ImageImageImageImageImage

Who are you rooting for:

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

If you had to choose, which of the four teams will you want to see get a championship?

Warriors
25%
Cavs
9%
Rockets
21%
Celtics
46%

Total votes: 57

ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Re: Who are you rooting for: 

Post#21 » by ak7 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Anybody but Boston... them and their fans are the scum of the Earth.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#22 » by TheHartBreakKid » Thu May 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Has the poll been infiltrated by Celtic fans? or have 9 laker fans actually voted for the Celtics? what the f word guys....
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#23 » by ak7 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm

They definitely came here and voted... losers
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#24 » by Sushisensei26 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Landsberger wrote:Anyone but Chris Paul...... so any one but Houston.

Same. The rockets team is super unlikeable. Ariza is the only good dude. I can't stand Chris Paul and the way he plays the game. Piece of ****. The sooner he fails the better. I am rooting for the Warriors. Apart from Draymond they are a cool bunch.

Of course i'd rather the whole thing ended today and free agency started tomorrow so we can get to the business of bringing our team back to relevance.

Also......... how the eff have 10 ppl said they're rooting for the Celtics. WTF!!!!
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by Sushisensei26 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:16 pm

TylersLakers wrote:As much as I hate watching them, Houston.

Although, I kind of do like the Celtics. Brad Stevens is phenomenal. Marcus Smart is a baller, Tatum is a Kobe fan and so fun to watch, Al Horford has been one of my favourite players since his Gators days, and I actually really loved Brown during the interview process leading up to the draft.

I get the whole "hate the Celtics" thing, but I have a hard time rooting against this group.

WTF Tyler. Don't think we won't remember this for years and years. Jesus. I'm disappoint.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#26 » by scoobs07 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:38 pm

Houston, because I feel that could be a destination for Lebron if they dont win the title.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#27 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Rockets, no brainer. In addition, I'd root for the Celtics in case they face the Warriors in the Finals.

I just hate the Warriors, especially with the addition of the Snake.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#28 » by Wavy Q » Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 pm

If you're a Laker fan who hates the Warriors more than the Celtics, or for that matter the Spurs/Suns you're a sheep who just hates popular things.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#29 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 pm

Wavy Q wrote:If you're a Laker fan who hates the Warriors more than the Celtics, or for that matter the Spurs/Suns you're a sheep who just hates popular things.

The same can be said to those thousands of "Lakers" fans who are really fond of the Warriors, a division and state rival.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#30 » by Wavy Q » Thu May 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:
Wavy Q wrote:If you're a Laker fan who hates the Warriors more than the Celtics, or for that matter the Spurs/Suns you're a sheep who just hates popular things.

The same can be said to those thousands of "Lakers" fans who are really fond of the Warriors, a division and state rival.

1. that doesnt make sense

2. It really can't. There is virtually no rivalry in our franchises history. If you want to mention far away state level rivalries at least the Kings have something there. Divisions might as well not even exist, this isn't the NFL.

3. Strawman, didn't say anything about liking the Warriors.
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by Sushisensei26 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:The same can be said to those thousands of "Lakers" fans who are really fond of the Warriors, a division and state rival.

Lots of fans here in LA who you wouldn't call hardcore actually support the Warriors once the Lakers get eliminated or don't make it because "they are at least a Cali team". They don't actively go out and root for them but when the game is on they pull for them.

I don't, but I get it. Its never that way with the Kings because we actually have a rivalry with them.

If you're a memeber on RealGM i consider you more than just a casual fan and i have never ever seen a Lakers fan root for the Celtics. Even if it was against the Kings or the Clippers or whoever. They are the ultimate rival. Of course anyone is welcome to root for whomever but i just don't understand that thought process.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,964

Post#32 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu May 24, 2018 10:33 pm

JHFVF07 wrote:Really, guys? Boston?!?! I cant imagine the hell this forums will be if Boston wins without Irving and Hayward. All those threads of how Tatum is better than Kobe, Magic and MJ.

I don't even take it that far. The reasoning should be simple: It's the Celtics.

I work with a fellow Lakers fan, and he was telling me how he doesn't really hate the Celtics anymore, because it's not the 80s, and whatever. I'm never speaking to him about basketball again.

Full disclosure: I'm posting this about two or three weeks after admitting that I was having a tough time disliking this team because of how they get after it. Now that I've gotten a full load of Marcus Smart, whichever Morris twin they have and Jaylen Brown during that span, I'm back in full F Boston mode.

The fact that this team isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, and is almost certainly only going to get better, sucks.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#33 » by TylersLakers » Fri May 25, 2018 3:08 am

Sushisensei26 wrote:

Although, I kind of do like the Celtics. Brad Stevens is phenomenal. Marcus Smart is a baller, Tatum is a Kobe fan and so fun to watch, Al Horford has been one of my favourite players since his Gators days, and I actually really loved Brown during the interview process leading up to the draft.

I get the whole "hate the Celtics" thing, but I have a hard time rooting against this group.

WTF Tyler. Don't think we won't remember this for years and years. Jesus. I'm disappoint.

:rofl: I don’t “like” them, I just like this group! I’m sorry! Lmao
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,964

Post#34 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri May 25, 2018 3:14 am

TylersLakers wrote:
Sushisensei26 wrote:

You're doing it wrong. :D
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#35 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri May 25, 2018 4:24 am

To me, the Laker fans that root for the Warriors but have hated the Cavs during these past three years scream of those who are "Kobe fans" first....Liking the more stacked warriors, a division rival, just to hoppe that Lebron doesn't catch up Kobe gives off that vibe to me. That said, that's really just my opinion. It's far from a sin in the eyes of the LAker gods to root for the warrios, especially when your other option is the freaking Cavs. Rooting for the Celtics however....
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#36 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:27 am

TylersLakers wrote:
Sushisensei26 wrote:

I don't like them, I just like them!
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#37 » by mcscotty » Fri May 25, 2018 11:20 am

Pringles and Ariza.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#38 » by Pythagoras » Fri May 25, 2018 12:04 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
Sushisensei26 wrote:

You’re one of my favorite posters on this site, but still... Boo!
Numbers rule the universe.
MachoMan
Junior
And1: 176

Post#39 » by MachoMan » Fri May 25, 2018 2:21 pm

had to check and make sure I was on the Lakers board!!! The Celtics? Really? Freakin' millennials..... :noway: I would cheer for the North Korean National team....even if Kim Jong-un was the PG before I would want to see the Celtics raise a banner.
"I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!" - Randy Savage
Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#40 » by Trips71 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:46 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
Sushisensei26 wrote:

This conversation is epic. And I feel your pain Tyler. I grew up hating the Celtics throughout the 80's, but now find myself saying what a great coach Stevens is, how I like Tatum and Brown's game....

Then I remind myself, it is the Celtics we are talking about here. I hate ALL Boston sports, period!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers