ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1161 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:22 am

Giving up a negative asset for an asset even more negative to our 2 max signings.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1162 » by Spens1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:26 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:Giving up a negative asset for an asset even more negative to our 2 max signings.

one is an all star S.G and the other is a player who should have retired 2 years ago.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#1163 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Spens1 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:Giving up a negative asset for an asset even more negative to our 2 max signings.

one is an all star S.G and the other is a player who should have retired 2 years ago.

Yes clearly in a 1v1, derozan tops deng. For this team, it's not like it's just swapping out deng's roster spot for him. 27.7 mil isn't going to allow for 2 maxes. So if your preference is derozan plus one other max, ok. But I'd rather go after PG plus one other max, as derozan has shown his limitations repeatedly.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1164 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 am

Aint nobody takin Deng. Hes gotta be stretched.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#1165 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:24 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Aint nobody takin Deng. Hes gotta be stretched.

And he's the reason why we are going to lose key players and assets. Should had given him a two year deal.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1166 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:54 am

I'm thinking 3 way deal may be the way to go, i posted this on the T&T board but

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
#25 (Kevin Huerter)

The big thing after this would be to deal off Deng (2019 + 2021 Firsts).
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#1167 » by loveshaq786 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:20 am

Spens1 wrote:I'm thinking 3 way deal may be the way to go, i posted this on the T&T board but

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
#25 (Kevin Huerter)

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard
Wcs

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram
Deng
Zubac

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
S&t pope

..... But in all honesty.. if we could get #2 for Ingram... I'd do it... To get a legit big. I'd prefer trading lonzo, #25, and zubac, Instead of Ingram though
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1168 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:54 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:I'm thinking 3 way deal may be the way to go, i posted this on the T&T board but

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
#25 (Kevin Huerter)

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard
Wcs

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram
Deng
Zubac

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
S&t pope

..... But in all honesty.. if we could get #2 for Ingram... I'd do it... To get a legit big. I'd prefer trading lonzo, #25, and zubac, Instead of Ingram though

Agreed, we'd all prefer to deal Ball, Randle or Kuzma instead but i suspect the package will be Ingram based.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#1169 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:51 am

Spens1 wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
#25 (Kevin Huerter)

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard
Wcs

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram
Deng
Zubac

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
S&t pope

Agreed, we'd all prefer to deal Ball, Randle or Kuzma instead but i suspect the package will be Ingram based.

Well too bad Ingram is what teams will want.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1170 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 am

larry14r wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:

To Lakers:
Kawhi leonard
Wcs

To Kings:
Brandon Ingram
Deng
Zubac

To Spurs:
#2 (Luka Doncic)
S&t pope

Well too bad Ingram is what teams will want.

I honestly wish we could go tell San Antonio, here, Julius Randle S&T, don't like it, **** off and try your luck with the other teams and see what kind of garbage you'll get (lets be honest, unless Sacramento do something incredibly stupid, they're not getting any value). Despite people saying we don't have time, on the contrary, i'd say we have till trade deadline if we play our cards right.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#1171 » by loveshaq786 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:57 am

The only way we can have any Leverage is if Kawhi Leonard comes out and says I'm only going to LA after this year. So teams want to exhausted assets on me, no problem but after that, I'm going home.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1172 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:47 am

Best case scenario i can think of (aka, the spirit of Kupchak guides us)

Draft Night:
Lakers-Hawks

To Lakers:
#3 (Doncic)
#19 (Zhaire Smith)

To Hawks:
Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
#25 (Kevin Huerter)
2019 First Round Pick
2021 First Round Pick

Lets say the Hawks don't like anyone there at 3 (which could be very possible if they don't take Doncic there and Bagley is gone). Lonzo hasn't had the best season, but it wasn't exactly terrible either. Outside his 10PPG, he averaged 7 boards and 7 assists and was a good defender for us. Maybe the Hawks try him out (especially since Schroeder will be on his way out i think).

The other part of course is us moving up the draft to land Smith who we want for 25 + Zubac (idk, we could put Bryant in there also but it depends). Then of course the two firsts for taking on Deng (one for each year). Unless they have someone in mind, whoever they want at 19 (like we do with Smith) they could get with 25. Also in all honesty, Huerter may end up being as good anyway, if not better (only reason he won't go higher is cause of his recent injury).

On draft night, buy Keita Bates Diop for cash (if he falls into the 2nd) as well as Landry Shamet and take Gary Clark with 47. If Mitchell Robinson starts falling into the 2nd then of course we should buy him also (for this case, lets say we pull these all off).

Sign Lebron and George (obviously)

Lakers-Spurs:

To Lakers:
Kawhi Leonard

To Spurs:
Julius Randle (S&T)
Josh Hart

Paper value, this is horrid obviously. But so did the Indiana trade.

Dipo went to college at Indiana Randle is a native texan. Also Hart is what Pop loves in a player. I have a sneaking suspicion that Randle could be the next Dipo who just explodes into stardom.

Use the MLE on a backup P.G. (lets say Elfrid Payton) and then use our remaining money on signing Noel on the cheap to be a defensive anchor.

Starting Lineup:
Luka Doncic - Paul George - Kawhi Leonard - Lebron James - Nerlens Noel

Backup Brigade:
Elfrid Payton - Zhaire Smith - Brandon Ingram - Kyle Kuzma - Mitchell Robinson

Other Bench players:
Landry Shamet - Keita Bates Diop - Gary Clark - Thomas Bryant

Nice to dream to be honest :lol:
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#1173 » by Dloading99 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:56 am

I like that trade.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1174 » by jayu70 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Spens1 wrote:Best case scenario i can think of (aka, the spirit of Kupchak guides us)

Draft Night:
Lakers-Hawks

To Lakers:
#3 (Doncic)
#19 (Zhaire Smith)

To Hawks:
Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
#25 (Kevin Huerter)
2019 First Round Pick
2021 First Round Pick

Lets say the Hawks don't like anyone there at 3 (which could be very possible if they don't take Doncic there and Bagley is gone). Lonzo hasn't had the best season, but it wasn't exactly terrible either. Outside his 10PPG, he averaged 7 boards and 7 assists and was a good defender for us. Maybe the Hawks try him out (especially since Schroeder will be on his way out i think).

Hey buddy, wake up, wake up.......you're definitely dreaming!!!
Hawks may be interested in moving down from #3 but you have them entirely out of this loaded 2018 lottery (top 14) AND even out of the top 20(trading #19) to end up with Lonzo and Lavar, Deng's overpaid contract, #25, a very late 2019 1st and another late 1st in 3 years.
Try again.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1175 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Best case scenario i can think of (aka, the spirit of Kupchak guides us)

Draft Night:
Lakers-Hawks

To Lakers:
#3 (Doncic)
#19 (Zhaire Smith)

To Hawks:
Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
#25 (Kevin Huerter)
2019 First Round Pick
2021 First Round Pick

Hey buddy, wake up, wake up.......you're definitely dreaming!!!
Hawks may be interested in moving down from #3 but you have them entirely out of this loaded 2018 lottery (top 14) AND even out of the top 20(trading #19) to end up with Lonzo and Lavar, Deng's overpaid contract, #25, a very late 2019 1st and another late 1st in 3 years.
Try again.

Lavar won't move to Atlanta so you're safe
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#1176 » by Sushisensei26 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:13 pm

Draft Night:
Lakers-Hawks

To Lakers:
#3 (Doncic)
#19 (Zhaire Smith)

To Hawks:
Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
#25 (Kevin Huerter)
2019 First Round Pick
2021 First Round Pick

The other part of course is us moving up the draft to land Smith who we want for 25 + Zubac (idk, we could put Bryant in there also but it depends). Then of course the two firsts for taking on Deng (one for each year). Unless they have someone in mind, whoever they want at 19 (like we do with Smith) they could get with 25. Also in all honesty, Huerter may end up being as good anyway, if not better (only reason he won't go higher is cause of his recent injury).

On draft night, buy Keita Bates Diop for cash (if he falls into the 2nd) as well as Landry Shamet and take Gary Clark with 47. If Mitchell Robinson starts falling into the 2nd then of course we should buy him also (for this case, lets say we pull these all off).

Lakers-Spurs:

To Lakers:
Kawhi Leonard

To Spurs:
Julius Randle (S&T)
Josh Hart

Dipo went to college at Indiana Randle is a native texan. Also Hart is what Pop loves in a player. I have a sneaking suspicion that Randle could be the next Dipo who just explodes into stardom.

Use the MLE on a backup P.G. (lets say Elfrid Payton) and then use our remaining money on signing Noel on the cheap to be a defensive anchor.

Starting Lineup:

Backup Brigade:

Other Bench players:

Spens defiitely took some strong pharmaceuticals to get these dreams. Lol.

scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#1177 » by scoobs07 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Draft Night:
Lakers-Hawks

To Lakers:
#3 (Doncic)
#19 (Zhaire Smith)

To Hawks:
Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
#25 (Kevin Huerter)
2019 First Round Pick
2021 First Round Pick

Lakers-Spurs:

To Lakers:
Kawhi Leonard

To Spurs:
Julius Randle (S&T)
Josh Hart

Starting Lineup:

Backup Brigade:

Other Bench players:

Ball, Ingram and Deng for #3, #19 and #34.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1178 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:46 pm

scoobs07 wrote:

Draft Night:
Lakers-Hawks

To Lakers:
#3 (Doncic)
#19 (Zhaire Smith)

To Hawks:
Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
#25 (Kevin Huerter)
2019 First Round Pick
2021 First Round Pick

Lakers-Spurs:

To Lakers:
Kawhi Leonard

To Spurs:
Julius Randle (S&T)
Josh Hart

Starting Lineup:

Backup Brigade:

Other Bench players:

which is probably a lot closer but i'd rather give the 2 future firsts and then they can keep 19 and 34 also.

Lonzo for 3

Then

Luol Deng for 2019 + 2021 First (add 2023 if we have to).
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#1179 » by scoobs07 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Spens1 wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:

Draft Night:
Lakers-Hawks

To Lakers:
#3 (Doncic)
#19 (Zhaire Smith)

To Hawks:
Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Ivica Zubac
#25 (Kevin Huerter)
2019 First Round Pick
2021 First Round Pick

Lakers-Spurs:

To Lakers:
Kawhi Leonard

To Spurs:
Julius Randle (S&T)
Josh Hart

Starting Lineup:

Backup Brigade:

Other Bench players:

which is probably a lot closer but i'd rather give the 2 future firsts and then they can keep 19 and 34 also.
Question is, who do you feel more comfortable with at point guard? Ingram or Doncic? Im leaning to Doncic, which is why I would make the trade.
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#1180 » by larry14r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm

This is blatant Derailing... Next time is a warning... Seriously, nobody here cares about what happened on Lakersground.
-Kilroy

Return to Los Angeles Lakers