actual asset to shed a good chunk of salary.

Guess we'll finally know in about a month or so. Just have to sit tight, but I can't imagine the front office hasn't mapped out every single possibility and contingency.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,390

Post#1127 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:01 am

Rosque wrote:12. Waived Luol Deng in 2018-19 with $ 43,245,162 remaining over 5 year(s)(stretched)

I think you mean 11 years
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#1128 » by gts1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:16 am

Dr Aki wrote:
Rosque wrote:12. Waived Luol Deng in 2018-19 with $ 43,245,162 remaining over 5 year(s)(stretched)

I think you mean 11 years
yeah it's 11 years if they do the sign and waive... still not sure the league would allow that.. though technically legal it's definitely trying to circumnavigate the CBA
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Post#1129 » by AGAVE » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 am

One way or another, Deng is getting paid to play along.
So why wouldn't he help his situation and work with our FO with his contract going out
Respect Elgin Baylor
yungmasaiah
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#1130 » by yungmasaiah » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 am

Hey guys you want a superteam? Lemme Give you a superteam (idea):

2018-2019Lakers+Bron(33m/yr)+PG(30M/yr)=21 mil cap space available

3 team trade:
Lakers receives: Kemba Walker(CHA 12M/1yr)/Paul Zipser(CHI 1M/2yrs)

Charlotte receives: Brandon Ingram(LA 5M/2yrs)/Luol deng(18M/2yrs)/LA unprotected 2019 1st round pick

Chicago receives: Jeremy Lamb(CHA 7m/1yr)/LA 2019 2nd rd pick

After this trade LA has 31M cap space available

LA signs Demarcus Cousins (31M/yr)
LA re-signs J.Randle with lux tax via bird rights
LA signs a bunch of FA/vet ring chasers

Walker/PG/Bron/Randle/Cousins
ZO/Hart/FA/ Kuz/(Zubac/FA)
Ennis/-/FA/FA/T.Bryant

this team beats GSW in 5 games
If you totally feel like ruining the NBA trade Randle/ZO/Kuz for DeMar DeRozan

Walker/DeMar/PG/Bron/Cousins

I should be your teams GM
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,462

Post#1131 » by Slava » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:46 am

Demar DeChoked trade proposals should be a board bannable offense.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,553

Post#1132 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 am

Hey guys thought I would share my idea. Lakers get both Lebron and KLove! Lineup of Ball, Ingram, George, Lebron and Love looks a little better than just adding Lebron and George. It should definitely be better matchup for GSW than the Cavs were, due to switching long perimeter players. Lebron gets a veteran all-star he's been to war with to help make up for the Ingram and Ball too young factor.

To get there Cavs would have to compensated with the double factor of taking Deng's contract and giving up Love. If they got a package like Kuzma, Randle and a 1st that's very nice value for them though for swapping Deng and Love.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1133 » by Slava » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:33 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Hey guys thought I would share my idea. Lakers get both Lebron and KLove! Lineup of Ball, Ingram, George, Lebron and Love looks a little better than just adding Lebron and George. It should definitely be better matchup for GSW than the Cavs were, due to switching long perimeter players. Lebron gets a veteran all-star he's been to war with to help make up for the Ingram and Ball too young factor.

To get there Cavs would have to compensated with the double factor of taking Deng's contract and giving up Love. If they got a package like Kuzma, Randle and a 1st that's very nice value for them though for swapping Deng and Love.

Haven't we just seen Love get bodied on defense every possession he was on the floor in the finals? How is be a better fit than kuz or Randle? LeBron is going to play the 4, you need a switch friendly defender at the 5 and as many long perimeter players who can shoot and defend as possible.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,553

Post#1134 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 am

Slava wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Hey guys thought I would share my idea. Lakers get both Lebron and KLove! Lineup of Ball, Ingram, George, Lebron and Love looks a little better than just adding Lebron and George. It should definitely be better matchup for GSW than the Cavs were, due to switching long perimeter players. Lebron gets a veteran all-star he's been to war with to help make up for the Ingram and Ball too young factor.

Haven't we just seen Love get bodied on defense every possession he was on the floor in the finals? How is be a better fit than kuz or Randle? LeBron is going to play the 4, you need a switch friendly defender at the 5 and as many long perimeter players who can shoot and defend as possible.

The Cavs won a title with KLove, it wasn't the GSW with Durant but I don't think he is unplayable against them if you guys are full of switchable players on the perimeter. Some of his other strengths in spacing and rebounding would also be useful to beat GSW

Kuz and Randle have not come close to proving they're as good as Love yet. They put up some decent stats but in next year's playoffs they could be Hood as easily as Love
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1135 » by Slava » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
Slava wrote:

The Cavs won a title with KLove, it wasn't the GSW with Durant but I don't think he is unplayable against them if you guys are full of switchable players on the perimeter. Some of his other strengths in spacing and rebounding would also be useful to beat GSW

Kuz and Randle have not come close to proving they're as good as Love yet. They put up some decent stats but in next year's playoffs they could be Hood as easily as Love

Golden State without Durant is the past and irrelevant, you have to prepare for the current version with a prime KD.

If anything the playoffs showed that you could have players with holes offensively (Tucker, Ariza, Mbah Moute etc) but you cannot have a single bad defender on a team with ambitions of beating Golden State.

The offense will come with LeBron/George/Ingram in the line up, all capable of creating shots for themselves and others. What Love adds in offensive contributions, he takes away with the burden of carrying him on defense, he is a year older, slower and less switchable. I'd rather take my chances with LeBron at the 4 and have a high effort center at the 5 or even go small with LeBron at the 5 and insert Kuz at the 4.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#1136 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:28 am

yungmasaiah wrote:Hey guys you want a superteam? Lemme Give you a superteam (idea):

2018-2019Lakers+Bron(33m/yr)+PG(30M/yr)=21 mil cap space available

3 team trade:
Lakers receives: Kemba Walker(CHA 12M/1yr)/Paul Zipser(CHI 1M/2yrs)

Charlotte receives: Brandon Ingram(LA 5M/2yrs)/Luol deng(18M/2yrs)/LA unprotected 2019 1st round pick

Chicago receives: Jeremy Lamb(CHA 7m/1yr)/LA 2019 2nd rd pick

After this trade LA has 31M cap space available

LA signs Demarcus Cousins (31M/yr)
LA re-signs J.Randle with lux tax via bird rights
LA signs a bunch of FA/vet ring chasers

Walker/PG/Bron/Randle/Cousins
ZO/Hart/FA/ Kuz/(Zubac/FA)
Ennis/-/FA/FA/T.Bryant

this team beats GSW in 5 games
If you totally feel like ruining the NBA trade Randle/ZO/Kuz for DeMar DeRozan

Walker/DeMar/PG/Bron/Cousins

I should be your teams GM

I am not opposed to this
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#1137 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:01 pm

^you should be opposed to that math. Also fit, ability to retain randle in that scenario, value in that ending derozan trade alone.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,402

Post#1138 » by DaddyCool19 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Is it possible to get a TPE for Deng if you trade him and Kuzma to a team who gives you back a 3 and D guy who makes like 5M or less and a TPE? Like trade Kuzma for the 3 and D guy and Deng for the TPE
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#1139 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Is the rumor about Lonzo and the 25th pick for Luka Doncic legit?
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#1140 » by WeAreVenom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:15 pm

FWIW I'm a Magic fan but I hope you guys land Lebron.

My Die-Hard Kobe fandom has given me an affinity for the Lakers

Return to Los Angeles Lakers