ImageImageImageImageImage

I feel bad for Clarkson

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Re: I feel bad for Clarkson 

Post#21 » by what would jack bauer do? » Mon May 21, 2018 4:25 am

he'll still have a solid career, he's thrust into a situation where he can't succeed in Cleveland. We focused all our development in him getting bigger and stronger to play sg. His defense at max effort was just average against anyone with length. The best game he had defensively was when he was actually a lot lighter as a rookie in his first start. He played stellar defense against a still relevant Tony Parker. He went all out on both ends that game. He needs to pull a Randle and drop some of that muscle to get back to playing pg on defense and playing off guard on offense.

I see him being a successful contributer in the NBA as a regular season starter or a playoff backup. Guys like Kyle Lowry, Wall, and Beal (and Derozan) have made a career in being good in the regular season and awful in the playoffs. Why not Clarkson?
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#22 » by MelosSoreWrist » Mon May 21, 2018 4:57 pm

dockingsched wrote:Despite being a late round draft pick, he found himself on a roster/team where he was handed a starting spot, credit to him for making the most of that.

Later he found himself a free agent during the limited time when the most lucrative contracts in nba history were being handed out, which he was able to cash in.

And now that the lakers were ready to move on from him, he landed on a title contender where he was given every opportunity to shine on a big stage.

What’s there to feel bad about?

Esp because he is struggling for another team(not your own), you can fell bad for him that he is sucking on the biggest stage. Its not like he left here on bad terms.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#23 » by Spanish_Laker » Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Another 0-0-0 game for him, just wow
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#24 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri May 25, 2018 1:25 pm

MixedUp wrote:Got traded from the number one party destination to a boring city, but atleast he was playing for championships.

Was a promosing piece of our core and now a half year later he turned into a scrub.

How things looked got but boy did they go wrong for Clarkson.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Clarkson was always a scrub.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,256

Post#25 » by Frank Dux » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 am

Whats the fascination with Clarkson? He has a ton of fanboys and he's not very good at all.

Absolutely no defense, and a black hole on offense. I mean yeah he can get going and put up some points with mediocre efficiency but he doesn't bring anything else to the table.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#26 » by gts1 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:41 am

no reason to feel sad for Clarkson.. he's on a team heading to the finals.. he has a chance to prove his value... that being said I doubt he'll shine until he learns to be a spot up shooter that doesn't need a bunch of shots/time on the floor to warm up.. he's always done better when the shots came by the bucketloads with real rotation time being in the flow of the game. he can't just turn it on from being cold, hit shots for a few minutes then sit down and wait for the next time whenever that may come
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#27 » by Kilroy » Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 am

Don't feel bad, he's a winner...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#28 » by tugs » Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 am

I'll always think of his 2014 version when he made our bigs look like Amare. He was a great PnR PG.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#29 » by Dr Aki » Wed May 30, 2018 6:03 am

tugs wrote:I'll always think of his 2014 version when he made our bigs look like Amare. He was a great PnR PG.

And then the scouting reports got updated
tugs
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: I feel bad for Clarkson 

Post#30 » by tugs » Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 am

Dr Aki wrote:
tugs wrote:I'll always think of his 2014 version when he made our bigs look like Amare. He was a great PnR PG.

And then the scouting reports got updated
Yeah man, and since he got introduced to Drew Hanlen, he made his moves too complicated. His bread and butter was basic PnR and his only attacks were midrange pull-ups, straight line lay-ups, and floaters, if not passing to rolling or popping bigs.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#31 » by Penberthy » Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 pm

Frank Dux wrote:Whats the fascination with Clarkson? He has a ton of fanboys and he's not very good at all.

Absolutely no defense, and a black hole on offense. I mean yeah he can get going and put up some points with mediocre efficiency but he doesn't bring anything else to the table.

He's a filipino in the NBA
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#32 » by madmaxmedia » Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 pm

Crooked-I wrote:I honestly thought Lebron would make JC and Larry play better, especially Larry. But I was def wrong. They just aren't good players and not ready for playoff basketball.

Nance at least has a role on the team filling some hustle minutes.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#33 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:57 am

Yes. I truly feel bad for Clarkson. Because he is totally looking like a total Di**head in the finals. Dude is Chuck Chuck chucking away, layin down bricks, taking his team out of the game. Nance on the other hand..
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#34 » by GIMME_DATT » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:00 am

He is so bad
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#35 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:14 am

Read on Twitter
Japago
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#36 » by Japago » Fri Jun 1, 2018 4:54 am

I don't think Clarkson was as bad as some of you guys are remembering. I thought he was on his way to becoming a decent 6th man when he was with the Lakers. Nothing great or anything, but not nearly as disastrous as he looks now. I'll always remember him for making what was supposed to be the start of the Lakers' rebuild with Randle more tolerable after Randle got injured.

I don't really feel bad for him though. He has to play better. I don't think he's getting any unfair criticism. The Cavs probably should give his minutes to Rodney Hood at this point.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#37 » by DanishLakerFan » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:29 pm

Clarkson is doing more for the success of the Lakers as a Cavalier, than he ever did in LA.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Post#38 » by OdomFan » Mon Jun 4, 2018 12:45 pm

I still think he could be solid on another team but that's up to him. Up to him to work harder to belong in this league and the first step to that is to get away from Lebrons system.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#39 » by Vae Victus » Mon Jun 4, 2018 6:46 pm

With his current contracts he's basically an albatross, one that i called the second we inked his deal. His scoring was all a mirage for all the bad play we constantly excused him for. I'm so thankful the CLE GM was blind to all of his flaws and stupidly took his deal off our hands and giving us a REALISTIC path to actually accomplishing our 2 max dream.

Only person i feel bad for on CLE is LNJ. He did everything his limited talented self can do. Played hard at all times and never outside of his game. If he can develop more of an outside game he can have a long NBA career, but playing on that trainwreck of a team when Lebron bolts, ooof.
tugs
RealGM

Post#40 » by tugs » Mon Jun 4, 2018 11:40 pm

I thought Hughes was the worst Cavs player ever. It's starting to sink in. :(

Return to Los Angeles Lakers