ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1721 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:51 pm

How awful MCW must be. Traded for cash and 2RP to the Bulls who will waive him. Does anyone have the story on him? Somehow, he’s always escaped me. Is he any useful at all? Defense? Free throws? Wasn’t he supposed to be one of the extra gifted ones?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#1722 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm

stan francisco wrote:How awful MCW must be. Traded for cash and 2RP to the Bulls who will waive him. Does anyone have the story on him? Somehow, he’s always escaped me. Is he any useful at all? Defense? Free throws? Wasn’t he supposed to be one of the extra gifted ones?

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/1/7/18172184/michael-carter-williams-stats-career-trade
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#1723 » by stan francisco » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:36 pm

Thanks. Interesting read.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Post#1724 » by Slava » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8w96ktp

Add 2019 LAL 1st top 15 protected. I think this is a trade that will happen if Pelicans don't beat us to it.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,194

Post#1725 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:02 am

Slava wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8w96ktp

Add 2019 LAL 1st top 15 protected. I think this is a trade that will happen if Pelicans don't beat us to it.

As rentals or are you suggesting the Lakers sign them for long term after this season?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Post#1726 » by Slava » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 am

wco81 wrote:

As rentals or are you suggesting the Lakers sign them for long term after this season?

Depends on what Vuc and Ross' market is in the offseason. Lakers could likely keep one of them on the MLE.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#1727 » by Ball so hard » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:59 pm

stan francisco wrote:How awful MCW must be. Traded for cash and 2RP to the Bulls who will waive him. Does anyone have the story on him? Somehow, he’s always escaped me. Is he any useful at all? Defense? Free throws? Wasn’t he supposed to be one of the extra gifted ones?

He's not useful. I'd honestly rather give Caruso minutes than to sign MCW.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,642

Post#1728 » by nzahir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:07 am

Say Lakers miss out on AD, Kawhi, Klay, KD, Kemba, Jimmy.

What is their plan? Try to make a move for Beal or Dame (doubt he becomes available)?

'
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1729 » by Spens1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:22 am

nzahir wrote:Say Lakers miss out on AD, Kawhi, Klay, KD, Kemba, Jimmy.

What is their plan? Try to make a move for Beal or Dame (doubt he becomes available)?

'

It has to be, in fact Beal should be on the table regardless. Say we land a big F.A in the summer, we should be making a deal for Beal anyway provided said F.A isn't a S.G.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#1730 » by MAMBAEMD » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:13 am

Beal for BI, KCP, and Beasley.
Works under the ESPN trade machine.

Beal has a 3 year deal which is a negative but I'm sure he's a more valuable trade asset than BI.
Formerly lakerRD
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#1731 » by stan francisco » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 am

Done.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#1732 » by Kolkmania » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 am

stan francisco wrote:

Done.

Orlando is trying to (foolishly) make the PO after a long drought. However, if they do decide to trade Vucevic and Ross then they're basically giving them up for Zubac and Wagner. That doesn't make sense with Gordon, Isaac and Bamba on the roster.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#1733 » by scoobs07 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:43 pm

TheHartBreakKid wrote:
mackmack456 wrote:bradley beal

Lakers only good Trade for hope is Bradley Beal.

Brandon Ingram + first round pick. Move Kentavious Caldwell-Pope/beasley contract . 76ers/houston could trade for pope

bradley beal bad contract. could hit or miss on Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard. beal could be trade bait for a sign and trade for kawhi

Beal is someone I would definitely trade B.I for right now, if such an offer was on the table. Hell, I might even give up more than that for Beal (not Zo and not Kuz...but I would probably be willing to include Hart as much as that would suck). He's probably the only case that really makes sense in terms of availability/price/etc.
Come on man, you act like BI is some catch. Sure hes got potential, but hes not going to be a star until he is on another team. I would gladly trade BI and others for Beal.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#1734 » by Vae Victus » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 pm

I wished Deng wasnt stretched this season when it was evident no 2nd max player was coming (its not like we used that saved money to do anything useful like sign good FAs or keeping Randle). His contract coulda been useful as salary filler ballast and by attaching one of Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, or Kuz, lots of interesting trade scenarios would be opened up.

If only Deng + Ingram + Hart + Kuz was on the table and acceptable to Pop for Kawhi... that was the trade we REALLY missed out on if Pop was ever reasonable.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,277

Post#1735 » by TheHartBreakKid » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Kolkmania wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Done.

Orlando is trying to (foolishly) make the PO after a long drought. However, if they do decide to trade Vucevic and Ross then they're basically giving them up for Zubac and Wagner. That doesn't make sense with Gordon, Isaac and Bamba on the roster.

And they are getting a first round pick based on Slava's proposal though, which is the real prize there. Is any other team willing to trade a pick in the teens for a potential rental in Vucevic?

You are right though, that Zubac and Wagner wouldn't be too attractives as additional pieces to the pick they'll be recieving because of fit. I think a three way trade could potential make the most sense.

Here is my revised proposal....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc2b5a4l
With the Lakers throwing in their 2019 first (top 10 protected) to Dallas.

Basically,

Lakers Trade: 2019 first round pick (top 10 protected) Zubac, Wagner, Lance
Receive: Vucevic

Magic trade: Vucevic
Receive: DSJ, Lance, Wagner

Mavs Trade: DSJ
Receive: 2019 first round pick from Lakers, Wagner

Why for the Lakers: Obviously Lakers are getting the best piece in this trade, but they are also trading a pick likely to be in the teens, their 2018 firstrounder in Wagner, and a 21 Zubac who is showing a lot of flashes.

Lakers still do this though, because they add someone who would be comfortably their second best player to finish out the season, while also being a pretty good fit. They try to resign Vucevic for something reasonable if they strike out on the bigger names (maybe a balloon one year deal to keep flexibility open for the summer of 2020, depending on Vuc's market. If not, something reasonable enough that you can atleast dump him for capspace when needed) They give up some assets for a potential rental, most importantly their 2019 pick, but they improve the team noticeably while not taking on bad contracts, and not giving up any of the top 4 youngsters.

Why for Orlando:

Orlando risks losing Vucevic for nothing this summer. They also have just drafted Bamba, and also have Isaac and Gordon in the front court. If they do intend on signing Vucevic this year, they would probably have to either do so with the intention of trading him later, or might end up in a position that they would have to trade part of their young front court in order to justify paying him the amount that he'll demand. Vuc will know that his future would be uncertain with the Magic going forward even if he did resign, and would probably demand a premium in order to do so. By letting Vucevic reach free agency the Magic are at best creating a situation where they'll need to make additional roster moves and are at worst risking losing him for nothing.

Magic obviously could use DSJ, as he fills a huge void in their roster, and fits age-wise with their core. Why not get DSJ without giving up the picks and/or young assets that Dallas will demand. You also get Zubac, a capable rotation center right now that you can use to give bamba more time to develop, and his RF rights.

Why for Dallas:

This trade only makes sense if the Mavs really want to trade DSJ as reports show. This trade also only makes sense if the Magic would prefer to trade Vucevic than their 2019 first in a DSJ deal, which as I explained above, isn't that farfetched considering the situation. Now, I don't necessarily agree with that, but if we assume that they want to trade him, they are realistically looking for a first rounder in return. They would obviously prefer a lottery pick, but they certain aren't getting that from PHX, and if Orlando doesn't budge, they won't have too many suitors.

This trade will give them a pick probably in the late teens, while also giving them Wagner last year's 25th pick who is only 21.

I'll be honest, Dallas is the team that I think won't like this trade, and I wouldn't do it if I were them. However, I just don't see them getting a better return than that in terms of pure value (unless the Magic prefer to trade them their frp instead of trading Vucevic....which again, would make this whole thing moot).
armin-x
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#1736 » by armin-x » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:52 pm

I wouldn't trade for Vuc. I would rather wait for Nurkic, two-way center, at the next deadline. He would thrived next to Lebron.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1737 » by Pythagoras » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:48 pm

armin-x wrote:I wouldn't trade for Vuc. I would rather wait for Nurkic, two-way center, at the next deadline. He would thrived next to Lebron.

Aside from the fact that Nurkic isn’t actually any better of a player than Vuc, there’s also the fact that Nurkic isn’t likely to be put on the trade block any time soon.
Numbers rule the universe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#1738 » by stan francisco » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:44 pm

What’s up with Afflalo? Not that we need his FG%. He’s from LA, UCLA. I’d include him as an extra in any trade with ORL. Just in case he relights his game. He was an elite wing defender not too long ago. Injury? What happened?
ShaqFu
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#1739 » by ShaqFu » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:05 am

stan francisco wrote:What’s up with Afflalo? Not that we need his FG%. He’s from LA, UCLA. I’d include him as an extra in any trade with ORL. Just in case he relights his game. He was an elite wing defender not too long ago. Injury? What happened?

I currently live in Orlando. Afflalo has been a huge let down for the team here. I don't know what they were thinking having him as the main "get" in the Dwight Howard deal. He is a solid defender, but not very good shooter from 3. He tries to create off the dribble but he is just too slow speed wise and even slower with the quickness and laterally. Excellent locker room presence, very positive person. I personally would not take any minutes away from Svi for him.
ShaqFu
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#1740 » by ShaqFu » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:07 am

armin-x wrote:I wouldn't trade for Vuc. I would rather wait for Nurkic, two-way center, at the next deadline. He would thrived next to Lebron.

No way they trade Nurkic. Vuc is way better than him in almost every facet than althetically. One of the most underrated players at his position. Clutch player too.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers