ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1861 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Landsberger wrote:This biggest issue with the young core is the games they miss because of injury. Kuzma has been fairly healthy in his 2 seasons. Ingram and Ball have not. Will Ingram's body hold up under 82? Next year we will be forced into the same corner we were with Randle in terms of paying him. Question is.... do we pay Ingram the max or a top FA?

For me the issue is not "ability" it's the "UNAVAIL-ABILITY "of both Lonzo and Ingram.
When Lonzo went down and had to be helped off the court, I freaking knew he would be out for a very long time. 4-6 weeks they said, I knew it'll be more like 8 weeks, Why? bec even 2 seasons ago, various injuries to his shoulder and knee he ALWAYS take a SO FREAKING LONG time to comeback. I love Randle to stay but because of Lonzo's history of taking his time to recover, I felt, they needed a good back up PG so they used the money on Rondo. It turned out, Rajon is a bad combo with Lebron and that he is an awful defender.
Ingram too, gets hurt a lot because he always knifes his way to the teeth of the defense. His frail body gets banged around by huge centers/PFs and at times steps on other players feet and/or lands awkwardly. Lebron has proven that he really works well with shooters so I think they should explor the possibility to trading BI for a legit shooter like Markkanen.
Lakers also need a legit shooter from the backcourt and use Lebron as PG. Darren Collison has career 39% from 3pt area and he is a decent defender. Seth Curry should be cheaper and shoots a career 43% but is defense may be bad.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#1862 » by stan francisco » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:46 am

Collision, Beverly both play defense. Let’s sift with that in mind first. Which spells, Klay; then the other two you mentioned.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#1863 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:56 am

stan francisco wrote:Collision, Beverly both play defense. Let’s sift with that in mind first. Which spells, Klay; then the other two you mentioned.

Klay is not only the perfect piece for the Lakers but I love the idea of taking him away from GSW. Having said that, I just don't see that happening unless they get cheap after they commit the max to KD.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#1864 » by stan francisco » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:37 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Collision, Beverly both play defense. Let’s sift with that in mind first. Which spells, Klay; then the other two you mentioned.

Klay is not only the perfect piece for the Lakers but I love the idea of taking him away from GSW. Having said that, I just don't see that happening unless they get cheap after they commit the max to KD.

I think he’s fine having won what he has won in Oakland. He might know that KD is leaving for NYK. Who knows? Wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to retire a Laker like his dad. He just advertised his defensive aspirations in the press the other day. I read it as a bat signal, kind of like when Magic said last spring we are committed to developing the players’ bodies...

I’d like to argue that if you wanted to add a back court defender bulldog and spot up shooter, there is nobody better to plug in at the two, our weakest spot.

I’d start small ball until we have a legit young C again, like Zubac:

Lonzo
Klay
Ingram
Kuzma
James
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1865 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:00 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:This biggest issue with the young core is the games they miss because of injury. Kuzma has been fairly healthy in his 2 seasons. Ingram and Ball have not. Will Ingram's body hold up under 82? Next year we will be forced into the same corner we were with Randle in terms of paying him. Question is.... do we pay Ingram the max or a top FA?

For me the issue is not "ability" it's the "UNAVAIL-ABILITY "of both Lonzo and Ingram.
When Lonzo went down and had to be helped off the court, I freaking knew he would be out for a very long time. 4-6 weeks they said, I knew it'll be more like 8 weeks, Why? bec even 2 seasons ago, various injuries to his shoulder and knee he ALWAYS take a SO FREAKING LONG time to comeback. I love Randle to stay but because of Lonzo's history of taking his time to recover, I felt, they needed a good back up PG so they used the money on Rondo. It turned out, Rajon is a bad combo with Lebron and that he is an awful defender.
Ingram too, gets hurt a lot because he always knifes his way to the teeth of the defense. His frail body gets banged around by huge centers/PFs and at times steps on other players feet and/or lands awkwardly. Lebron has proven that he really works well with shooters so I think they should explor the possibility to trading BI for a legit shooter like Markkanen.
Lakers also need a legit shooter from the backcourt and use Lebron as PG. Darren Collison has career 39% from 3pt area and he is a decent defender. Seth Curry should be cheaper and shoots a career 43% but is defense may be bad.

Didn’t Curry almost got traded or not resigned early in his career because he was so proned to ankle injuries?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#1866 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:55 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

Didn’t Curry almost got traded or not resigned early in his career because he was so proned to ankle injuries?

Yes, Curry had a nagging injury on one body part. Lonzo missed extended games on a bum shoulder, then sore knees, then this sprained ankle. I swear there was a time 2 years ago when I saw him land on the floor and simply looked at Luke's direction. Luke looked away, probably bec they were down 3 key players already. Lonzo played on... until 2 games later when they got 1-2 players back, he was injured again. :cry:
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#1867 » by NBAWestFan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:02 pm

I agree there is no better fit right now than Klay out of the free agent class.

I don't want to give up Kuzma.

I kinda not thinking a 34 or 35 year old Lebron is going to take us to the promise land.

But if we keep Lebron for now and get Klay in the Summer and try for AD next year that would be great.

If Kawahi said Trade Lebron for a Superstar like AD and I will come to LAL I might have to favor the younger star than the older one.
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#1868 » by Doug_12 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:36 pm

stan francisco wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

I think he’s fine having won what he has won in Oakland. He might know that KD is leaving for NYK. Who knows? Wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to retire a Laker like his dad. He just advertised his defensive aspirations in the press the other day. I read it as a bat signal, kind of like when Magic said last spring we are committed to developing the players’ bodies...

I’d like to argue that if you wanted to add a back court defender bulldog and spot up shooter, there is nobody better to plug in at the two, our weakest spot.

I’d start small ball until we have a legit young C again, like Zubac:

Lonzo
Klay
Ingram
Kuzma
James

I agree w/ Klay being the best FA option this summer, but no way we could survive w/ Lebron or Kuzma as our starting C. Also Ithink Lonzo is cooked, so I'd rather go w/
Ingram (he performed great in a guard position and he also admitted that loved that role),
Klay,
James,
Kuzma

and then trade Lonzo, our top 10 pick and another 1st for a good C like Capela. Pipedream, but maybe if Gobert demands his way out we could throw in a few other assets (Hart, Kuz etc...)...
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#1869 » by nzahir » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:45 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:I agree there is no better fit right now than Klay out of the free agent class.

I kinda not thinking a 34 or 35 year old Lebron is going to take us to the promise land.

But if we keep Lebron for now and get Klay in the Summer and try for AD next year that would be great.

If Kawahi said Trade Lebron for a Superstar like AD and I will come to LAL I might have to favor the younger star than the older one.

Salaries dont work

I swear some of you guys don't even try to check the math

If we max someone now, no AD next summer
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#1870 » by Up-And-Coming » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:23 pm

I personally think we will strike out on the top free agents this summer. If that happens, I would hold off on signs my long term deals and wait for AD next summer.

Trade targets I would def consider are Devin Booker or Zach Lavine. Shed the salary of Ingram, Kuzma and attach our lottery pick, future 1st and Wagner for either and sign AD in the next offseason.

Potential lineup in 2020?

Lonzo
Lavine/Hart or Booker
Ariza?
LeBron
Anthony Davis, McGee?
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#1871 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:57 pm

nzahir wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:I agree there is no better fit right now than Klay out of the free agent class.

Salaries dont work

Also there is no word about Maxing Klay. Lakers just have to have a better long term package for Klay.
Also Kawahi might not need a Max either. Being close to home has it benefits. Warm weather compared to Toronto.

These two guys might come to make it work for a bit less or even one or 2 year contracts like KD did just to get a feel
for living close to friends and family in their home towns. Home cooking from Mama might help too.
Grand Parents and relatives watching their kids if they have them or plan to.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#1872 » by nzahir » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Salaries dont work

Also there is no word about Maxing Klay. Lakers just have to have a better long term package for Klay.
Also Kawahi might not need a Max either. Being close to home has it benefits. Warm weather compared to Toronto.

These two guys might come to make it work for a bit less or even one or 2 year contracts like KD did just to get a feel
for living close to friends and family in their home towns. Home cooking from Mama might help too.
Grand Parents and relatives watching their kids if they have them or plan to.

Ya I’m done here

Kawhi is a top 5 guy. Max is a given. Max is also given for Klay. Regardless, it would have to be a huge discount. Do the math, not happening
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#1873 » by LakerClipperFan » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:59 pm

Kobe, on a radio show yesterday, said Kyrie is his favorite, closest mentee (someone he mentored). Kyrie phone him face time after he won the Chip, told kobe that 'his advice worked.' So, I'm feeling like Ky Irving may be destined for L.A. this Summer in free agency. 2nd option is Kemba Walker.

Note: It was a taped show on Sirius XM, heard part of it last week.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1874 » by Landsberger » Tue Apr 9, 2019 11:58 pm

LakerClipperFan wrote:Kobe, on a radio show yesterday, said Kyrie is his favorite, closest mentee (someone he mentored). Kyrie phone him face time after he won the Chip, told kobe that 'his advice worked.' So, I'm feeling like Ky Irving may be destined for L.A. this Summer in free agency. 2nd option is Kemba Walker.

So neither of these guys are "trades" but getting one of them would make Ball tradable for sure. Phoenix seems to want him. Who would be want from Phoenix that has equal value to Ball?
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore

Post#1875 » by LakerClipperFan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:40 am

I know, man. I didn't see a "Free Agency" thread so threw the post in here. I'm not sure about a comparable player from PHO.

Landsberger wrote:
LakerClipperFan wrote:Kobe, on a radio show yesterday, said Kyrie is his favorite, closest mentee (someone he mentored). Kyrie phone him face time after he won the Chip, told kobe that 'his advice worked.' So, I'm feeling like Ky Irving may be destined for L.A. this Summer in free agency. 2nd option is Kemba Walker.

So neither of these guys are "trades" but getting one of them would make Ball tradable for sure. Phoenix seems to want him. Who would be want from Phoenix that has equal value to Ball?
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#1876 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:08 am

Would you take pick 3 for Ball?

On draft day, assuming Zion and Morant are gone.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#1877 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would you take pick 3 for Ball?

After the moves that Lonzo had done lately no way I'm trading him for the pick 3 of a weak draft. I'd like to give him another shot next season.
LakerClipperFan
Sophomore

Post#1878 » by LakerClipperFan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:16 am

Ain't nobody givin up #3 pick for lonzo...

nzahir
RealGM

Post#1879 » by nzahir » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:10 am

Nobody giving up #3 for Lonzo lol. But this draft is pretty weak. Barrett is pretty bad to me.

I would obviously take it to trade for someone b/c teams overvalue some of these picks

We NEED AD if we miss on Kawhi or Kyrie. If we don't get him, time to wait for 2020. Move BI or Lonzo to have space for AD

Core of Lonzo/BI, cheap trade piece, Lebron, AD, Kuzma, Hart, Bullock, rookie this season, plus vets

Thats a contender for some years.

I don't want to hear about Jimmy or Kemba. They aren't enough. Maybe we can compete (not a favorite even) for this 1 year or maybe 2, but thats it. Then we're capped out and ****.

1 year deals again if no big move. Just put shooters on the team
lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Post#1880 » by lelelazza8 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:55 am

LAL need shooting and defense...
this is my top 3 rookie list:
1. Cam Reddish
2. DeAndre Hunter
3. Coby White

Assuming Klay and KD stay in GSW, go all in with Kirye and trade Ball, Ingram, Hart and 2 future 1st to Pels for Davis...

Davis/Wagner/Vet Min (McGee?)
LeBron
Kuzma/MLE (Ariza?)
Reddish/Vet Min (R.Bullock or W.Matthews)
Irving/Vet Min (Rondo?)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers