Page 92 of 100

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Mon Mar 4, 2019 6:45 pm
by snaquille oatmeal
WTH is going on at the GB?
Before the trade deadline every body was pooping on the Lakers youngins, now they are saying that NO messed up by not doing the trade cause BI may be better than Tatum.
A real head scratcher for me :wink:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1811866

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:18 pm
by milesfides
zimpy27 wrote:
milesfides wrote:Lose Lebron, Kawhi comes home. It's like trading Lebron for Kawhi, a true 2-way MVP DPOY candidate in his prime.

If your goal is to build a contender, it's better to keep capspace open for the future than commit to failure by landing a 2nd tier player, e.g., Jimmy Butler.


Jimmy Butler has led SG position in the league in RPM for the past 4 seasons. What do you define as being 2nd tier? He's pretty underrated and he's being played as 3rd fiddle in Philly. He's a legit 2nd option and great 2-way player. The defense of Lonzo, Butler, Ingram would be the best backcourt in the NBA.

I think he will be the best available player, he's the most consistent and hardest working as well. I thought you might be behind this.


A few reasons. One, Jimmy Butler has slipped in defense for two straight seasons now, since he left Chicago. From elite to mediocre.

Second, and relatedly, he’s 29 and played a lot of hard minutes under Thiboddeau, like Luol Deng, Joaquim Noah, Derrick Rose. He ran those guys into the ground, and I think that Butler has old legs, which is costing him on defense.

Third, you simply cannot pay max money to second tier stars and expect to win anything. Max money needs to be spent on MVP, DPOY candidates, if you intend on being a contender.

Fourth, like Kawhi, Butler doesn’t want to play with Lebron. This has been reported.

Fifth, he’s been disruptive and a poor leader. What happened in Minnesota is not completely unlike what is happening in LA with Lebron. When star players’ windows start closing, they can get desperate, insecure, and destructive.

Last, I think Brandon Ingram outplayed him head to head over four games this year. And Ingram is still under contract for 7m next season. That makes him incredibly valuable, and why would I give up on how much more he can give me for that price than a 30+ year old Butler at 30+ million a year?

Re: 2018-2019 Roster speculation

Posted: Tue Mar 5, 2019 12:01 am
by damntoni
Matteok93 wrote:I wonder why nobody has discussed the chances of LeBron and Durant teaming up with the Lakers?
I agree its crazy thinking Durant would leave the Dubs, but it's definitely not impossible. We will have the cap space.
Imagine that lineup: Lonzo facilitating for the 2 greatest players in the world, then add on Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, the newly acquired FRP, and whoever else. that would beat any other team in the league.
Obviously, it's unlikely, but you can never say never in the NBA, the mecca of roster transaction drama.
Oh btw, who did LeBron pick first for his all-star team? ;)
Go Lakers and happy Friday!


I thought Durant was public about established elite players not wanting to play with Lebron( personally I think its bull, Wade, and Bosh did) That could be a smoke screen.

I see Kawhi or Kyrie joining before Durant. Kyrie os out of Boston. So is Kawhi if they don't go deep in finals. What a waste of a trade that would be. Ujiri is bound to get fired if they fail.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Tue Mar 5, 2019 12:14 am
by TKainZero
I feel like the lakers are the only fan base that lebron cannot pull this bs on

If he gets Luke fired, there are going to be very long time laker fans that will never forgive lebron.

At no point this season has lebron endeared himself to the laker fans.

Even rondo, who laker fans hate, became true laker purp and gold after only a few games


Denis Rodman, Mitch Richmond, glen rice, and even JR rider had better laker moments!

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Tue Mar 5, 2019 12:57 am
by zimpy27
milesfides wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
milesfides wrote:Lose Lebron, Kawhi comes home. It's like trading Lebron for Kawhi, a true 2-way MVP DPOY candidate in his prime.

If your goal is to build a contender, it's better to keep capspace open for the future than commit to failure by landing a 2nd tier player, e.g., Jimmy Butler.


Jimmy Butler has led SG position in the league in RPM for the past 4 seasons. What do you define as being 2nd tier? He's pretty underrated and he's being played as 3rd fiddle in Philly. He's a legit 2nd option and great 2-way player. The defense of Lonzo, Butler, Ingram would be the best backcourt in the NBA.

I think he will be the best available player, he's the most consistent and hardest working as well. I thought you might be behind this.


A few reasons. One, Jimmy Butler has slipped in defense for two straight seasons now, since he left Chicago. From elite to mediocre.

Second, and relatedly, he’s 29 and played a lot of hard minutes under Thiboddeau, like Luol Deng, Joaquim Noah, Derrick Rose. He ran those guys into the ground, and I think that Butler has old legs, which is costing him on defense.

Third, you simply cannot pay max money to second tier stars and expect to win anything. Max money needs to be spent on MVP, DPOY candidates, if you intend on being a contender.

Fourth, like Kawhi, Butler doesn’t want to play with Lebron. This has been reported.

Fifth, he’s been disruptive and a poor leader. What happened in Minnesota is not completely unlike what is happening in LA with Lebron. When star players’ windows start closing, they can get desperate, insecure, and destructive.

Last, I think Brandon Ingram outplayed him head to head over four games this year. And Ingram is still under contract for 7m next season. That makes him incredibly valuable, and why would I give up on how much more he can give me for that price than a 30+ year old Butler at 30+ million a year?


Well if Thibs is on the next coaching staff I think you are going to be mighty disappointed. The only thing that may save Butler from coming is Kawhi or KD coming.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Tue Mar 5, 2019 1:33 am
by dockingsched
TKainZero wrote:I feel like the lakers are the only fan base that lebron cannot pull this bs on

If he gets Luke fired, there are going to be very long time laker fans that will never forgive lebron.

At no point this season has lebron endeared himself to the laker fans.

Even rondo, who laker fans hate, became true laker purp and gold after only a few games


Denis Rodman, Mitch Richmond, glen rice, and even JR rider had better laker moments!


It’s pretty sad to see Lakers fans talk about “LeBron getting luke fired”, when Magic is the one that makes that final call and Magic was the one that ripped into Luke just 8 games into the season and Magic is the one by all reports that wants to bring in his own coach.

Really hope fans aren’t just going to let Magic slide as if he’s not the one in charge.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Tue Mar 5, 2019 1:43 am
by wco81
Well he should be able to choose his own coach.

And this is only his first full year of being in charge so I'm sure it will get overlooked.

But if a year from now the Lakers are against struggling to even get into the playoffs ...

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Tue Mar 5, 2019 2:16 am
by TKainZero
dockingsched wrote:
TKainZero wrote:I feel like the lakers are the only fan base that lebron cannot pull this bs on

If he gets Luke fired, there are going to be very long time laker fans that will never forgive lebron.

At no point this season has lebron endeared himself to the laker fans.

Even rondo, who laker fans hate, became true laker purp and gold after only a few games


Denis Rodman, Mitch Richmond, glen rice, and even JR rider had better laker moments!


It’s pretty sad to see Lakers fans talk about “LeBron getting luke fired”, when Magic is the one that makes that final call and Magic was the one that ripped into Luke just 8 games into the season and Magic is the one by all reports that wants to bring in his own coach.

Really hope fans aren’t just going to let Magic slide as if he’s not the one in charge.



Please don’t make us lakers fans turn on magic Johnson.

Please. Not yet

One train-wreak at a time please

We got 3 more years of the lebron

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Wed Mar 6, 2019 9:43 am
by Resistance
wco81 wrote:Well he should be able to choose his own coach.

And this is only his first full year of being in charge so I'm sure it will get overlooked.

But if a year from now the Lakers are against struggling to even get into the playoffs ...



Didn't Magic and Pelinka take over in February 2017?

If so, then wouldn't the entire 2017 - 18 season belong to them making the current 2018 - 19 season their second year of being in charge?

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:42 am
by Vae Victus
snaquille oatmeal wrote:WTH is going on at the GB?
Before the trade deadline every body was pooping on the Lakers youngins, now they are saying that NO messed up by not doing the trade cause BI may be better than Tatum.
A real head scratcher for me :wink:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1811866


They're a bunch of haters looking for any chance to slag on the Lakers.

With the trade deadline past they can let a bit more truth spew from their mouths before going full on "Ingram, Kuz, Lonzo are all pure garbage not even worth late FRPs" bull again.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Sat Mar 9, 2019 10:16 pm
by nzahir
Is there anyway the Lakers can get AD while keeping either BI or Lonzo if their pick is 9 or 10?

Package 1:
LAL In: AD
LAL out: 9th/10th pick, Lonzo, Kuzma, Wagner, Hart, 2021 1st, 2023 1st, 2025 1st rd swap top 5 protected (no pick swap protections in 2027), 2024 2nd.

Package 2:
LAL IN: AD
LAL Out: 9th/10th pick, BI, Kuzma, Wagner, Hart, 2021 1st, 2023 1st, 2025 1st rd swap top 5 protected (no pick swap protections in 2027), 2024 2nd.

Package 3:
LAL IN:AD
LAL Out: BI, Kuzma, Lonzo, Wagner, Bonga 2021 1st, 2023 1st, 2025 1st rd swap top 5 protected (no pick swap protections in 2027), 2024 2nd. This deal allows them to use all of cap space and get AD with salary match.

Package 4 from LA and Bulls:

Pels In: 4th Pick, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, 2021 LA 1st, 2023 LA 1st, 2023 Bulls 1st with protections 2025 LA 1st rd swap with protections, 2024 LA 2nd
Pels out: AD

Bulls In: Lonzo, 9th/10th pick
Bulls out: 4th pick, Dunn, 2023 1st (lottery protected in 2023 and 2024, top 1 protection in 2025, no protection in 2026).

Lakers In: AD
Lakers out: 9th/10th pick, Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, 2021 1st, 2023 1st, 2025 1st rd swap top 5 protected (Top 5 protected in 2026, no pick swap protections for 2027), 2024 2nd

Are Bulls giving up too much in this scenario? I feel like Dunn have no real value. Hutchinson maybe instead of a 1st or some 2nds?

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:12 pm
by tamaraw08
wco81 wrote:Well he should be able to choose his own coach.

And this is only his first full year of being in charge so I'm sure it will get overlooked.

But if a year from now the Lakers are against struggling to even get into the playoffs ...

I google search about Magic giving any kind of credit to Luke Walton in public and I couldn't find anything.
Lakers went from league worst 2 years ago to top 12 in DRTG and it's hard to ignore the positive things Luke has brought to this team.
My only complaint is that I don't think he's done everything possible to improve on their shooting esp FT. Went to the game vs Chicago and I didn't see anybody practicing their FTs before the game.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:01 pm
by snaquille oatmeal
Question for the trade experts: obviously NO won’t trade AD to the Lakers, but what’s stopping another team trading for AD and then trading him back to us? What’s the timeline? Who would do it?

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:25 am
by BB_Fan
Lakers do not have good assets except kuzma. Kuzma trade will not a net a superstar.

BI injury is scary and teams will not trade for him and give valuable picks/players.
Lonzo has not played a complete season and is an injury risk.
Lakers picks for the next two years not good because of lebron.

free agency is our only hope.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:11 pm
by Slava
Aren't you a sunshine!

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:50 am
by Ballerhogger
snaquille oatmeal wrote:Question for the trade experts: obviously NO won’t trade AD to the Lakers, but what’s stopping another team trading for AD and then trading him back to us? What’s the timeline? Who would do it?

What teams would trade for him . The Knicks ? They would keep AD he would resign unless he hated it there. There’s not whole trade partners for the pelicans. I mean ideally they want the Knicks . Out conference , first pick of the draft . They say they don’t want to deal with us but really, they need pick us or Boston rather quickly. They should
Ask for tatum and smart and pick . That should be plan B for them. So with those 2 teams be the only trade partners . That’s a no. Nobody giving him to us at the next deadline .

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:47 am
by BB_Fan
Looking at NBA game today with LeBron sitting at the corner away from team it seems the team chemistry is fractured and team relationship is beyond repair.

You have to either keep lebron or the young players plus Luke. I don't think Lebron considers the Lakers young players as NBA worthy. The management rule is You need to be part of team to lead the team.

We have to revamp roster with two max players (kwahi, kemba, kyrie, cousins) or trade lebron to cavs.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 am
by SlimShady83
Let's all just hope the trade stuff about him is true :)

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 pm
by BB_Fan
There is a generation gap in the team. Do you think Kuzma, Ingram,Hart or Lonzo will hang out with Lebron outside of court like going to a club or spending vacation time together like Lebron, CP3, Melo, Wade.

You need to get more matured players to play with lebron so lebron can lead them.

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:59 am
by Revived
BB_Fan wrote:There is a generation gap in the team. Do you think Kuzma, Ingram,Hart or Lonzo will hang out with Lebron outside of court like going to a club or spending vacation time together like Lebron, CP3, Melo, Wade.

You need to get more matured players to play with lebron so lebron can lead them.

I’ve noticed that LeBron talks with Chandler and Rondo more than the young guys.